Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Releases to VSTS Connection

The current VSTS Connection only supports Builds instead of both Builds and Releases. We need to know the state of our application not just the code.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. left justification of conversation feed

The main conversations view has everything center justified. Makes it hard to read. Slack does a great job of making the core conversation UX compact, readable and scannable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Properly Delete a Channel

When a channel is deleted its activity remains in the Notifications section of the Activity tab and its conversations are visible. Also the ellipsis will allow you to select 'Delete this Channel' (again) and the File tab below the ellipsis shows an 'Unknown Error' message (I'd deleted the SharePoint folder too). When a channel is deleted, everything related to it in the UI should disappear. There is a valid argument to retaining the Files and Notes on SharePoint, to be deleted manually if desired.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to integrate with webhook

Ability to send pretty much anything via a webhook and json payload (jira, confluence, bitbucket, ... )

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to archive channels

Would be nice if we had the ability to archive channels. For example: we created a channel for a specific project. Once the project is complete, we can archive that channel or at least move it out of the primary view. I could see the channel list getting large and clunky quickly with multiple projects many of which are complete.

Also, when a conversation in the channel is complete it should be archived or hidden.

18,155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

988 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2,168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

298 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

250 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

8. Display the date and time of whena message was sent

I'd like to see the time next to the message if it was sent today. And I would like the date and time for any older messages.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Would like to be able to add a web URL to a tab

Would like to be able to add a web URL to a tab for external dash boards and other websites

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  14 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move a project (channel) from one team to another

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information.

28,971 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3599 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Teams for both Skype for Business Online and on-premises users in Hybrid environments

I know you are trying to drive more companies to Office 365 and that is ok for many things. Teams being exclusively for users enabled and homed in Skype for Business Online is really unfair. There are hundreds of thousands of companies out there with Lync and Skype for Business on-premises and a good percentage of those that have enabled hybrid for one or more reasons. From single sign on, integration with Exchange Online for voicemail and even for adding Meeting Broadcast capability. If you want Teams to be used by the masses you need to give it to the…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Archive Notifications

It is difficult to keep track of what Notifications have been read or responded to. I propose the addition of an archive or hide option to remove Notifications from the list.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include Yammer as a Office365 App like Planer

Connector or App Integration for Yammer

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still under review by the feature team. No additional details are available. I will keep asking and hope to have more details soon.

-Warren

14. Ability to Control Document Edit Permissions

Currently when a document is added to a Team channel, all members of the channel have full edit rights on the document, which could result in documents being modified by too many people. Having the ability to make the file read-only to the channel except for the doc poster, or toggle editability by members of the channel could help doc owners share information without the risk of losing content to zealous editors in the channel.

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

15. share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

16. Support for Github gists

One super handy thing I like about Slack is that I can embed Gists directly by just pasting the link. Not even using the embed code.

Can this be added to Teams?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Links Tab to Conversation View

Options are currently:

Conversation - shows chat
    Files - shows attachments sent in chat
    Notes - shows notes
    + - shows additional apps

"Links" should be another tab which shows all URL's posted in the conversation. Common feature in other solutions.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

1,299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

19. Windows app should be in the Windows store

Even if there won't be a modern UWP app for Teams, the Win32 app should be available through the Microsoft Store so it is discoverable by Windows 10 users (that's where I looked first, with no luck of course).

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the works. There was some adjustments to the overall strategy.
    I’ll try to get some additional details and share them with you.

-Warren

20. Map Teams to Plans 1:1 and Channels to Buckets 1:1

The mapping of Teams to Groups to Plans in a 1:1 connection would make the most sense. However, having Buckets mapped to Channels could work as a nice filter for the Planner UI in Microsoft Teams.

Hope you are thinking about it!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base