Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for explicit Connector configuration (not possible in MS Teams because of O365 Groups drawbacks in this area

Allow for explicit Connector configuration (not possible in MS Teams because of O365 Groups drawbacks in this area)

Currently if you don't set Connetors in O365 Groups via powershell command to disabled you would have it fully open in O365 Groups.

The MS Teams app suffers from this drawback because you cannot allow Connectors. On the MS Teams admin console it looks like one could control Connectors, but if you get the deeper dependency to O365 Groups and that the Setting there is "oversteering" MS Teams, you see all granularity is not helping you with Connectors.

On Enterprise Level this…

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

853 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  90 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Private conversation inside a Public conversation

Looking to use Teams as an internal Crowdsourcing initiative.

Is there any possibility to switch from a Public conversation (meaning that the conversation under the channel is visible to all the members of that particular group) to a Private conversation (meaning that only 2 people will be able to see it and it will be hidden for the other members)?

This should apply no matter if the users are internal or guest/external.

Thanks,
    Stefano

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please support symbols like % in filenames

We have many files which have symbols like % in them. Currently we cant send / upload them with teams. It's not a solution to always change the filename

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profanity filters in Teams

I see there are content filters for GIPH images but not for text, looking for something that can filter profanity from conversations.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  21 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assigning a non-member to a task in planner adds them to the Team

If you assign a person a task in planner who isn't a member of the team, they automatically get added to the team. There is a message which says non-member but I don't think this is clear enough.

There should be another warning/pop up telling the user that if they assign a task to someone not on the team they will get added to the team. This is a security concern!

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

965 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  89 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Urdu Language Support

Please add Urdu language support

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase Teams Planner Checklist character limit

Character limit is 100 for Teams Planner Checklist items. I propose that be increased to at least 255, if not more.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Usage policy on first access

Option to have a new user to agree with an usage policy on first access of Teams like it is available for Yammer.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accent shortcuts (like in Word) don't work

In Word, if I type CTRL+SHIFT+^ followed by u I get a û. Similar shortcuts exist to get characters such as é à ö ç.

These shortcuts don't work when I type them in Teams.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

2,426 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team

2. Have the user comment on a thread

3. Remove the user's access to the team

4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.

5. The user will see the preview text in the notification

6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show all Content Types in 'New' dropdown from Files tab

When adding additional content types to a SharePoint library surfaced in a Files tab in Teams, the content types do not appear under the 'New' option inside the Files tab in Teams. They do appear in SPO.

In this example a new Content Type based on a Word file template has been added to the Document Library called 'Decision paper'. Here's what that looks like:
    From the Files tab: https://i.imgur.com/uEzVHwV.png
    From SharePoint: https://i.imgur.com/JRhLovZ.png

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support markdown template(s) for new posts in a channel

I would like to be able to configure one markdown template that would automatically be injected into any new posts made within a specific channel. For example, if I have a channel allowing employees to submit change requests, there are certain details I would like always included, and a standard format makes it easier to process this information. This template should only apply to new threads in the channel. Follow-up posts/questions could be written without any template whatsoever to discuss the original post. Anyone creating a new post would see the template in their editor, allowing them to fill in…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more area to grip the title bar

The new ui changes make it very hard to move the desktop app around the screen. There are too many buttons on the title bar now and it seems the only grip point is between the search bar and the org link. It is very easy to miss click when trying to move the window around your desktop. I think that the search box should be reduced to add more title bar.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide audit trail for Planner task edits

Changes can be made to the characteristics of a task, e.g., description or due date, without any audit trail. It would be extremely helpful to know which user made changes and when.

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rule: Only Members of a security group should be allowed to add Guest users on MSTeams

Issue Description: Customer want to ensure that only certain people can do this. These people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. In the group FPDOXKUEXTERN (Security Group) the group is on SharePoint Admin Center > Sharing > Who can share outside your organization
    Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users - FPDOXKUEXTERN

This worked two weeks back.
    If this is not possible customer would like to ensure that these people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. Have the Role for adding guests set in the…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

846 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  286 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base