Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. embed GIF into wiki tab

Teams allows you to embed a .gif into the wiki but the gif becomes a static image after you leave the tab. Gif support seems to be in most places throughout Teams.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hootsuite Connector

Regarding the Hootsuite Connector to Microsoft Teams.

On the day I am writing this there are constructively numerous bugs with this connector, two of which make the connector useless.

1- You can only create 1 social media connection per Team. For example, we can only connect 1 of the 4 Twitter feeds available (Home, Mentions, Inbox, My Tweets), and once we created a connection, we cannot add any other, as much from the same social network as from any other (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).

2- Once you delete a Hootsuite connection from a Team, although it is completely deleted, it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why does Teams crash so often?

Teams crashes on me a few times a week. Why is it so unstable? This is really unacceptable for a global product sold by such an established firm.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat Text Size

Dynamic text adjustment via CTRL [Mouse Scroll Wheel Up/Down] or CTRL [+/-]. Another request /resolution addresses Text Accessibility mode via CTRL [+/-] but have not found that functionality on my Win7 install as of this posting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto create List of files in a teamsite, filename, author, date, link to location. Post list in "General" channel

Auto create List of files in a teamsite. List by filename, file type, author, update date, link to location. Post list in "General" channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams window disappears

My Teams window disappears several times a day. The application is still running, but the window is gone and the only way to get it back is to quit and restart the application.

OSX El Capitan (10.11.6)
    Macbook Pro (Retina 15 inch Mid 2015)
    16GB RAM
    External 4K monitor in portrait mode (HDMI connection, both screens active)
    *Multiple workspaces/desktops. It seems to disappear when I switch desktops. I don't see it actually disappear, just when I try to get back to teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. whobot

Please make whobot usable for skills searches by looking at other data sources besides chats in Teams. e.g. - have whobot go to Delve to find "who knows about" answers. Otherwise... "who knows about" should be renamed to "who has mentioned".

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: "Copy Join Info" button copies a useless text string instead of the meeting link.

In the Teams desktop application for both OSX and Windows, hitting the "Copy Join Info" button during a meeting copies the string:

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Learn more about Teams

Apparently it is trying to copy the rich text body of the meeting notes, which defaults to a hyperlink with the same text. Instead, it should provide a link to the actual meeting that an outside user can click to join in. Please fix the button.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

16,178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1684 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. We are in the process of testing the downloading of the attendance report after the meeting has concluded. For status updates, please view the roadmap item here, https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams&searchterms=66459.

Download of the meeting attendance list during a meeting is released for general availability. Please note this feature is turned off by default, and needs to be enabled via admin policy. To learn more, please visit our support page at https://support.office.com/article/download-attendance-reports-in-teams-ae7cf170-530c-47d3-84c1-3aedac74d310.

15. @mention a Team which i am not a member of!

As a user i want to be able to @mention a team where i am not a member of. So for example i want to open a chat window @mentionteamx and message them. As i am not a member i can only receive a message from the team back on my thread. This makes it possible to ask a quick question to a team without joining

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chance User picture as guest

As a guest, i cant Chance my Profile picture

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cross team channels

It would be good to have the option of creating channels that span multiple teams. This is great of matrix type organisations where you may have portfolio type teams (Marketing, IT, HR etc), but have cross team functions like Project Management. In that case we would be able to create a channel that is visible within all selected teams and members therein, while preserving other channels to be private within individual teams.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. mention

When I edit and add @mention to message posted in teams conversation without @mention
    ,it have not been notified to mentioned member.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to be able to clear history of individual chats in Teams

I would like to be able to clear history of individual chats in Teams

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notifications on Teams App

Notifications can be rather unreliable - I have to open the app and scroll through my list of teams looking for channels in bold. They don’t seem to come through unless a person @‘s me in the team or replies to a current post.
    It would be useful to create multiple notification levels including an option to be notified of ANY activity.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base