Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

2,981 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

282 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

2. Allow admins to manage channel membership

By default all team members are added to all channels. Admins should be able to add/remove team members from channels, and should also be able to disable the default behavior of having all team members automatically added to newly created channels.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show new notification on app icon.

It would be great to have red notification circle on the app icon on the dock (OSX), just like it does on iphone when you have a missed call or new text message, with the number of new notifications for this app.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your markdown is horrible. Most things don's parse, and you can't even preview stuff.

Your markdown is horrible. Most things don's parse, and you can't even preview stuff. Add a preview tab.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team as distribution list

The group I created automatically generated a contact in the company directory. If this acted as a distribution list, it would be fine. However, it has potential to duplicate existing distribution lists. Beyond that, if you accidentally email the contact, it goes into the "Groups" folder, which for our team which has only barely begun using MSTeams, basically sends it into a void. It does not appear in the inbox or as a skype notification or even in MSTeams itself!! If at least it showed up in MSTeams as a post, it would make some sense. As it is, it's…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. thumbs up emoji

Please make your thumbsup emoji (yes) not the weird flesh color and stop it from moving. I use the thumbsup all the time in conversation and I'm not sure why but I hate this emoji.

Great tool though you guys are doing great.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneNote Section Group

I'd like the ability to create a OneNote Section Group under a Channel. When asking for a Tab Name allow user to identify it as a section group. Provide navigation to sections in Section group similar to OneNote experience.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow task creation for Asana and Planner

Allow users to create tasks in teams on both Asana and Planners, same as in Slack.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alphabetical ordering of Folders under "Files"

I need to click to sort the folders under "Files" as they are scrambled every time I access the "Files" tab.

Thanks!

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Slap your UI team.

1. UI is oriented for tablets. It's ugly and unusable by normal people with laptops. Why would you leave so much empty space!? At least give user an option to get rid of your ridiculous padding.

2. column with chat members - why the .... I have to click several buttons and duck my brain to find the list? make a custom option for the user to include it as part of UI. I want to see who is in chat! not waste my time searching for how to do this.

3. sub-messages in chat? really? do you know the difference between chat…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. give the chance to add links to a channel. maybe as a new page in a channel

give the chance to add links to a channel. maybe as a new page in a channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Juanjo,

You can add a Tab to a channel using the + sign in the upper right corner, you can choose to add a website or you can add a wiki if you are wanting to list out various links.

Hope this is helpful!

Thank you,
    Brooke

13. Different notification settings per team

There are some teams that are more important to me than others. Team members constantly mention their entire team (as they should) but I do not need to get emails for all of these. However, I do want an email for other teams. My inbox if getting flooded and I am now faced with abandoning the teams I'd like to be a part of, or shutting down notifications and being left out of the loop on my more important teams.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add formatted excel tables to a chat.

there are a lot of users that still need to paste formatted tables into a chat feed. really simple and really helpful.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Office 365 Planner Link

It would be nice to be able to click on a button that takes you to the overall view for an individual for assigned tasks. As it is now designed I have added a Planner Tab to one of my projects, but I can only see tasks related to that project. This is good, but it would be even better if I could easily switch to the multi-team view of all my Planner tasks across all teams. To do this now I need to open a separate office 365 web browser and login to Planner to see all my tasks…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Teams for Mac available in App Store/VPP

I love that OneNote is available in the Mac App Store, and it'd be great if Teams were too since it's also free. Deploying, updating and generally managing VPP apps is much simpler than having to package manually etc. This would make deploying Teams to our Mac departments much easier.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. share a link to local version of documents (file:///)

It would improve usability for a team on a LAN to be able to use links to local folders. Can this feature be added? I just want to have a clickable link to Windows File Explorer, like you can with html.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
    -Warren

19. Enable notifications for Incoming Webhook messages

Whether I follow a channel explicitly or not, no banner notifications or message count indicators show for messages from Incoming Webhooks.

There is a StackOverflow question for this as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43764022/how-do-you-get-notifications-from-a-webhook-connector-posting

Thank you!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an Agile Planning Poker Plugin

It would be great to have a plugin for collecting Agile Planning Poker Estimates in Teams. Ideally you could:
    - Geed it a backlog query from on-premises TFS
    - Select a backlog item
    - Collect estimates privately
    - Have them shown all at once and then averaged based on your own formula (straight average, averaged to nearest Fibonacci number, etc.)
    - Have the result fed back into on-premises TFS.

Even without TFS integration it would still be extremely useful it could handle collection and aggregation of the estimates. It would give us a reason to use Teams over just Skype…

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base