Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Calendar

Need for a team calendar, so we can see when others will be out of the office for vacations, etc so future plans can be made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a user to modify their default participant settings for all meetings as opposed to per meeting.

Allow a user to modify their default participant settings for all meetings as opposed to per meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please ad in teams a resource plannner (with a day, week or mond view

please ad in teams a resource planner (with a day, week or month view.

were you can create your one resources and task types. in a good overview.

shifts already has comparative options but for a resource planner I still miss a number of options

see attached link.

see https://youtu.be/sx6qf-xR71I

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Video conferencing recording can be improved

We are trying to do Teams recorded video calls. Using a Video Conferencing room camera. The problem is even if you PIN in teams the video window to be full screen as the host, the recording comes back as just a quarter window. Which is disappointing as however it is being recorded it would make sense to PIN on the VC room also and the recording would come back as full screen, just portraying whatever is displayed in the room. Or is there another solution. Please can you advise how this can be done? As we would like to use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please improve the crying-smiling emoji

The animated crying-smiling emoji on MS teams looks evil. Take a few seconds to look at it and imagine this coming from its mouth: "MWAHAHAHAHAHA".

Therefore, when I use it, I feel like I might seem passive aggressive to my colleagues.

Compare it to the iPhone emoji, which wears a more light-hearted expression.

I would be grateful if you could improve this element of the software.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. REMOVE ORGANISATIONS - INTEGRATE GUEST ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!

REMOVE ORGANISATIONS - INTEGRATE GUEST ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!
    Having to have 7 in private browsing tabs open in order to be online in all your organisations at the same time is not a a valid solution to externally connected co-workers.

There are many different suggested solutions to this major issue; it's undefendable that none of them have been implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow search for users based on organisation or role as Skype does.

Allow search for users based on organisation or role as Skype does.

Skype allows you to search for words associated with users, this is very useful for multiple members in large organisations. This is not available in Teams in any way as of yet and this is big oversight which should be added in!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. All Images at one place just like files tab in teams

Need to have a Images tab just like files tab in the chat window where we can view all the images at one place instead of scrolling for images through the chat. It could really save the time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pop out window for files and other tabs

When using teams i constantly need to switch between chats, teams and open files and tabs.

I read that a new feature will be to pop out a chat conversation.

I would suggest to also include a pop out for working in an excel or word file/ or even a different tab. This to continue working will browsing the teams channel for additional info.

I need to update documents based on input from the team members and info from other files and tabs. I really need to pop out a working file to maintain overview and accessibility to the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Permit the selection of ""Default Communication Device" for both audio in / out

This permits the use of an external program to switch devices using Windows 10's built-in capability (e.g. via StreamDesk) mid call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. enable mentions in files in the teams app

enable @ mentions in files in the teams app so you can assign part of a document to people within the app rather than just online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option for shared history for call logs

At the moment when I look at my call log, it shows that I have a missed call when a colleague has picked up the call. this is creating the confusion. I need to be able to see my call log on my own, BUT also have option of call log view of team so that if someone in my team pick up the call there is no confusion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One chat for all

When you get invited to another organisation's MS teams, you'll get a separate chat (for your guest account) for their MS teams.

Please change this so we'll have one place for ALL our chats cross organisations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Number of items / Unread items in the top menu bar

In each chanel display next to the Posts / Files / Wiki top bar menu the number of items unread/ the number of items Posted
    Example :

Posts (2/10) Files(0/15) Wiki(2/3)

Channel A
    Afile or wiki item would be considered unread again every time it gets updated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Call Queue position notification for Caller

Provide the option of notifying the Caller of their position in the Call Queue in the On Hold music.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Not good for teams who work across areas or have multiple external stakeholders

Teams work well for teams who work in strict silos but not so well for teams that integrate across the whole organisation and have ad hoc or many different stakeholders. E.g. we work in a governance team that splits into compliance, legal and risk and that splits into various sub teams but there is lots of cross integration. E.g. we create a team for legal but depending on the topic and the stakeholders, we would have different channels for the different areas (contracting, litigation, advisory). We don't want to add everyone to be members of each channel or be able…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams for Linux starts typing text automatically after sharing your screen

Start a call, share your screen, After exiting the call or even before you finish the call, try typing a sentence or copy pasting text with ctrl+c ctrl+v. You should see very weird behaviour with random keys being pressed. The issue disappears if you exit teams.
    Kernel: 5.0.0-37-generic
    Teams Build No: teams1.2.00.32451amd64

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto Text Expansion in MacOS

Please introduce Auto Text Expansion in Microsoft Teams MacOS version. This handy feature exists in Skype and I really miss it on Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app

I would request a feature to verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app, because we need to verify the setting for channels one-by-one at the moment and it’s going to be a hard work for admins when the channels get increased to a large number. So, it would be very convenient if we could check and set notification setting for multiple channels at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base