Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Group conversations

It would be great if you could add websites to a group conversation just like you can in a one on one conversation.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Meetings Audio Conferencing User Experience Consistency

Skype for Business Online PSTN Conferencing had several gaps that resulted in the end user having an inconsistent experience between Skype Audio and PSTN Audio.

It'd be great to see these gaps closed in the Teams Audio Conferencing integration.

• If a user decided to use the "Call-me" function, they were still forced to use their phone keypad (*6) to mute/unmute instead of being able to mute through the app.

• The "Active Speaker" indication only functioned if the speaker and the participant viewing were both connected via Skype Audio. This introduced a challenge for moderators trying to figure out which phone…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search and View All Teams

Please allow users to VIEW all teams available. If public they can join. If private they can ask to join and the owner can allow or not.

Having to click on ADD TEAM and search for teams is not intuitive...plus IT DOESN'T WORK. This is critical for us.

Also using the mini search bar doesn't allow us to see all teams...i have to guess what the name is

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhanced transparency for bots

Some bots require purchases through 3rd parties and others do not. Similar to the description of apps for mobile devices (e.g. in-app purchases), include a descriptor or icon on bots that require purchase.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit/deleting

It would be nice if we could edit a message after it has been submitted, everyone has typos every now and then. Also a delete option would be nice if a message is sent to the wrong person.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Navigating Contacts & Chats

I really like the design and concept of this application and feel it could be very efficient in managing teams, projects, and a multitude of other services. I'm enjoying it so far. On the other hand, I'm having problems navigating contacts. From what I understand this is planned to take over Skype for Business and if that's the case then I feel that the contacts navigation should be similar to that of Skype for Business.

I'm finding it difficult to have to go to Chats and search for the contact, then click on "People" tab in order to find that…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy thread to other channel

Can you copy a thread from one channel to another? If so, how?

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhance search capability - simple syntax like in outlook and saved search

Enhance search capability - simple syntax like in outlook search (e.g. from: holmes) and saved search capability (e.g. all posts from CSE LT members in the last week)

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integration (Connector) for Octopus Deploy

Provide an ability to have a connector to Octopus Deploy to provide status on build/deploy/test status.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Does MS Teams Allow for distrobution list in the Chat space? So far- only looks like I can send to other Teams. It works in skype

DL should be added to teams. In my work environment-we cannot send chat messages to DL, only created teams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I need a way to send images or files directly to myself.

When we used slack, I was able to send myself direct message s or images. I need to be able to do that now.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add meetings response options

We need the possibility to propose a new schedule time for the meetings, like in Outlook.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow it to be closed

I close teams and then find it has simply gone in to hiding and then reappears. I wish to be able to close it when I am finished

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow PDFs to be moved after posting

Currently, if I attach a PDF to a comment in Teams, it shows that file in the Files tab. However, if I try to move the PDF to a folder after the fact, I get an error when I try to access the file from the comment again. If I move it back to the original location in Files outside of the folder, I can open it once more. We post PDF proof files during the course of a project, but there is no way to move those to folders after posting without breaking the connection. This is inconvenient because…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chat Loading

The chat takes a long amount of time to load the recent messages. Can you make an option available that only displays the most recent chat first? Currently you have to filter through many entries to get to information that you need. It would be better to scroll back in time if I need to find anything in the history rather than being forced to go through the entire history to see what is most recent.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chat UI can have this feature

When I mouse hover on any chat, it shows two options, "More Options and Save this Message". Can it possible to show these option on the same place but with full chat message? As of now, it hides some text of chat.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. @team usage confusing for new users

I am a user experience researcher and work on a team full of researchers and UX designers. We have recently started using Teams (moving away from Slack). Every single one of us has been confused by the behavior of adding @teams to a message. Once you've typed "@teams", it's very easy to miss the overlay that pops up with the name of your team and it's not obvious that you have to choose this in order to make it work in terms of notifications. We all typed in @team, didn't select the team name (because we didn't notice it or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow greater range of permissions for use of documents in Files (Teams for Education)

I'm a teacher and would like to launch my first Team with one of my classes. However, I am hesitant to do so as I would like to upload some files as class resources and I see that students will be able to edit the document and even delete it as a team member. As an owner, is there a way to set stricter permissions such as read-only and remove the option for it to be deleted by a group member?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams erases what I'm typing after previous message is confirmed sent.

User hits send on a message,
    Message#1 is "sending",
    User begins typing a second message to the same recipient,
    Message#1 is now sent and is timestamped,
    The text box is erased.
    User is upset

It's the strangest bug, but Teams will delete what I'm typing if I begin typing it before the message I just sent has finished sending. This is happening daily as I try to relay links to coworkers and/or provide clarification on previous messages. Could this please be fixed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have 2 Separate Teams Applications Open Simultaneously

It would be nice to be able to have 2 separate teams application open simultaneously that way I can have one for chatting and one to view a channel. It would make it easier than having to click back and forth between the two to be able to communicate to both. The other option would be to be able to split the application to be able to view Teams and Chat at the same time.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base