Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

Please introduce 3rd party PSTN capabilities. We need conference bridges added to Microsoft Team meetings.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set presence in iOS app using 3D touch

When I finish work, it would be nice to easily "log off" the app just using 3D touch, so I can indicate to teammembers that I'm no longer online and won't get notifications about chats or anything else.

Now I have to log out of the application to mute all notifications, which leaves me with the need to re-enter my password the next day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ease with which Excel files can be formatted, shared and edited within a team

i) Edit with Teams/Excel online does not offer the full range of functionality which Excel can provide. Improve the UX and range of functions for both edit options to ameliorate simultaneous remote working
    ii) Opening links to files saved in Teams is not always a seamless experience. Different experience based on browser-type
    iii) Formatting distinct text within a cell is not possible. i.e. when trying to change the text colour within a cell, the default is to re-colourise all text in that cell to that colour

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the Outlook interface to include Teams, not just email & Groups

How about you change the Outlook for Web navigation bar to have email, Groups, and Teams in the left-hand side of the window?

If that was done, people would be directed towards Teams after looking at their email, and with Groups in second, they'd not go into the 'Groups view' of a Team.

PS: It may be worth hiding a Group entry from the Group's secution, if it's enabled to work in Teams mode.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom Keybindings

It would really be handy to override the default keybindings with a custom ini or json config file. It would open it up for people who are used to different keys to customize the navigation experience to match their own muscle memory.

vim keybindings
    emacs keybindings

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SUPPORT!!!! Stanard Windows shortcut keys. As a left hander, I use Shift-INS, CRTL-INS and Shift-DEL for copy, cut and paste. FIX it pleas

Support Standard Windows shortcut keys. As a left hander, I use Shift-INS, CRTL-INS and Shift-DEL for copy, cut and paste. Why do they not work here????

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unintuitive Award - Microsoft Teams

Something very basic seems to be missing from Microsoft Teams. From searching for "Teams" (I guess this is the highest level of organization) to a separate Chat navigation item, I feel like i'm in a Smörgåsbord of features and capabilities without any logical order or user experience. The greatest weakness of Teams is how brand new user begins using it in some beneficial way. Consider a study of some users who have never used Teams and see where they struggle to get the basic flow and logic of this application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share Messages and Threads

It would be awesome to make threads and messages sharable. It's hard to reference others via email / messages to the right discussion in a teams channel without having sharable links for specific messages / threads.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. recordarme

Cuando te llega un mensaje, puedes pedir que te lo recuerde (que te salte de nuevo) en un tiempo definido como tiene SLACK (SLACK Recordarme esto: 20min, 40min, 1h, mañana o proxima semana)

Lo encuentro muy útil.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Will Teams have the ability to show who is online and offline on any given channel?

If Teams can add an option to show member status on a optional right side channel. This would be very helpful. As it is right now, you have no idea who is on or offline or if the correct people are included in a channel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Insert the 'Waffle' into the application, so that you can switch easy to different Office 365 applications

In every online Office 365 application you can find in the left upper corner the waffle (the nine dots) to switch do a different application.

Except for Microsoft Teams

It will be nice if that is added to the MS Teams online app as well

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Steel with pride from Atlassian Stride

Stride from Atlassian is going to be a serious contender and they already have a couple of must have features.

1) Invite to meeting thru invitation link, no account needed.
    2) Highlights - tag a conversation as a decision and- /or action
    3) Add reminders to actions/decisions (coming soon in stride)
    4) Set your status
    5) Focus time - block notifications and let people know why your busy

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integration of Microsofts Q&A bot into team-channels

Microsoft has a Q&A bot-maker.
    There should be the possibility to create/integrate a Q&A bot within a channel/team.
    The Q&A bot should scan questions in the channel and answer questions that where previously already answered.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

1,386 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

198 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. RSS - Custom icon

When setting up an RSS feed you should be able to set a custom icon (maybe with site Favicon suggested as default by Teams) to easily tell the different RSS feeds appart.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow hitting enter to add a new paragraph in conversations

Hi Suphatra,

Currently, hitting enter on a conversation entry in the Teams app on my PC submits it.

However, this is a problem for two reasons:

1. If you are having an in depth conversation, not being able to have paragraphs bunches everything together and makes it hard to read.

2. You can't write a list (like this one)

3. If you are a touch typist, you are constantly having to edit your posts because you instinctively hit enter. This wastes time.

I accept some messages and users want a quick hit enter but maybe you could add the ability to use CTRL…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. poor comunication

Unfortunately, this program is very poor. The notifications arrive very delayed or not at all. Since I want teams as a business solution, this circumstance is not very practice-oriented for us. If I think about Whats app, you have to admit that this is not an issue. Which solution can you offer us? sv (at) salzburgeraufzugdienst.at

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sent Messages

Adding a "Sent" Section, segregating new conversations initiated and responses. Might seem counerintuitive, but I think this would help an an author keep better track of matters raised by him/her

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. attach links to documents for external editing

Be able to send Team document via a link to external users.
    Currently only people in our organization can view/edit the documents and the change settings won't work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change default document viewing zoom from "fit page width" to "100%"

When opening a Word file or PDF in Teams on my Surface Book the default view is zoomed to fit the page width.

This always creates a "too zoomed" document showing only the top 30% of the page.

A double click will fit the entire page in the view, which is too small to read.

Finally, a double click again will zoom the view to 100% - perfect!
    Can 100% zoom become the default?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base