Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn On/Off Chat feature permission - per User

We have a use scenario where we would like to give a specific user access to Teams/Channels, but do not want to give them access to the Chat feature. There is an option to turn the Chat feature off for the entire Teams tenant, but there is no option for a specific user.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avatars broken in macOS app

User images (icons, avatars) added to O365 administration console or via the user through their outlook.office.com login show up in the web version of Teams, but are not being seen in the macOS application,Teams Version 1.0.00.26952

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Formatting Issue - Edit Documents in Teams

When I try to Edit a Word document within Teams (which is an AWESOME capability, by the way), the formatting gets a bit screwy. I have overlapping elements and images that don't scale properly. When I open the same document directly in the Word desktop app, all formatting is correct once again. Just something to perfect, but heading in the right direction! Great job, Team!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. @channel notification does not work from Microsoft Flow integration

When you type "@channel" into Teams, it replaces your text with an object that represents the channel.

Unfortunately, when using "@channel" through the Microsoft Flow Post Message, it just leaves the text "@channel" and doesn't notify members of the channel.

Slack has a similar feature but leaves your text as text, and triggers off of that. I believe this should work similarly. @channel or other notifications should trigger regardless of source.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clicking a meeting in a channel should allow users to accept/decline

Currently, when a meeting is posted in a channel, there's no way to accept/decline the meeting without going to the separate Meetings tab within Teams. Clicking the meeting within the channel brings up details about the meeting and tells you whether people have responded, but there's no way to actually respond from there.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to remove guest account (under Your accounts) from Microsoft Teams

As a guest, I cannot remove a guest account (under Your accounts) from my Microsoft Teams. I can leave all teams, I'm a guest member of, but I'm stuck with the account.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. The team has plans to add a feature to allow users to self-remove themselves from tenants they are a guest in. We don’t have a timeframe to share at this time, but will provide an update as soon as one is available.

7. Deployment

Microsoft - What is wrong with you!?
    Release a .exe file to the public and let the enterprise figure out how to deploy it?
    Why is there no Windows installer (*.msi)
    Why isn't the Windows app in Microsoft Store?
    Why isn't there a click-to-run.exe files like all other Office applications?
    Why doesn't it follow channel updates like other Office programs (like Monthly or Broad)?

Remove Microsoft Teams from the public and re-do-it correct. This isn't a playground!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why the "Edit, Delete" is not shown available on posts in "teams" but on "chat" we can see all "edit, Delete, mark as unread" ?

Why the "Edit, Delete" is not shown available on posts in "teams" but on "chat" we can see all "edit, Delete, mark as unread" ? some of my colleagues have the said options from the "teams" view pls see attached.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shorter Links !

Just make the links shorter, when pasting a link to another location on the chat.

It's always too poluted, We write down a 1 line comment and the link extension has 6 lines (!)

Thanks

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Warren responded

You can create add a hyperlink to any text, which will allow you to avoid massive links being copied into the chat/channels.
    Expand the compose box by clicking the icon “A” with a pencil just below your compose line. Once in the expanded view you can create a link by clicking the icon that looks like a chain at the top of the compose box.

You can also highlight your text and use this function to change your selected text into a hyperlink. Once the hyperlink dialog opens update the link location and modify your text if you so desire.

-Warren

10. Make it possible to copy an existing plan for a completely new project.

Right now it is only possible to make a mirror of an existing plan, meaning that buckets and tasks will appear in all these mirrors.

So, what we would like is to be able to create a template plan, that can copied into a new tab, and be used again and again for similar projects.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bose Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping during meeting

Almost every meeting I attend on Microsoft Teams forces my Bose wireless headphones to disconnect during the meeting on my 2016 Macbook pro. Not only does it disconnect, but it unmutes my speakers on the Macbook so everyone in the office can hear what's happening in the meeting. It only happens on Teams and is really rather unacceptable. I avoid teams as much as possible as a result.

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a "Recent" tab alongside "Favourites" in the Teams/Channel list

The favourites list of Teams/Channels is manually curated and can get big, quickly. Often, though you are moving between a small number of channels. Having a "Recent" section at the top that dynamically showed the 5 or so most used channels would be really useful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Setting to prevent GIFS from automatically play

Gifs are super distracting when they always autoplay each time you open a conversation.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You need to add version control to the sharepoint files in the team app;need to see files are checked out

Need to have version control seen in the team environment. It exists in SharePoint, but you can't see anything in the team files. I can't see when files are checked out, but in SharePoint I can. What is the point of a team environment if I have to go back and forth to the different applications.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Channel meetup is not showing in my outlook calendar.

It looks like an issue with the app. I am unable to see the channel meetup in my Meetings tab and in my outlook calendar too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

2,891 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

364 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Planner's management of buckets

Need easier and quicker ways to manage the buckets by providing sort the list, manage the buckets via a list (move up/down), move more than one bucket at a time.

in a team with more buckets than the width provides, it is hard to move a group of buckets from the end of the list to the beginning.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. link error handling

If someone in your organization sends you a link to a resource in a channel where you are not a member, you do not receive an error. Instead you are redirected to the General Channel of some other Team where you have membership.

Example
    Bob is a member of teams foo, bar, and baz
    Sally is a member of teams foo and baz
    Bob sends Sally a Teams link to the Marketing tab in the WizBang channel of the bar team
    Sally click the link and is taken to the General channel of the foo Team
    Sally has no idea…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams is the DUMBEST calling app ever on Windows DESKTOP

This NEEDS fixing ASAP.

On the desktop, I hear ringing. I click on Teams. Nothing visible. Nothing in notication area. Finally I click through the users until I see under ONE SPECIFIC USER that there is a call answer option.

This is user design where the goal is to MAKE LIFE SO HARD NOONE WANTS TO USE IT.

Please change teams so when ringing, you can at least see the ringing ANY TIME you click on the app. Even better is if a notification comes up in Windows to just answer the call.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Topic Label for Conversation Threads

Can we add a Label / Topic Name for Conversation Threads within a channel?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base