Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Application Opens With Top Half Off Screen

I have Auto Start Application selected. When starting the computer (with multiple monitors), the application opens halfway off the screen. The title bar is completely out of view.

I currently use WindowsKey + UpArrow to restore it to the screen bounds.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification reminders

Being able to set reminders for messages received, whether it be a group chat or private. As simple as hovering over the message and maybe clicking a drop down box (where other options such as edit, save, or delete message would be) then clicking "set reminder" and then just set a desired time.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Coming from Slack

Coming from Slack, I miss including a URL for a Gif or Image and have that image display within the chat.

Also, it would be awesome to be able to include custom Emojis as well.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. notification appears after you dismissed (and read) the message received

This super annoying.

An alert nagging you about a message you just read a moment ago!!

My guess is that the app waits for about three seconds... if you look at the message and dismiss the window within this time frame, Teams will insist that you have unread messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Threaded conversations

Teams is ok for quick information exhange but it tends to break down into confusing mess when there are more than 10 messages per channel. So the solution would be to have really threaded conversations. This is something that we already had back in 1990's in the newsgroups. So you can clearly see who is answering to what topic and each conversation can have multiple clear branches. Each conversation also would have a subject so that you can easily spot the topic you want to check. Obviously by default the threads would be minimized and you could open them by-topic.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Teams is already threaded! Just make sure to use the “Reply” button instead of the bottom compose bar when responding to someone’s previous post. That will thread the conversation.

6. Hey guys, keep linking box folder links to Team tabs. Issue is we can't access the documents from box from the teams window.

Hey guys, keep linking box folder links to Team tabs. Issue is we can't access the documents from Box from the teams window. Any idea on how we can solve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Your message is too long. Please shorten it before sending"

Who are you to decide how long my messages should be? If I want to post a long stack trace, I should be able to do it.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. template

I am unsure if this already is mentioned...

We are looking into using Teams for handling Task Force /war room meetings.

Idea is to have a team called e.g. Incident Management Task Force, and then a new channel for each new incident. We would like to have some default tabs set up every time, like "Meeting minutes", "System status", "Actions" etc. These tabs should then have already designed notes or excel sheets.

In this way we will be able to start up a TF very fast, and all participants can switch between the tabs and see the info they like,…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook send to groups disappearing documents

When using the Send to Groups function directly from Outlook (which works fantastically) .. the document is saved in the root library which is fine only in Teams you can't see the root library anywhere as the general channel defaults into a general folder :/

Potential for this to be an outlook update where you can also select a folder before sending to group ./.. or allowing the general channel to view the standard 'all Docs' view in the SP library?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show date on uservoice listing of bugs/ideas/feedback.

The MicrosoftTeams.UserVoice.com page lists ideas/bugs/feedback by showing the title, a synopsis, number of votes and a vote button. It is difficult to know when exactly the point was raised and when the last action for a particular listing took place.

Please show the 'thread start date' and 'last action date' for listings. Show a 'Resolved in latest version' for bugs and ideas.

I have attached a sample for your reference.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need support to send Voice query to the team

I felt sending the short voice message to team via MS Teams app will improve effective communication between team members.

No need to typing required, we can have an icon on the app to send voice message, press it and provide your voice query to the team and get the response from the available team member.

voice communication will provide more clarity on your query compare to text messaging.

Voice query can be given through MS Team App or through Paired VOIP phones.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to display all my team members in a list all the time so I can easily tell who is here or available. Slack could do it I hope u can.

I want to display all my team members in a list all the time so I can easily tell who is here or available. Slack could do it I hope u can.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SORT function!

Please add a sort function to the Wiki.

As it is now, this feature is way to primitive!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When clicking on channel focus the cursor on the Start new conversation.

When clicking on a channel such as "General", auto focus the cursor on the text box for "Start a new conversation, use @ to mention someone". Having to do two clicks is horribly inefficient. Would be idea to be able to use the system quickly without having to use the mouse all together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WebEx Integration

Need the ability to schedule or start a meeting using Cisco WebEx

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hyperlink bugs

When sending a hyperlink to an individual through Teams, the link breaks, showing raw HTML. It appears that this is due to the unicode being mistranslated, as the raw HTML code has 〈〉 for its wrapping, rather than <>.

It is worth noting that it does NOT appear broken for the sending party, only the receiving party.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Content Search

I am seeing some trouble finding the Sender/Author/Created by/From field when doing content or eDiscovery searches. I have narrowed it down to perhaps stale log in issues. However even with a fresh log in from all three options Desktop, Web, or Mobile apps I get no From field. Some iOS conversations are never searchable. In my attached picture there is actually 4 instances of this word in this Team/Channel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable the ability to adjust status timing

Users s/b able to adjust the amount of minutes when status goes from Available to Away. We've had a number of issues on our team being unable to accurately determine when a team member is available or not. It also goes to gray (offline) when users are actually online so something needs to be adjusted to fix this so it works more like Skype.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Global Win+F4 keybind for mute/unmute like Skype/Lync

General (any window)
    Use the following keyboard shortcuts no matter which window has the focus.

Press this key or
    keyboard shortcut: Windows logo key+F4
    To do this: Self-mute/unmute audio.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Keyboard-shortcuts-for-Skype-for-Business-74eda765-5631-4fc1-8aad-cc870115347a

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a plan without a group

Creating a new plan in planner should NOT automatically create an entire new group with a sharepoint space, calendar, etc etc. Not every plan needs all these bells and whistles. There should be options to create a new group, add to existing group, or add to existing channel that is the child of a group.

Additionally, there should be a way to see an aggregated view of all planner tasks in subchannels of a parent group. We are using a Team to manage a program of projects with channels for the individual projects. Lack of this capability prevents having a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base