Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add team member - Search in GAL

When searching for new team members, search only for users not hidden in the GAL.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alphabetical sort option for Teams

Please consider including an option for viewing the teams in alphabetical order. Ideally, there should be a "Default" view which sorts all the teams in ascending order (A-Z) and an option to sort the teams based on most recent activity. Of course, this feature should also be pushed to the mobile app as well.

1,558 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

276 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Stay logged in" to Box.

Allow Box to stay logged in when entering credentials. Continuously logging is tedious.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On iPad app, if you use the Files tab to view an image, it opens an integrated image viewer. Once that opens, there is no way to get out.

If you're going to use a view function, there needs to be a way to return to the Files tab.
    Only way out is to close Teams and restart the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate with Mural

In this environment digital sharable brainstorm whiteboards are needed. Mural is already implemented on Microsoft Hub, so .....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. horizontal scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not work in the teams client application.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding files to wiki articles

Typically there are not only text instructions associated with a wiki-entry but also a related document. I would like to be able to link to documents right inside the article.

Right now the only way is to attach/link a file to a conversation about an entry. It is easy to miss this file as a user. Having to use a hyperlink as Name of the document is rather inconvenient and inconsistent with the user experience

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add new team member "Roles"

It would be great if there could be additional "Roles" set within channels and the ability to tag those roles in a message. (For example: Manager, Supervisor, etc) So, if I wanted to message all managers I could simply type @Manager to flag them in my message.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print all conversations in a channel

We need a way to save or print or archive channels to access later but move it out of the working field of view. Moving it to "More" isn't acceptable because the team is still relevant.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy link to task does not work in the desktop app.

The link I copy within the Teams desktop app does not work to link back to that Task later. If I copy the link from the Task in the web app, it will open that Task in the web app, but still fails in the desktop app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Scheduled Meeting preview card not updated when meeting is edited

Conversation thread shows incorrect time on edited meeting card.

To reproduce:
    1) "Schedule a meeting" in the Teams conversation tab
    2) Click "...", then "View meeting details"
    3) Change the time, date, title, etc. for the meeting
    4) Click "Update"

*Changes appear to be saved when viewing meeting details, but the meeting preview card in the conversation view still displays the original meeting data.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications on taskbar like Wunderlist

Notification functionality to mirror outlook or Wunderlist. With outlook, new messages popup in the notification bar in Win 10 and a closed envelope appears in the open application in the taskbar. With Wunderlist the number of tasks due today is in a circle on the taskbar even when the app is closed. In a work environment we need to have better notification capacity. Outlook is a perfect example of how it can be done right, and Wunderlist improves on the taskbar notifications. It further helps to have options under notifications to control how taskbar notifications work so that people can…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add multi-members in same line

When adding member in a Teams, the field should permit to add many people at the same time (separated by semicolon). This way would allow to copy list of people from Outlook for example.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Respect open -g to launch in background on macOS

The macOS native client ignores the -g parameter in open -g and always launches the app into the foreground, stealing focus. That is, open -g /Applications/Microsoft\ Teams.app should open Teams in the background, and doesn't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search for files broken: "Problems loading the results"

We've been having the issue in Teams that everyone except global administrators get this error message when searching for files.

It stands to reason that this is a problem with permissions on these files- yet, I didn't change anything in the permission within the groups.

Question: Do you know a solution? Is there anyone I can talk to this about- and possibly help to fix the issue?