Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting feature from Planner is missing in Team application

Hi, I have installed Teams on my computer. I have added a sheet to get a link to planner (to an existing plan). Unfortunately, when I use Planner inside Teams window, I am not able to sort the tasks by people or status, as I can do in the Planner on-line application. It seems that this sorting feature was forgotten...
    Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. system tray icon

Show a 'new activity notifications' - counter as overlay at the Teams system tray Icon.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams function with Sharepoint On-prem

Make it possible to link Teams with an existing SharePoint onprem.
    Because not every Userdata and DB values could be legally uploaded(in Cloud) in some countrys. Data security is sometimes much more Importen for each files/entrys. (and companys)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When conversation starts on a file, if the file is set as a TAB there is a separate TAB conversation for the same file. Should be linked.

I uploaded a file (xlsx) to teams then started a conversation about this file. However when I then pin the file to by settings the file as a TAB for the team a separate conversation about that tab is created thereby having 2 separate conversation about the same file. They should be either merged or be able to view both conversation histories from the tab. I guess as another issue if the tab was removed I would want all the conversation that happened in the tab to still be saved as a conversation about that file.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a Contact List View

Make a Contact List View

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Power BI embedded hyperlinks do not work

I have a table/results grid in Power BI embedded in Teams. Within the results are hyperlinks which do not launch from teams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Slack-Style Channel Joins Instead of Favorites/Follows

The channel architecture in Microsoft Teams is unintuitive and confusing.

Follow vs Favorite a Channel: What is the difference? Which one will alert me to new messages? Which one will alert me to channel mentions? How do I know who will receive notifications when I mention a channel?

We have many project-related channels and it's difficult to notify project members.

Slack's channels are intuitive and notifications are transparent. Joining a channel in Slack is committing to involvement in that channel. Naturally, members will receive channel mention notifications by default, as expected.

In Teams, users can participate in a channel but…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. a shortcut to channels like #channelname in the chat

We are a Slack shop moving to MS Teams (good job MS)! However there are some simple (Relative I'm sure) design elements that I would like to see when it comes to shortcuts while in the chat. We have several times where a conversation is already happening in another channel (one could say bad channel design) or within a private 1 on 1 chat. However if the information should be available to everyone I like to post and change within a channel say something about a project, like a project status update. Then someone hits me up on that same…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to create a team with existing Office 365 groups

We have disabled the functionality for the end user to create O365 group on their own using below article
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Control-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5-9776-005fced8e618

After that as a member of the Security group (as described in the above article), per end user request we have created a new O365 group and added that end user as a Owner of the new O365 group.

Now EndUser can use Planner, SharePoint with the new O365 group but When the EndUser wants to create a team, he/she cannot able to use the existing O365 group (or new O365 group just created).

I create a SR with Microsoft…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sort notes by time

Right now notes in the notes tab are sorted earliest to latest so the user needs to scroll to the bottom to see the latest note which is annoying when there are a lot of notes.

There should be a way to sort notes by time (ascending & descending).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When switching between teams it would be nice to continue at the same place and not at the general page

When switching between multiple teams it would be nice to pick up right at the same section you most recently left instead of having to navigate back to the specific location when moving to a different team section.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please remove the useless dialog

Please stop showing the dialog box claiming you can keep on using Teams when you open a file in a local application.
    Since Teams is not closed, I know I can still use it.

I don't need to be reminded and as a bonus have to click OK, which is just a complete waist of time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. search teams on iphone

Add search for specific team, right now you have to dive into all your teams

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link to a Google Team Drive

The current ability to add folder from Google Drive works very well, with one exception: folder that are part of a Team Drive within Google Drive cannot be added (they simply don't show up in the list of folders to pick).

Being able to add a folder from a Team Drive would be very valuable to us as we start to use this feature more in Google Drive.

https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/drive/get-started-team-drive/

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Push is not Reliable

We like Teams but sometimes you don't get any push message on your Mobile Phone. You have to open the App, To see if there new messages

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New messages don't appear after clicking "New Messages"

I scrolled up in a conversation to read old messages. Some new messages came in. I scrolled back to the bottom and didn't see the new messages. I saw a "New Messages" button and clicked it and the new messages did not appear. I had to click the "Activity" button to see them. Please fix the "New Messages" button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Record/log Bucket changes for Tasks

Also record/log Bucket changes for Tasks in the chat log just like created and complete status changes. For tracking the iterations that the task took until completion.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. vote for ideas without receiving email updates

Not a complaint about Teams itself, but this feedback site. I'm happy to vote up existing ideas (and register to the site as I have done), but not a fan of being automatically subscribed to email notifications about it afterwards forevermore. Let us just vote please with no email subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OneNote in Team Channels

I really like the channel feature in teams and that I can create an associated OneNote page. However, I can only add pages to the Team OneNote rather than Section Groups. Can the facility to add section Group be looked at?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow copying & paste of wiki from one team to another

I have the same project running in a number of separate regions. Allow copying & paste of wiki from one team to another to avoid having to rekey the data.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base