Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide integration with statuspage.io

We would love to see integration of Microsoft Teams with statuspage.io

Stuff we would like is outage alerts, querying the uptime and much more.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select my own startup layout

I predominately use the teams tab and therefore would like MS Teams to start with that page instead of activety page
    My suggestion is to make an option so everyone can select his or her own startup page

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hroizontal scrolling on uploaded PDF

You can zoom and scroll up and down on a uploaded PDF when you add as a project tab, but you don't seem to be able to scroll horizontally.

To view large diagrams/documents easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be nice to be able to have all my teams "spaces" exposed rather than having it be only a single team's areas details

In the Team "tab", you can see a list of all teams you are in. However, one can only open a single team at a time. That is if I have three teams and a number of "topics" under each team, I can only see the "topics" of one team at a time. I would like to be able to EXPAND ALL so I can see all the topics of all my teams. This way I can visually see any topics with unread messages instead of having to individually expand each team one at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Print Options

We have been using Teams for a few months and our number one complaint is there is no way to save printing options. We would like a way to set a default paper size, orientation, and scaling. Is this something that can be done?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Configuring a group channel (tabs) - mobile

Need ability to create/manage tabs within channels on mobile devices.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Guest access for some domains requires tenantId with login request

For some custom domains, guest users are not able to connect to the Teams we share with them unless the tenantId is passed to the login request. This issue is documented on the Microsoft tech community forum here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Guest-Cannot-Access-Teams-unless-tenantId-is-povided-with-login/m-p/117856.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can’t add guests to Teams unless they’re already in the AAD tenant

I'm having an issue that doesn't seem to match up with the expected admin experience. Essentially, I can't add a guest that is not in the AAD tenant through Teams desktop/web apps. I get the "We didn't find any matches" error.

If the guest is in the AAD (by being in an Office 365 group, at least), then I can add the guest to the Team via the apps.

For AAD, I can add guests and for Office 365 Groups, I have "Let group members outside the organization access group content" enabled. I logged this issue on the tech community…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneDrive in Teams

Добрый день, коллеги.
    Хотелось бы в Teams иметь доступ к OneDrive - к отдельным папкам или целиком.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Managing member editing rights

Looking into the idea to be able to pick and choose who can edit a particular document.

For example having a powerpoint live document on teams - which only 2 members have the rights to edit and add too but all memebrs can see the live updates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't edit link URLs under Teams Wiki

Link URLs added to a Teams Wiki section can not be edited. If i type or paste a URL into a Teams > Wiki section, the link displays and works fine, but if I need to change the URL, I can't. I can change the display text, but not the underlying URL.

In other words, if I add the following:
    Type: https://someurl.com
    Click outside the section UI to save it.
    Change: https://someurl.com to http://someurl.com
    Click outside the section UI to save it.
    Now if I click on the link it still goes to https://someurl.com
    even though it reads http://someurl.com.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Banner Notification for Likes can be spammed

With the default "Banner" setting on receiving "Like" notifications, it is possible for someone to rapidly "Like" and "Unlike" a message, causing a virtually endless stream of notifications. While this can be disabled by changing the settings per user, making the default "Feed Only" or disabling multiple "Like" notifications from the same person on the same message would prevent this from happening without the extra step.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I suppose I won't be unique if say that Teams are UNBEARABLE sloooooow...

@Microsoft, guys, what's wrong with you?! How could you create such a piece of ...? You have got so many really good products in the past and now - this! Why switching between chats takes 2 seconds? My IRC client from 1995 worked faster than this! Why i can't disable camera and it switches on automatically when I answer the call? I feel myself like a Snowden and have to cover my camera with a sticker to avoid accidental video call! Do you think that's funny? No, it is NOT. And finally, Why this JUST CHAT CLIENT takes over 500Mb…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Planner "Schedule" view weekends

Please style the weekends with a different color or allow a "work week" view. I am forever scheduling tasks to end on Saturday or start on Sunday and then having to go back and fix my work

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When i call someone, I can't hang up the call. Maybe i called the wrong person or I changed my mind.

I want to be able to hang up on someone if they haven't answered yet. Sometimes I call the wrong contact or I realize they're not available but I can't disconnect that call without disconnecting my entire call.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. High Contrast

For vision impaired uses that use custom High Contrast Theming, the Teams apps does not correctly map to the colors. For example, left list uses the Disabled vs Selected colors. Microsoft should be fully committed to one standard for Theming; especially for High Contrast Theme. It is critical for the vision impaired.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warren responded

I apologize for being fairly ignorant on this topic. The color scheme setting can be found by clicking your portrait icon within Teams at the upper right. Under the General Settings you can select, Default color theme, Dark, or High Contrast. This follows the Windows OS high contrast theme and my understanding is also following the global standards.

If you are having issues could you let me know what exactly is happening or specifics you feel need to change? If you could tell me both and maybe even email me screen shots to TeamsML@microsoft.com I can work to see what I can do for you. Please list the subject in the email as “High Contrast”.

Thanks!
    -Warren

18. iOS Sharing a URL

Love being able to share URLs, etc. from iOS. However, it would be nice if sharing a URL from iOS would create a "web preview" like it does when you share a URL from the desktop app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Picture Bug

It would appear that randomly Team Pictures get reset to default every now and then. This is not always the case and affects certain teams only but when I upload a picture as the Team Picture it appears for a while then sets back to default.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base