Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make notifications work on Mac wihtout teams running

I'd like Notifications to work on Mac when I don't have the Teams app open. Maybe that Teams Helper app could run in the background as a daemon even when Teams.app isn't open.

I hacked it into working by making a second copy of the Teams app and adding <key>LSUIElement</key><true/> to the Info.plist file inside the package contents. Now I can always run the 'background' copy to get notifications with no dock icon and open the original Teams app when I want to use the interface.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Integrate Input from from Team Discussions to TFS Discussions Sections

Our team utilizes the "Discussions" sections within TFS work items for communication regarding those specific items. It would be neat if we could initiate those discussions or contribute to them from within a Team Channel conversation.

For example, when notification from TFS is posted to a channel regarding a Work Item or a bug, allow the user to initiate a discussion from the team channel that is sent to the discussion section for that Item TFS. Possibly a button called "Comment" similar to the button "View Work Item". When the user taps "Comment" they can then use the @mentions and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easyer file navigation in Teams

Our users like Teams but find it hard to navigate in files. They gget confused with files stored in the different channels and have a hard time finding their files.

When users click the files tab in Teams we will like the Teams structructure to be reflected in the file navigation as default in the same way OneDrive files is displayed.

Have a look at the PDF i have attaced here i have visualized how we will want it to be.

I am positive that this will make Teams even better for our users :)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Personalized Team Avatars

Can you personalize a Team avatar? If not that would be neat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera Adjustments in Meetings

Please give us the ability to adjust camera, microphone and speaker settings for a video meeting. We need settings similar to Skype. My camera is very dark and there's no brightness setting.
    Thanks!

1,996 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

364 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Issues with Links

Links do not always direct you to the right page. Sometimes I'll link to a powerpoint but the link takes the individual to the general site. If I click the same link about three times, it'll take me to the correct page once, so its linked correctly.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove global Cmd-Alt-S keybinding on Mac – it breaks Save All in Visual Studio Code

Whenever Teams is running, it is impossible to use the standard Save All keyboard shortcut (Cmd-Alt-S) in Visual Studio Code on macOS. It fails silently, leaving files in VScode unsaved and thus leading to needless debugging.

See https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/39424

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to add VSTS tab with account different than the Teams account

I cannot add VSTS tab to a channel as the account I use for VSTS is different than the account I use for Teams.

However it is a perfectly logic scenario : using my company professional account for Teams but having my Microsoft account registered on the VSTS of the client I work for.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Desktop Notifications

At this moment in time, I cannot see when someone posts something into a team..

adding in a desktop notification to say when someone has posted in a team without mentioning you would be good!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export Meetings/Agenda presentation to Outlook Web and web Calendar

The presentation of the agenda and the meeting details in the Meetings tab of the Teams web client is the best presentation (easiest to read and quickly grasp the important details... also pleasant to look at) of these items throughout all of the Office application web clients.

Please meet with the Outlook Web and web Calendar people and demo the Teams web interface to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't generate random names for channel email address

After you create a new Channel, when you choose "Get Email Address" it generates an email that is just random characters. It would be nice if it generated an email address based on the Channel name like it does for a new Team. Other suggestions have asked for the company name to be in the email address, or for the IT Admin to have more control of the name, such as the ability to customize the name.

Example Channel named Channel1
    Current: af7b9300.<redacted>@amer.teams.ms
    Ideal: Channel1@amer.teams.ms

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keep active text box from losing focus

When I'm typing a reply to an ongoing thread, and another thread receives a reply, Teams usually scrolls down to the bottom and the reply I was typing loses focus so I have to scroll up to find it and click on the box to start typing again. Sometimes it moves the cursor down to the new conversation text box too. Tested both in the local client and running in Chrome.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Follow Up Ability

There should be an ability to make anything in Teams a follow up task (possibly link it to planner). If someone posts something, I want to be take that post and create a task with it for follow up. With this, similar to Outlook's summary page - I want a summary page in Teams, such as ALL current open tasks, new unread messages, etc.

200 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ink support

Allow support for ink in messages

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Check for Updates" triggers a file dialog box

If the application sits open for 15 minutes -- or if I click CHECK FOR UPDATES -- a file-save dialog window opens. Closing that window also closes the application. Very frustrating. I am on WIn 10 fall creator's update...if that matters.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Planner Task Comments need notification updates

When someone updates a task, it would be nice to see a badge show up so we know something changed on the task. I just had someone put a comment in a task but I got no notification.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Files In Teams Function More Like Windows Explorer

The Windows File Explorer has always been great at handling and moving files. In Teams, moving and managing files and folders is very inefficient. Having folder trees and drag and drop capability would make the experience much much better. We really want to use Teams as a front end for our OneDrive store, and use OneDrive as a file share for remote users. This is currently not an option as using Teams in this manner is rather inefficient.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. pdf viewer rotate

The PDF viewer inside of Teams is a very weak minimally viable product. Rather than ask for a whole bunch of features, it would be nice to open the PDF in the viewer I have registered on my computer that will be much more robust. Currently I have to download and then open...kind of a pain. Would be better to open like I can from a browser where the MIME type is past to the OS and the OS can open with the viewer that it has registered for that file type. Alternatively...put an awesome full featured PDF viewer inside…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. why can't I share screens with a team mate. It's like it's just not implemented anywhere.

let me share screens with another person, like in webex or lync.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base