Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support markdown template(s) for new posts in a channel

I would like to be able to configure one markdown template that would automatically be injected into any new posts made within a specific channel. For example, if I have a channel allowing employees to submit change requests, there are certain details I would like always included, and a standard format makes it easier to process this information. This template should only apply to new threads in the channel. Follow-up posts/questions could be written without any template whatsoever to discuss the original post. Anyone creating a new post would see the template in their editor, allowing them to fill in…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more area to grip the title bar

The new ui changes make it very hard to move the desktop app around the screen. There are too many buttons on the title bar now and it seems the only grip point is between the search bar and the org link. It is very easy to miss click when trying to move the window around your desktop. I think that the search box should be reduced to add more title bar.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide audit trail for Planner task edits

Changes can be made to the characteristics of a task, e.g., description or due date, without any audit trail. It would be extremely helpful to know which user made changes and when.

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rule: Only Members of a security group should be allowed to add Guest users on MSTeams

Issue Description: Customer want to ensure that only certain people can do this. These people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. In the group FPDOXKUEXTERN (Security Group) the group is on SharePoint Admin Center > Sharing > Who can share outside your organization
    Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users - FPDOXKUEXTERN

This worked two weeks back.
    If this is not possible customer would like to ensure that these people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. Have the Role for adding guests set in the…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

840 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  284 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integration of Microsofts Q&A bot into team-channels

Microsoft has a Q&A bot-maker.
    There should be the possibility to create/integrate a Q&A bot within a channel/team.
    The Q&A bot should scan questions in the channel and answer questions that where previously already answered.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat heads

Can you make a chat head feature like what we have in Facebook? It would be easier to go back and forth with your chat messages while you are doing something on other areas of MS teams (i.e. channels).

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

We are looking into having multiple windows for Teams.

And thank you for the interesting idea!
    -Warren

9. Time limit for editing/deleting posts

We would need an admin setting to set a time limit for how long users should be able to edit/delete their posts/conversations.
    Owner should be able to delete without a limit but members should be able to edit/delete for example for only 15 minutes.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. STOP CHANGING WHAT I TYPE

I absolutly HATE the way that when I type something chances are it's going to change to be something I didn't type. I would like to see the live preview of everything removed completely and for this to use github flavored markdown along with a consistent emoji syntax :joy:

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. One notetab, option to use the team notebook (as before January 10, 2018 release)

Since January 10, 2018 release the insertion of a onenote has changed completely, it was less flexible but really convenient before notebook structure was equivalent to teams stucture. Can you add the option "use the notebook of the team and channel section" (=as before) when adding a new tab onenote?
    Copy past of the release note :" A better OneNote tab

When you create a new OneNote tab in a channel, you now have the option of linking to an existing notebook or pasting a link to a OneNote page or section. Doing that also lets everyone in the channel…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

1,374 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

15. URL Scheme

URL Scheme for iOS and Android app - forexample ms-teams://user@organization.com will launch Teams and goto chat screen of the "user". URL Scheme can be extended to various features of the MS Teams app. This will help customize Employee App all organization have. Enabling Office 365 directly integrating to these app. Currently, I am using ms-outlook:// to integrate Email feature in the app I am working.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now being reviewed by the feature team. Once a decision is made, I will be sure to post the update on this suggestion.

-Warren

16. A single place to see all incoming message

It's currently very hard to see which messages are unread, you have to find all conversation and team channel written in bold in 2 distinct tab.
    It could be find that the Activity tab or a new tab name "Recent" list all conversation and team channel in a same place ordering them with most recent on top.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quicker way to find contact and start conversation

Starting new conversation with colleague via teams (4-6 seconds, 7+ steps):
    1. Mouse click on pinned MS Teams on taskbar
    2. Wait for 1-2 seconds for MS Teams window to open
    3. Mouse click on "Search"
    4. Enter contact name
    5. Mouse click or down+enter to open chat
    6. Mouse click/focus message field
    7.Type + enter, message sent

Compared to Skype for business (1-3 seconds, 4 steps):
    1. Double click on taskbar Skype icon - window opens instantly
    2. Start typing contact name ("Search" is focused automatically)
    3. Press enter (first match chat window is opened, message field is focused) …

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  31 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I should be able to submit an attachment by hitting enter.

Right now, "enter/return" deletes the attachment. I have to click on the submit arrow. I actually want to just drag and drop an image and have it upload to the chat, no confirmation necessary. If i have to confirm, I should at least be able to hit enter to send.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base