Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Notification

Should be able to set up a channel or relationship so that every time something is posted, a notification automatically goes to specific team member(s).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto translate videos audio

Lyrebird has technology to create a digital representation of a persons voice.
    The Stream video service can recognize people talking and transcribe. How about pipe together the chain of technologies to have a translated version of the videos audio with the right voice characteristics of the person talking. An AI infused dubbed video!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete messages and change layout

I would like if were possible to delete all messages sent (to me and the recipient) or received (for me) in an easier way. In addition, it would be interesting to give more options for editing the layout, such as wallpaper and color/font adjustments. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Associate email address to individual member chatbox

let’s say each individual Team Member would have a specific email address associated to their Teams chatbox, this would allow any other member to send them a private message (in Teams) even from Outlook, Gmail, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Left navigation is confusing. activity tab didn't clearly specify between a user and a user in a channel

Left navigation is confusing. Activity tab didn't clearly specify between a user and a user in a channel. I have accidentally sent messages to a whole channel because the last person to respond in that channel is the person I'm trying to message directly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Notification banner can be sent to arbitrary websites

1. Receive a notification banner ("<Coworker> replied to a message" notification message in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen shows up.)

2. Open up a web browser. Navigate to any website you please.

3. Select all the contents of the address bar in google, and click-and-drag it into the notification banner.

4. All of a sudden, the notification badge turns into a small window into that website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need a more seamless and mobile app experience moving from tab to tab

Can we have a more seamless mobile experience as we navigate from app to app via Teams?? In addition to the Teams app, our users must already have their Office apps installed (e.g. OneNote, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) even if they are just acting in a read-only manner. The Desktop version is much friendlier in this regard because everything is embedded within the Teams tabs to start. In the mobile experience you constantly jump from MS app to MS app. Not everyone even has space in their phones to download all of the integrated apps. This is a big barrier…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office 365 Consumer Integration

I'm trying the free version of Microsoft Teams and have discovered I cannot have it link to any of my Office 365 Home files, including OneDrive and OneNote. It looks like I have to upload my documents into teams, which will force me to create duplicate files.
    I am intending to see how this works for helping plan Cub Scout den meetings which I am a volunteer for.

I would very much like to see integration with my Microsoft Account.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hover

Hover Options

I suggest moving or removing the hover options on chat messages. The problem with them is that when you hover over the message, you can no longer highlight the covered-up portion of the message - which is a problem if you're trying to copy and paste something out of the chatbox, especially on shorter messages.

See attached file (edited for privacy and informational purposes)

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to export tasks and subtasks from SharePoint into MS Teams Planner

we have entire project plans in tasks in SharePoint and are now using MS teams. would like an easy what to migrate them over to Planner

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Digital signing invisible in PDF documents.

After dropping PDF files in the file-tab, digital signatures are not visible after opening PDF documents.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat email issue

Today and yesterday my coworkers and I are experiencing an issue where we don't get notifications for team messages, and we get emails every hour with our received chats whether we've viewed them or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The content of Conversations pane should take the whole pane width

On a BIG screen, there are HUGE margins on left and right of the content. When we resize the Microsoft Teams window for a smaller size, the content ajusts itself the same way Bootstrap would do. Now if we are in a BIG scree, after a while it stops enlarging and we are with HUGE margins on left and right of the conversation. It would be intelligent to either have a setting for these margin or make it ajustable all the time.

See provided screenshot

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Notifications Issue - Desktop and Mobile

My mobile Teams app setting is set to "Only when inactive on desktop". As of 8/9/2018 my desktop and mobile phone notifications are not separated anymore when active on my PC. Even when I'm actively chatting on the Teams client on my PC, my mobile phone receives push notifications as messages are received. This is quite annoying as I receive many messages throughout the day and I'm generally available on my PC.

Running the latest version of Teams on Windows 10 1803(upgraded to 1803 from 1709 on 8/8/2018) and Android 8.0, all updates installed on both devices. I have uninstalled…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to be able to view more than one conversation at the same time without having to click oneverything.

I cannot have the window open and observe the updates--I have to click everywhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. User approval to be added to a team

Users often find themselves included in dozens of teams and overwhelmed by the volume of teams, discussions, and documents. This quickly dilutes the value of the communications and makes it easy to lose track of important collaboration. One of the key drivers of team overload is that users can be added to teams without awareness or approval. This is the "stealth team add problem."

To reduce the risk of overload and mitigate the stealth add problem, we propose a feature that gives users the option to require his or her explicit approval before being included in a team.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In need of a serious UI rewrite

This needs a rewrite. There are only litterly three setting I can change which really do not amount to much.

I cannot move the columns to make them bigger or smaller.
    The right column can't be moved to the top.
    Cannot hide the user icons and they are round
    Each chat entry is in its own little bubble akin to a cellphone with no option to change.
    There is too much space between the bubbles.
    Cannot stop the emojis and gifs from showing and cannot remove the options from the compose box.

Just feels really amateur-ish. I except this kind…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow conversations to be printable

Allow conversations to be printed. Some conversations go on for days and then when you click off that conversation, say to look at a message someone else sent, it takes you to the last message in the conversation instead of where you left off. If you could print the conversation, you wouldn't have to deal with that.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base