Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to enable push to talk in group meetings

Allow the users to configure to enable push to talk in group meetings.

2,693 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

298 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow code markdown inline

When chatting, I'm forced to use a new entry if I wish to use the markdown for code. If I try to use it inline, it does not format into a code box and includes the "" in the message. If the message does not start with the ```, then it ignores that you are trying to use Markdown.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to react to posts (with multiple emojis)

We need the ability to react to posts with emojis. The full suite of emojis should be available. Any person should be able to react with multiple emjois per post.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Just Makes Teams The Default for Groups

I may be misunderstanding Teams, but I am wondering why this just isn't the Groups platform? It's the perfect setup for what Groups seemed to be when they first came out. A quick, easy, convenient place for collaboration with files, events/meetings, planner, and conversation. Just seems to "choppy" as "another place". Sharepoint/Team sites can be left separate in the case there is a need for that type of functionality. But, again,

I may be misunderstanding. Really like the interface and definitely see this replacing internal email all together. With the potential for email to become external communications mainly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. @mention without menu

I'd like to be able to @mention someone without having to tab-complete or pick their name from the popup menu. If I type @lastname, firstname and then just keep typing (or @firstname lastname or @firstlast or @userid or anything else), it just comes out as plain text without transforming into a link/mention.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio is inconsistent, even using the same devices/settings

We've been using the desktop application for Teams for several months now and use the video conferencing feature regularly. It seems like every other time we start a call, the audio does not come through on one end. This happens on multiple devices (that have worked previously) and we can't seem to resolve it by changing audio recording devices.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. macOS - Login credentials get asked about every hour

Why are login credentials not saved. Desktop applications logs out about once every hour. I am using teams or Mac version 0.7.00.40. Shouldn't it stay logged all the time?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IFTTT integration

Other Microsoft products already have IFTTT integration. Allowing Teams to work with IFTTT in a way similar to how Slack works with IFTTT would open up a lot of possibilities.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Answering button blends in too much

Answering button blends in too much, the decline button is much more appealing to click when there is an incoming call. A green answer button would have been much better from a design perspective. Green answering buttons are consistent, familiar and rich in contrast.

226 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow in-line comments to an embedded (Teams tab) OneNote or Word document.

Currently an added tab for OneNote does not allow for in-line comments. My vision is exactly what Microsoft currently does for Word Online...when a user adds a comment to a line or highlighted section in the main document it places the comment to the right side and adds a "callout" icon that maps to the actual comment to the right side area. That comment then can be sub-commented until it's flagged as "done".

Currently, a tab created for a Word document only allows read-only unless opened in locally or in Word Online. Work Online would be sufficient but there is…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop showing a notification after ending a call.

After ending a call with a person, that persons name is highlighted as having unread messages.

This is really annoying.

The only way to stop it is to change to another person and back again.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a setting to Planner buckets that automatically organises tasks in order of due date

I have a bucket in a Planner tab that is populated with many tasks, and I have to keep manually dragging these into order of due date. This is because Teams places the task entries at the top of the bucket by default.

So a setting to automatically order all tasks within a particular bucket relating to a certain property would remove the need to manually reposition tasks as they are added. You could have them ordered in due date for example, which is what I am after, or alternatively in order of start date, label colour or progress.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. double click title

Please set your OS X desktop app to follow the system preference for double clicking the title bar. Very annoying when you have this set to minimize apps, and this one app maximizes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Visually differentiate between the chats

There should be clear visual distinctions between the different chats in the same channel. it's hard to find separate. Having borders will definitely help. Having a chat title will be helpful as well and will help in easily replying to a thread.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Build in QnA bot into Teams

It would be great if you could build in your QnA bot into Teams and have it digest the channels SharePoint (files) for Questions and Answers?

I'm thinking something like.

1. I ask a question.

2. It returns results

3. I say "not found"

4. It posts it to channel as a Question that needs answering

5. Once answered Bot asks requester if it answers question

6. If so answer added to share point as something (word doc? excel? List? I don't know.

Also some options to update/expand answers, or mark them as needing to be re-answered?

https://qnamaker.ai/

Then you can build up a corproate QandA…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the ability to easily make a existing scheduled meeting a Teams Video meeting (Skype meeting).

I have lots of existing scheduled meetings. It would be nice to easily add a video option when needed to existing meetings. I shouldn't have to recreate the meeting

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change text size

Given today's high resolution monitors, the text is too small to read. give the user the ability to resize the text so they can actually read it.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make user search in Teams consistent

In Teams, we are seeing different results depending on the method we use to search for a user in Teams.

1.In Chat, if you type a user name out in the Search area and go to people, what comes back is the name ALONG with their UPN ID (Like XZXXX1@nam.corp.conteso.com)
    2. In Chat, if you go to just start a chat with someone, and type in their name you will see the name along with their USER ID only (like XZXXX1)
    3. In a channel, if you go to mention a person using the @ symbol, as you type…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The wiki is too rudimentary.

It is cumbersome to even add a page to a wiki -- let alone find it afterwards. The wiki concept is not new. Standards, or at least the expectations, for what a wiki should work and look like are set. At a minimum, there should be a left panel to act as a content browser. I eventually found something like it. But, it's hidden by default! Why does it need to be hidden at all?

Also, I'm all for minimalist design. But, not at the cost of usability. Editing tools should always be visible. Wikis are meant to be edited…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)