Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications is really inefficient

Why are we flipping between group teams vs. individual chats

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI

Improve UI (difficult to understand hierarchy between chat and teams). Improve notificaton.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Team list column adjustable and closeable

Team list column should be adjustable and the column should be closeable.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am an very experienced computer user and can always figure out new things really quickly, but Teams is almost impossible to use

The user experience is very very confusing. This is one of the most difficult programs I have ever had to become familiar with.

It's hard to make a specific suggestion, but every single person in my organization is struggling with Teams even though everyone is an expert user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audit more user actions

We need to have audit logging of at least

file uploads and downloads in all contexts (meetings, Team chats, 1-1 chat etc)
    edited message content

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please allow for IRC-style chat rooms

Since the "Hide the reply button" request was closed(https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925779-hide-the-reply-button-under-every-message), I'm opening this request.

Obviously some people want actual chatrooms, not a window of various threaded conversations you have to scroll back and forth through.

Please consider adding actual chat rooms like you'd find with IRC, or even Discord. Compact, chronological ordered messages, easily copy/paste-able, easily searchable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. - Stop auto-adding every channel I visit to my favorites - Get rid of the giant clip art at the top of every, single, channel - Stop telling

• Stop auto-adding every channel I visit to my favorites

• Get rid of the giant clip art at the top of every, single, channel

• Stop telling me to download the app

• Put a count of unread messages on each team (instead of just making it bold)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Consolidate Teams, VSTS, and SharePoint Wikis into one shared product/experience

The three products are similar but incompatible at the moment, minimizing the value of all three. If they were consolidated in a way that allowed source control in VSTS, editing and publishing from SharePoint and Teams it would be a much more compelling story all around.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PERT/CPM View

While Teams gives a good organizational view of a project, it doesn't provide a good view for scheduling. Being able to plan both the individual needs of a project and the critical path/timeline for a project are essential for good project management. While I think it would be difficult to use an interface like Teams to depict project schedules in a Gantt chart, I think it would be interesting if the planner could assign expected due date estimates/time estimates and change the view in Planner to a PERT diagram in order to view total project times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. window size unwanted expansion

When I minimize Teams from a non-maximized state, and then restore it again, the bottom and right edges expand slightly.

The result of this is that over the course of the day switching to/from Teams, the window ends up growing significantly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show previews of videos in Microsoft Stream like you do for YouTube & Vimeo

I love the automatic preview I get when I paste a hyperlink to a YouTube or Vimeo video in a conversation tab message. I want the same thing for videos I post to my company's Microsoft Stream.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Tasks Keyword Searchable

Currently Planner Tasks are not searchable in Planner or in Teams. Please make keyword searches in Team apply to Tasks as well and add search-ability to Planner.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The contacts pane does not show up automatically to be able to Admit external contacts or dial in

Guys, If I don't make sure to click on the contacts pane before people start to join the Meeting I have no notification whatsoever to tell me hey there's people waiting in the lobby waiting to be admitted in fact is there a lobby? Please either pin the contacts list automatically on the Conference calls or just create a simple notification whenever a new person needs to be admitted so far there is not such a thing on my Desktop version: 1.100.5963 (64Bits)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MS Bookings App for Teams (Channel)

MS Bookings seems like a fantastic tool for Internal Enterprises.

Some Cases:
    1) Book a Carwash
    We have an internal cash wash facility that is really great but it's not well used in general but then the poor gentlemen get overloaded with cars as the communication goes out. Internal bookings would work well to manage the time slots and booking.

2) Book Onsite Nurse: As above

3) Book Time with an internal Mentor

4) Book Time with the CEO / CFO / CMO / CDO / CXO

I can think of more. I think you'll think of even better use…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why cant I close the app without going on a treasure hunt on windows??

Just like skype for Business, Teams is nearly impossible to quit on windows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The whole UX needs to be re-thinked. Is so hard to interact with multiple teams.

I'd love to have a solution, but I don't. All I'm saying is that the whole approach to the product makes it so hard to use. I like Skype much better. Even Slack, that I never liked, seems more intuitive and easy to use than this. I have been using teams for a couple of months already so I don't think it's a matter of getting used to it at this point.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No Mobile reception

Cache post when no mobile reception in app.
    Tap to resend is only acceptable for SMS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to create/modify teams with PowerShell for every type of team

You already marked the uservoice https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19584886-add-ability-to-create-modify-teams-with-powershell as completed.

But it isn't realy completed. Because you can only create "normal" teams. Please add the ability to create teams for the following types (as like if you do it manually "Choose a team for...):

Classes, PLCs, Staff Members, Anyone

We would like to automate the team creation for hundreds of classes with that specific type.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. can't upload JPEGS on the teams app.

I need to go to web version to do that. So to share artwork with my team on a running project I have to leave the app and login online to upload. I kinda makes the app a second class tool to the web version and a tad redundant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please make it possible to assign Due dates to Checklist items

Please make it possible to assign Due dates to Checklist items

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base