Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you please let me know how to change profile picture in the Microsoft teams mobile app.

Can you please let me know how to change profile picture in the Microsoft teams mobile app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. saved location of image on Android

When saving images from Android, the images are located in 'My Folder' instead of 'Gallery' which is common location for saved images. Any other chat app saves image in Gallery. So, in terms of UX, users will feel comfortable when the images are saved in Gallery

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Developer Preview Option Removed

The Developer Preview option that used to exist under Version is now gone. Because of bugs in recent releases, I turned off Dev Preview and can't get it back on. I have never noticed any difference with Dev Preview on so maybe there is no value, but I am one of the leaders at my company pushing for adoption of Teams, so I'd like to be closer to the "inner circles" rather than farther away, if possible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team tabbed interface is klunky and out-dated

Tabbed navigation is old fashioned and non-intuitive. Users expect a widget / customizable landing page with tiles for the apps that are now being displayed in tabs. Like a sharepoint site where web-parts can be placed on a single interface. Also there is lot of vertical space wasted by the list of Teams which should be expandable/collapsible

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "email to teams"

We want to get emails ( in outlook of team memebers ) which we are sending to teams email address

Case #30126-6576000

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search all the words in a Team Name when searching for a Team

When I search for a team, I can only search on the first word of the team name. Searching should search all the words in the team name.

If I have a team called Software Deployments and I do a search for Deployments, I won't find the team. I have to search for Software and then it brings up Software Deployments.

Please fix this ASAP.

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search content by partial strings

We are not able to use a partial string when searching.

524 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Initial chat message only showing up in mobile client

Initial chat message never showed up in the Desktop client, only in the mobile client

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scratch Pad Feature

Would be nice to have a scratch pad feature where I can copy links, write notes, create to do lists, etc that are private to me. This would be a quick look up "notes section" that I can reference while collaborating with team members, etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Connectors Directory

Are there any definitive sources of information about what each Connector does, who publishes them, whether there’s a one-way or two-way flow of information expected, and what kind of information that might be? A directory of sorts for connectors, I guess. I assume some level of that information is collected before a connector is listed as an option, but so far my searches for such a thing have come up empty. I’d like to avoid having to research each of these individually if at all possible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversations more concise...

Don't need to have my messages one side and other people the other side. Make it more clean and more concise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically show the General channel in a Team with multiple channels

When you click on a Team with multiple channels the main window will remain in the current Team, and you are forced to click on one of the channels. The suggestion would be that when you click on the Team it would automatically display the General channel.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add PSTN conferencing details to instant "meet now" meetings

We love that PSTN dial-in has been added to scheduled meetings. Sometime we also want to allow people to dial in to an instant meeting that was started with a "meet now" from within a team or chat - can you make the dial-in PSTN option accessible in those meetings too?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Generating initials, icons and names in notifications is wrong

Have following situation - all guest users have display name "[COMPANY] John Doe", first name is "John" and last name is "Doe" (also set in respective fields in AAD) and for that you are creating names in notifications and profile pictures with initials.

Profile picture gets created as "[D" - which suggest you take first letter of first word in display name and first letter of first word in display name. Now while I understand that some organizations don't have the fields first and last name filled out for guests, you should first look if they are filled out and…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add Skype users without Office365

we need to allow guest access for anyone on the Skype network for this to be fully capable true unification

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allowing Search in the Conversations Tab

If I remember an previous conversation but didn't tag it. I'd like to be able to go to the conversations tab and search for it.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Take a Test links work

If I paste a Take a Test link in a conversations post, the link doesn’t work. I made a quiz for my students and want an easy way to distribute the link to them.

If the link is put in a Word doc or in OneNote, the link can’t be opened inside Teams either.

So you need to make Teams accept the lockdown links used in Take a Test.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Minimize / Maximize Tear Away Menu

When I mouse over the Teams application in the TaskBar, it shows the "preview" above it. Most (if not all) applications respond to a right click on the preview by showing a tear away menu with Restore, Move, Size, Minimize & Maximize. Teams does not.

The maximize method is typically how I get applications that are open, but seem to be stuck on my 4K monitor at home that is no longer connected to my laptop to appear on the screens that are currently visible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search OneNote

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base