Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IOS speaker button inverted or different from voice call

The call screen on iPhone app shows a speaker icon. The way it works feels different from iPhone calling screen. Make it the same so users see solid white button when speaker on and in white when off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2

Include option to delete a message posted erroneously from everyone in the team. I mean a RECALL feature

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Thumbs Up to Notification Alert

Please add a thumbs up on the popup. See attachment.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Switch order for sign-off and exit in taskbar context menu

If you click right on the taskbar icon of Microsoft Teams to open the context menu, you do see "exit" above "sign-off" which is quite confusing. All other Microsoft apps have "exit" at the end of the list, which make much more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Forms bot: export results and delete forms

When using inline Forms bot I can answer to the poll. I need to export the results in some cases and there may be a need to delete the form + results. Bot should give control to export and delete results/forms.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can we have some simple tip videos posted on youtube.

Hi Teams is fab! It has so much and I suspect it will carry on growing. To help our users could you create some short tip videos into youtube please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Favorite personal apps for easy access

I would love the option to "favorite" or pin personal apps to the left hand side panel.
    The apps are now hidden behind a (...), while there is a lot of space to populate with your most used apps, like Planner or the personal OneNote.

I've attached a Paint-mockup to illustrate the idea.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide central management for Guests invited in Teams

Current for guests invited in Teams, we can see a Guest contacts will be created in O365 Admin Portal --> Users --> Guest users. However, there is no detailed information showing who invited the Guest, which Teams group this Guest belongs to and there is no easy way to manage these Guests accordingly.

We would like to have central management feature for Guest users created in Teams.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meetings tab in iOS app disappeared

What happened to the meetings tab?! I can't access Teams meetings from the app anymore

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tray icon menu options: Logout and Close should be switched

When I'm finished working with Teams, to close the program, I have to right-click on tray icon and click Close. But EVERYTIME I click logut instead, because it is at the bottom of the menu, and Close is one position above.

Please switch them in places, so that I can close Teams without thinking too much about it. It should behave like EVERY OTHER TRAY APP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create UNC link

The possibility to add UNC links (\xxxxxx***) to chat messages or wiki entries would be desirable.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Creation and Publication of BOTS should be easier and straightforward. It should not require a registration of a credit card.

Creation and Publication of BOTS should be easier and straightforward. It should not require a registration of a credit card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Salesforce Dashboard to Tabs

It would be amazing if we could add in a Salesforce dashboard as a tab

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow attaching files through webhook

I can send images to a webhook using Powershell by encoding the image in Base64, I would like the ability for the webhook to accept files as well.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Document Locking

A very frequent problem in Sharepoint - that has now affected Teams - is the 'file locked' bug. This is a separate issue to 'Check in / Check out' and there is no practical solution. Supposedly, the only way to unlock a file is through Powershell. The Users are unable to rename or move files to a new folder and are forced to wait an arbitrary amount of time (10 mins - 3+ hours) before Sharepoint/Teams also arbitrarily decides to unlock the file of it's own accord. Devs - this needs to be your highest priority. If the simple act…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a visual indicator for channels that I follow

Unless I'm missing something, there is nothing that makes it obvious, at a glance, as to which channels I follow. I have to right-click on the channel to see which menu option is present.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Render Linked Images

This was originally requested here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16935001-render-linked-images?trackingcode=8efbff4c07fbe8cd1fb79956543ce689#{toggleprevious_statuses} and recently marked as completed with comments closed.
    However, when I link an image, an image preview box (sometimes) appears, but fails to render a preview of images URL-linked from a SharePoint library or OneDrive for Business folder on the same tenant as Teams (or anywhere else I try). Instead, it displays a placeholder thumbnail representing the file type or, in some instances, no preview box at all for the same file types.

Since this feature does not appear to work as advertised and it is no longer possible to provide feedback…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow customization of email template in Microsoft Teams for new Team members

Would like the ability to customize the default email template for email message that is generated when adding someone to Team.

Need ability to relay custom message in welcome email.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The status feature behavior is very unstable

My team mates and I try to change our status regularly manually. It does not work 90% of the time.

When we select a status and try to make the change, the status stays the same.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Giphy on Skype

When using Giphy on Skype, you should be able to keep those search results up even though you chose which gif you wanted to send.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base