Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status should always be in control of the user. Why can i not set when my status changes or what it displays?

Microsoft teams should have MUCH better status control. You literally took away simple user controls available in Skype. Also, how does one set Teams to not save conversations? User controls/settings are being removed for what reason?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. delete multi message

hello

in team app

1.way I can delete only one by one massage instead mark bunch on massages and delete them.?
    2. after I delete 1 massage it can be restored (not need this option) it needs to delete for permanently.

can it be fix pls ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. video

At times (unintentionally), user clicks on the video toggle initiating a video share. We need a user alert to reconfirm with the user whenever video is switched on b/w a call or a note that you are sharing video if video is on for the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Browsing conversation history is slow

Teams is very slow to load messages from history when browsing backwards. Even more unbelievable, if you scroll to history, come back and then browse to history again, Teams takes long time to load the same messages once again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deploy new features as OFF by default in Microsoft Teams

When a new feature is deployed, it is ON by default. However, we would like to avoid the deployment of the new feature with less information. So, please deploy new features as OFF by default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to verify the guest invitation for internal users

Need a feature that can verify if tenant users are invited as guest for an external tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Japanese entries cannot be converted correctly when creating a table in Wiki tab

There is an issue that the first character won’t be converted into Japanese correctly and it will be shown in alphabet instead if you input Japanese characters in the cell in the after second column when creating a table in Wiki tab with Microsoft Teams.
    For example, if you enter “ki”, it should be auto-converted into “き” (representing “ki” in Japanese), but if you enter “ki” in the cell in the after second column, it will be auto-converted into “kい”.
    This issue happens on only Teams desktop app. It doesn’t happen on Teams Web app. So, please fix this behavior…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Settings won't save my changes

E.g. I changed my call settings but every time I leave the page it just automatically sets to its defaults. Could you please get that fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. website app microsoft edge

Allow the user to select which internet browser to use when using the Website App within the Teams desktop application. Some websites can not run properly on Chrome/Edge/etc. It would make the integration much better if we could select which browser to use within Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

Images aren't loading when trying to click to view full zoomed image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I can't see all my open chats

I cannot see all the chats I have open like in Skype. I can see each chat within Skype individually, but I cannot in teams. For now I am clicking on each name in my team to see if they sent me a chat. Is there a way to see chats individually? I don;t want to miss something I need to respond to, but this seems like I will chat less.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow @Person to be added to Wiki's outside of private team.

I like to use @Person when adding contact information to Wikis. It allows users of the Wiki to hover or click on the persons name to find contact details. This feature reduces my requirement to maintain changing information in other peoples contacts.

It works great except if I am working in a Team where the @person I am trying to add is not part of that particular team. It would be great if it worked for the entire organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ask to join should "ask to join"

In meetings there is an "Ask to join" option in the drop down for invitees who have not yet joined. It doesn't "ask" it calls them, this is very intrusive and can be confusing for somebody who is actually on their way or ending up some other meeting.

Instead the button should do what it actually says, "Ask." Maybe it could pop up a banner reminder that says "Meeting name has started click here to join."

Alternately change the name of the link to "Call now."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customize Status List that will be available all the time.

Under status, would like to be able to add customized status that would remain where I could choose it periodically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. separate chat notification icon from all other activities

currently all activities are combined in one icon on the bottom. it would be very helpful to have a separate count notification for chat vs all other activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to edit Message Order

Currently there is no option to edit the order the posts are coming into the Teams. The messages are currently ordered by the latest reply to each post which makes the general posts ("conversations") hard to track by timestamp. It would be helpful if there is an option to keep the order of the general posts instead of the latest reply to the post altering the order of the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Additional notification settings.

Allow you to get chat notifications with upgraded settings. Right now you can only get all notifications or none. Should be more options such as receiving only notifications for new chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams test Call should include Video and Latency Test

The current Test Call solution does not accounts for Video or Screen Sharing.
    A real test call example should account that the user might need to share screen or video during the call. Voice only is not sufficient.
    We have seen many times were Voice alone is enough, but when enabling Video the voice will start breaking up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assign users to more than one Team Apps Setup Policy

I've been experimenting with the new Teams Apps Setup Policies and found that any single user can not be assigned more than one App Policy, especially since I have plenty of situations where multiple users have different app requirements, and some share the same. It's not just a matter of assigning all the apps a certain user needs to a single policy. That would quickly become unmanageable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color code contacts

Enable assignment of color to specific contacts, to more easily find a chat from that contact in the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.