Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to use

Looks like you really don't want feedback. Made the feedback form so hard to submit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs an "all logged-in users" view

Without an "all logged-in users" view, you don't know who is logged in in your company. Not everyone works 100% within their little team compartment; in reality, most people are cross-functional. It becomes a difficult juggling act to go between all your teams to see who's available.

Just add the good old standard "buddy list" idea from legacy applications; hide it behind an icon if you need to, but this loss of functionality is an unnecessary and artificial handicap in helping users adjust to this priduct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More option for columns in files

Please give the option to show more columns in files.
    Actually you only have the columns "Type, Name, Date, Name, Size".

Same as you can do in SharePoint.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Missed Message Red led in the task bar gets mistaken to be the busy status mode

make a missed message blink or alternate colors.. Red is always mistaken as BUSY mode...

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tab colors, activity vs chats

When you have active chat vs hover chat, the hover color is dark and active chat is light. I’ve sent messages to wrong chat all the time if cursor lands on wrong chat. Also, you can’t tell easily under Activities area if a person is sending you a chat or is posting to a channel. Often replied to a channel thinking it’s only to single person, making me hesitate to use Activities area.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New status "In Meeting"

Teams is used by many organisation. A new status "In Meeting" will be very beneficial, if someone is going to attend the meeting.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transparent UI

Add transparent UI option...as the same available in hangout app for windows. A great feature to use.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Status

As soon as I start Teams I put my status to not available. Please make it possible to define that as my default status so that I don't need to put it to not available every day and every time I re-start the system. Thanks in advance.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The fact that we are not able to work together in Skype for Business AND Teams is ****. In our company this is a really big problem

It would be a good Idea to speed up the work with making Teams and Skype for Business "work together" ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chrome freezes when viewing video. Unfreezes when the app Microsoft Teams is quit.

In certain situations, ex. Viewing a page with a video element in chrome (such as Youtube).

Chrome (version 66.0.3359.117) will freeze if the Microsoft Teams app is running.
    If the app Microsoft Teams is quit, then Chrome will continue to function as normal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate Delve Profiles in Teams

Make Delve Profiles (own Profile and that of others) available in Teams and include profile content in Teams-Search.

Delve Profiles are good fo showing skills and projects of our employees.

But the Profiles and there information are not accessible in Teams which breaks our usecase.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ergonomie de techos

On peut trop facilement se tromper de groupe, présentation trop linéaire

On croirait un logiciel de traitement de texte, même Outlook est plus convivial

Vous avez repérés que votre concurrent c’est whatsapp ????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. remove license, why they are still on Teams list

I am the admin one of the user, Rencar, left the company, so I remove his office 365 license.
    However, this user won't be delete on Microsoft Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic mark as read not working on Android

You always need to go to a channel twice for it not to show on bold in Android app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. default theme too white; dark theme too dark

default theme too white; dark theme too dark
    both are tough on the eyes.
    Please add contrasting shades of grey!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow changingtab size in powershell + powershell ISE

allow changingtab size in powershell + powershell ISE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit text files directly on teams

Great i cand edito word, excel and powerpoint files but icredibly i have to go to sharepoint text editor to edit text files, I think is a basic feature to be able to edit text files directly on teams.
    Thanks in advance

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. As a user I would like to have a way to visually indicate that I have something to add to the conversation.

One of the difficult things about teleconferencing is that everyone is trying to jump in on each-other every-time the person talking takes a breath. This is because there is no visual ques that indicate that a person has something to contribute.

I think it would be a small but significant improvement to have a "raise your hand" like option where I can click on my own avatar and it will highlight my square in a color (like green) indicating to the current person talking that I have a followup question or idea

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Salesforce App: Editable connection, conversation continuity and deletion ability.

For the Salesforce connector, we use it to add trouble tickets. If I add a connection into a conversation, I cannot edit what fields were to be tracked and reported upon. Then, I tried adding another connector to the same ticket, but then could not delete the original ticket. When the ticket is updated, there will be TWO updates added to the conversation.

Considering, please:
    1. Allow us to delete a connection;
    2. Allow us to edit a connection (change tracked fields);
    3. Updates are added to the thread within the conversation rather than as new conversations - adds tremendous…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: The new Planner tab features Charts Schedule are unreadable with Dark Theme.

Switch Teams to Dark Theme under Settings, switch to a Planner tab: the options at the top don't adapt to the dark setting and are unreadable unless you hover over them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base