Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open files in local app by default

It would be nice if there was an option to permit opening files in the local app, instead of rendering into a web viewer automatically.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Gamification" functionality, Rewards,

It would be great if there can be some "gamification" functionality to reward activity and participation in relation to task completion.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create default chat folder for doc uploaded to chat

All the bits and pieces and uploaded docs in the chat end up in files and make the directory messy. Especially if you have a nice organised file system.

Can you please make it so these end up in a default chat folder instead? This way my files won't look so cluttered.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to change default send from creating a new thread to replying to current thread

In any chat, I would like to be able to have all chats default to be threaded, and then break them out into new threads if needed. The current method is all chats are new threads.

Example: First message in chat creates thread, subsequent messages auto-reply to that thread. If someone wishes to start a new thread they can either change the message using the menu link on the right or press a button to start a new thread.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Question

Is there a way to upload an Excel document into a team within Microsoft Teams that auto saves as the various team members add to it/edit it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Arielle,

You can upload the excel as a file within the Team, which allows team members to edit and save directly to Teams or you can add a tab to the Team with the Excel file.

Thank you,
    Brooke

7. Add comments/discussion threads to documents.

A lot of work centers around documents (proposal, graphic design WIP, etc.). Give us the ability to have the conversation on/under the document. Keep those comments tied to the document/file. The document serves as a hub for a project or as a major component of a lot of work interactions. Please add this feature.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

We have this! Just click the little chat box graphic on the right side of the document viewing pane (it’s right next to Edit, Close and the ellipses, on the very top right). When you click that graphic, it will slide out a right side bar, and you can start your discussion thread there. When you go back into regular channel view, you’ll see the thread nested underneath the document.

8. Double Notification Problem

Quite often I get notified of a new message and click on the notification to read said message. If I then minimise Teams to the taskbar I frequently get a second notification in the form of the taskbar icon flashing: when I look at Teams again, there are no new messages.

It's as if the left-corner-of-the-screen notification dialog and the taskbar flashing come from two different timelines, both operating independently of the other and neither fully in sync.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Minor Edit option when editing my messages

When user Edit his/her message, the only option to save the edits is by clicking on the Send button (or hit Return which my understanding runs exactly same action). Many times users would like to do minor edits which they don't want them to trigger the related notifications. A Minor Edit button or and option to Save edits without resend will be very helpful to address this common need.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office 365 Groups and Team Membership

It is possible to get into an orphaned Team state where there are no "Owners" within Teams, but adding a member to O365 group does not add that as the owner within Teams.

This makes it possible to lock yourself out of Teams if the last owner leaves the team, it is not possible to add another member.

We tested this on May 19th/20th. Removing a member from the O365 did not remove them from Teams, and an Owner on the O365 group could not see the team unless they were added from within Teams.

When adding a member to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

3,081 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

287 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

12. Allow admins to manage channel membership

By default all team members are added to all channels. Admins should be able to add/remove team members from channels, and should also be able to disable the default behavior of having all team members automatically added to newly created channels.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show new notification on app icon.

It would be great to have red notification circle on the app icon on the dock (OSX), just like it does on iphone when you have a missed call or new text message, with the number of new notifications for this app.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your markdown is horrible. Most things don's parse, and you can't even preview stuff.

Your markdown is horrible. Most things don's parse, and you can't even preview stuff. Add a preview tab.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team as distribution list

The group I created automatically generated a contact in the company directory. If this acted as a distribution list, it would be fine. However, it has potential to duplicate existing distribution lists. Beyond that, if you accidentally email the contact, it goes into the "Groups" folder, which for our team which has only barely begun using MSTeams, basically sends it into a void. It does not appear in the inbox or as a skype notification or even in MSTeams itself!! If at least it showed up in MSTeams as a post, it would make some sense. As it is, it's…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. thumbs up emoji

Please make your thumbsup emoji (yes) not the weird flesh color and stop it from moving. I use the thumbsup all the time in conversation and I'm not sure why but I hate this emoji.

Great tool though you guys are doing great.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneNote Section Group

I'd like the ability to create a OneNote Section Group under a Channel. When asking for a Tab Name allow user to identify it as a section group. Provide navigation to sections in Section group similar to OneNote experience.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow task creation for Asana and Planner

Allow users to create tasks in teams on both Asana and Planners, same as in Slack.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alphabetical ordering of Folders under "Files"

I need to click to sort the folders under "Files" as they are scrambled every time I access the "Files" tab.

Thanks!

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base