Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ergonomie de techos

On peut trop facilement se tromper de groupe, présentation trop linéaire

On croirait un logiciel de traitement de texte, même Outlook est plus convivial

Vous avez repérés que votre concurrent c’est whatsapp ????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove license, why they are still on Teams list

I am the admin one of the user, Rencar, left the company, so I remove his office 365 license.
    However, this user won't be delete on Microsoft Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic mark as read not working on Android

You always need to go to a channel twice for it not to show on bold in Android app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. default theme too white; dark theme too dark

default theme too white; dark theme too dark
    both are tough on the eyes.
    Please add contrasting shades of grey!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow changingtab size in powershell + powershell ISE

allow changingtab size in powershell + powershell ISE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit text files directly on teams

Great i cand edito word, excel and powerpoint files but icredibly i have to go to sharepoint text editor to edit text files, I think is a basic feature to be able to edit text files directly on teams.
    Thanks in advance

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Salesforce App: Editable connection, conversation continuity and deletion ability.

For the Salesforce connector, we use it to add trouble tickets. If I add a connection into a conversation, I cannot edit what fields were to be tracked and reported upon. Then, I tried adding another connector to the same ticket, but then could not delete the original ticket. When the ticket is updated, there will be TWO updates added to the conversation.

Considering, please:
    1. Allow us to delete a connection;
    2. Allow us to edit a connection (change tracked fields);
    3. Updates are added to the thread within the conversation rather than as new conversations - adds tremendous…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: The new Planner tab features Charts Schedule are unreadable with Dark Theme.

Switch Teams to Dark Theme under Settings, switch to a Planner tab: the options at the top don't adapt to the dark setting and are unreadable unless you hover over them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Salesforce: Add App to Sidebar

Currently, to use the Salesforce App, you have to select the ellipsis button and then search for Salesforce. It would be much more efficient to be able to drag Salesforce and drop it onto the sidebar.

This really applied to all apps, not just Salesforce.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

612 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It doesn't ping me any notifications. UI is super complicated. Don't try to integrate all products available under earth. Start simple like

It doesn't ping me any notifications. UI is super complicated. Don't try to integrate all products available under earth. Start simple like

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the hover and selected state treatment

In the DMs, I always get the current selected chat window/person and the hovered one confused. Why is the hover state more prominent than the the currently selected chat? I've panicked multiple times thinking that I messaged the person that my mouse is hovered over, only to find that I was talking to the right person, but the currently selected person visual treatment is too weak to stand out against the very prominent hover state treatment. Please reverse or figure out a different visual treatment!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default local conference call number

Wen I set up a Skype/teams conf call it shows a US +1 local number. Can you let me personalize the default numbers (Europeans) in order to avoid people to click on "Find a local number" site?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add external users using mobile app

I was trying to add an external contact using the skype mobile app and notice this feature does not exist. In the teams mobile app add this capability so it's better than Skype!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow user to block specific contacts while being able to stay Online for others.

Some users may need to be available for quick chat contact through Teams to other members of the team, but other users in the organization may take advantage of their online presence to bypass regular communication channels. Specifically, helpdesk support person needs a service ticket submitted before assisting someone, but must be available in Teams for consultation with other IT staff.

1,973 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

411 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

4,372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

486 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give the options to show document properties (file size)

When looking at a list of files, the metadata should be shown. I gotta say it, I totally dislike Teams as it is. It is extremely confusing and really not efficient to help me get the job done. It seems useless and just this morning when I finally got the file uploaded at the right place, I noticed that a similar file was already present. But the names were different. So I wanted to compare both files on their size. But the current interface only shows me fields that I don`t need: Type, Name, Modified date and Modified By.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. link to chat with a specific user

It would be great to have an ability send to e.g Mark the link to Chat with e.g. Angela - When Mark will click on it then chat with Angela will appear

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ring tone but no notification in Windows

Recently, when there is an incoming call in Teams, I can hear the ring tone but I don't see any notification from Teams where I may click to accept or reject the call. This was not a problem a few weeks ago. PS: I use Teams on a Windows 10 laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base