Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read view on mobile

When opening files on mobile devices, it would be nice with a read view option. A full word document on mobile devices requires zoom to read and a lot of scrolling.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some GIF's in teams cut off

Some of the GIF's From Giffy are cut off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pending notifications when private chat is disabled

When an unread private chat notification is present on the mobile app, then private chat is disabled for the tenant, the notification badge on the mobile app will not clear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Report an issue on mobile with Outlook app

When trying to report an issue from the mobile app on iOS it tries to use the built in mail client. If you do not have that configured it throws an error. Issue reporting should be able to use another configured mail app such as Outlook.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Replicate Alerts from Skype

I'm switching from skype to Teams and I noticed that things get lost a lot easier in Teams. It would be great if badge notifications (including the bouncing icon on my dock) and banner notifications were available for chats and teams with an audio prompt as well. Maybe the ability to select what channels you would like notifications on could be useful as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make error messages appear somewhere in the app

On the mac desktop app, I try to upload a file that gives me an error. in the top right corner of my screen. Clicking on the error gives me nothing and I can't read the full message in the little bubble so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe show the error in the actual chat so it's readable?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not getting Notifications

I am on windows 10 using the latest teams desktop client and I am no longer getting the notifications. I checked and everything is set to display a banner. My icon does turn yellow and flash and show a number of missed notifications but the banner never comes through.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can you please make the "default search" people, instead of "searching through chat" It's really annoying.

Can you please make the "default search" people, instead of "searching through chat" It's really annoying, for niew users trying to flesh out a contact list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Incorporate some kind of photo viewer in Teams files tab.

Right now when you click on a Photo in the Teams "files" tab it opens up in a browser window and there is no way to flip through photos quickly. It would be good if Teams had a photo viewer built in so that you could flip through photos in the files tab.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow TBot with Private Chat disabled

When private chat is disabled, TBot is also no longer available. It would be helpful to allow the use of TBot (and eventually WhoBot) even with private chat disabled.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update word choice in notifications email: it's not Options, it's "Settings"

Not a big deal: but the email I received notifying me of new messages has an explanation of how to change email notification settings... but the word used (Options) is not what it is called when changing the setting in Teams. It should say "Settings." See attached screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See people/contacts on ribbon

In order to see people/contacts I have to navigate to chat then new chat. A better design would be to have a people on the main ribbon. If i wanted to check a person/contacts status it would not make any sense that I have to click new chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When using the iPad with split keyboard, you can’t click the send button

I use the split keyboard on an iPad. When I try to use teams conversations, the little button to ‘send’ disappears behind the keyboard and so does the text window btw. I must change to the docked keyboard in order to send. Please fix!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. android

This request concerns push notifications for Android Mobile phones in China.

Microsoft has a good relationship with China and its message and communication platforms are not blocked, but if our employees use Microsoft Teams on Android in China they are out of luck.

All of Android's and Google Services are blocked and so are push notifications which are of a great importance to mobile devices for their battery life.

Luckily Baidu has a widely availble system in place and a Android appstore. Microsoft Teams is all ready available on Baidu Android appstore (and Tecent's 360.cn or qq,com), but the push…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Website Tab settings: 'Open as expanded tab', 'Open in browser', 'Open normal/collapsed' radio buttons

We have got the expand/collapse feature for website tabs (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19222858-allow-full-screen-options-for-tabs)

Now, on the tab context menu > Settings, can we get radio buttons to select between three modes to open the tab (expanded, in default browser, normal/collapsed)?
    Alternatively, only a checkbox to configure the default behavior for a tab to be opened as expanded?

Somewhat related to:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32041705--open-in-browser-from-tab-context-menu

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tabbed websites: Hyperlink interaction; URL as tooltip, add context menu with "Open in Browser"

As a mitigation for all other known or unknown shortcomings, the first feature to add should be a right-click context menu with 'Open in Browser', available on anything in a tabbed website recognized as a valid URL hyperlink.
    - Add tooltip to show preview of the target URL behind the hyperlink
    - Fix the bug with 'open in new tab' hyperlinks effectively being dead in (Desktop) Teams website tab

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If Teams does not detect a headset connected and sees an inbound call put up a "Hold on, give a minute to plug in my headset" button

If Teams does not detect a headset connected to the endpoint and sees an inbound call put up a "Hold on, give a minute to plug in my headset" button so the user has time to connect their headset. You might also send a recorded message back to the caller telling them that the recipient is plugging their headset in and may take a few more seconds to answer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notifications

Is it possible to have always notification on and remove eventually them? Now is disabled if a persona add a channel and I have to know that this person has added this channel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Summary of Points in "Tasks" - Teams

I use Teams in school with my classes. I appriciate the tool "Tasks" very much for correcting students work. I would very badly need the function to do a summary of the tasks so students can see how correct their work was.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If user is not on microsoft chat and he is using skpe we care unable to chat with him

If user is not on Microsoft chat and he is using skpe we care unable to chat with him

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base