Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move teams notification window

When a notification comes in like someone is calling, it appears on the main screen of Windows. I keep Teams on a secondary screen. Sometimes I am running a full screen app on the main screen and the teams notification can't be displayed. It would be nice if the notification window appeared on the same screen as the teams window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only let Owners remove and manage a chat group.

Only let the person who made the chat group remove others.Also enable the owners of the chat group to give the ability of removing and adding people to another person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Negative Reactions

Almost all the reactions are positive, or agreeable, there are times however where you need to disagree. Using the angry reaction sucks, and does not convey disapproval without also making it look like your about to lose your composure.

Please add a thumbs down, circle with an x, 0%, or other icons to show disapproval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Approvals app - need to be able to reopen a rejected item once changes have been made

The Approvals app is a great feature but when one of your approvers rejects an item, you are not able to resubmit/reopen that same item once the requested amendments have been made. Other people who were also required to approve are then not able to approve or reject. The app needs to be more flexible to accommodate this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make sign-in universal across tenants and users

I've attached a picture of my slack spaces. I have sign-ins across multiple emails into about 7 or 8 different places - all accessible in one click.
    Your experience is brutal. One tenant only. Have to sign out and back in to switch to a new tenant. Can only associate one organization.

It would be so great if ALL of my teams spaces were able to be signed in at once and a simple push of a button switches - not the whole can't see one org (or guest) when you're logged into another experience that is going on now.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only let some selected people like “Owners” or “Organizers”remove others from the chat group

Allow some people to be “Owners” or “Organizers” while others are something like “Members”.Allow ”Owners” or “Organizers” to have the ability to add or remove people from the chat group while “Members” don’t.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Add Teams Channel Tab That Goes Straight to Designated Channel

Currently, when I'm using the client Teams app on my laptop, if I try to add a tab that would take me directly to another Teams channel, it first prompts me to decide on using Teams via my browser or if I want to download the client app. Since I'm already using the client app, Teams should be able to recognize this and take me directly to the desired Teams channel in the client app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a tenant-level channel moderation setting

We're a School District (K-12). We would like you to add a tenant-level channel moderation setting for education whereby only teams owners/teachers can be the moderator of the Team and members/students by default would not be allowed to reply to channel messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow users to specify "don't show Teams chats from my personal account in the 'recent' chat list" for my work account

For users with two separate accounts with two separate email address logins, one for work, one for personal, but perhaps the same phone number for both accounts, the chat history for either should only show up in THAT account's respective chat history.

As a user, I consistently see chat history for my personal account appearing in my work account chat history. I don't understand why this would keep happening, and have done all the due diligence of searching, asking, exploring, etc. First of all, users should NOT be seeing personal chat history when they are logged onto a work account…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Review and removal of GIFs that are objectional or NSFW

Review and removal of GIFs that are objectional or NSFW. I'd like to see the review and removal of GIFs or photos that may be objectional. I unsuspectingly posted a GIF of "philly cheesesteak" with two guys toasting their sandwiches. Looked innocent enough in the teeny tiny preview. But the message on the black tshirt of the driver on the right said "EAT IT *****". And I posted this to my work group. Not so fun. I'd advocate for a removal of that image. Plus a way to retract or delete sent message. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for SIP phones

Please deploy support for SIP phones, we can't buy new hardware every time we switch service

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show explicit meetings in Teams Status

When I look at someone in Chat for Teams in order to see if I can call them, I look at their status and if busy I just chat and if green/free I call. I have access to their calendars, so if they are busy I check what they are doing just to know how busy etc. or whether their business is based on a call/meeting I already know is over. It would be really good if the little green/red status icon could say what they are doing (if I have access to it). Currently you can hover over and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared screen clicks

Allow non-hosting participants to click on the current shared screen, and have that create an indicator on the host's screen to see where they should click or do something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Possibility to add automatically and manually the call history in the calendar

It will be useful to me to have the possibility to add the Teams calls automatically in my calendar. I would make it adjustable. For example, add the Teams calls in my calendar, which are longer than 5, 10, 10+ or all.
    It should be also possible to add manually calls in my calendar. For example, in call/history add the possibility to add the call in my calendar as "do you want to add this call in your calendar?".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More color options as part of Themes

At present, there are only 2 color themes, dark mode and blue. Can we have more colors like it is for Outlook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scope Approvals

It should be possible to assign a group or scope approvals so another user can see them.

E.g.
    User A requests use of credit card from their Manager and ticks "credit card approval" box
    Manager approves item

The Accounts teams should be able to see all approved/unapproved credit card requests, even if they didn't approve them or weren't involved in the flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Approvals App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow viewers of shared content to highlight areas of shared content

In meetings discussing shared content it would be helpful for viewers to be able to highlight/point to areas of the shared content, or even treat it as a shared whiteboard

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base