Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

118 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

2. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

3. Ability to add links to files/attachments to calendar items

Could there be an option to have a button to add a link or to attach a file to a calendar meeting? Yes you can manually add a link to the body but a simple button option would be great if the file is stored in Files, OneDrive or SharePoint.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Web hook theme color

I can't get the themeColor element to work from a web hook.

On https://dev.outlook.com/Connectors/GetStarted it shows examples like: "themeColor": "EA4300" but on https://dev.outlook.com/Connectors/reference it says to specify colors with a # prefix. None of those seem to work. No accent color is shown in either the Windows desktop program or the Android app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pasting pictures in a chat

Pasting pictures in a chat from the web. Please add this feature.

Also forwarding a photo from one chat to another.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Just copy the photo with Ctrl+C and paste it into the Teams message compose box with Ctrl+V.

6. Integration for Visio

It would be nice if we can add Visio document also as a new tab.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

3,738 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

537 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

8. Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

9,849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are now preparing for the roll out of Tasks in Teams which will integrate additional features integrating To-Do and Planner. This includes additional list views that also extend to tabs in teams. Further announcements about additional integration in our overall Tasks coherence effort will follow.

You can follow the rollout via our Roadmap item: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=57213. To see a preview of the experience, please visit https://youtu.be/rTATVGroEsQ.

9. Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tasks

I'd like to be able to view all my tasks easily - those from Planner (just my tasks from all channel / teams) and maybe from out look as well? It seems like a tasks section is a must

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow on premise bots

By allowing bots which are hosted "on premise" (behind a company firewall), one allow to access systems from that company.
    This is the situation for many companies where the infrastructure or services which need to be reachable by bots is not on the public internet.

Some scenarios:
    - A bot is running behind a company firewall
    - The bot connects to MS teams, joins a channel, and "listens" to conversations (outbound connection to the internet)

This enables interactions like:
    - @bot, list defects (from an in-house issue tracker)
    - @bot, add capacity to applicationx (after an authorization phase, on-prem application…

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to provision existing Office 365 groups to Teams through Admin center or PowerShell.

When trying to create a team, an Owner of a 365 Group can be prompted to add Teams to that Group, but only once. After adding the first group they own, they are not prompted again. There is also no way to manually provision this service to existing Groups in the Admin center.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I expect lots of hi-fives via Twitter for fighting for this one. Coming soon, folks.

Suphatra

13. Delve integration into Teams

Maybe I am one of the few, but I like Delve for search...
    So I am missing Delve in Teams :-(

Either in the list that get exsposed when you hit "Files" to the left, would kind of make sence
    recent/teams/OneDrive/downloads/Delve
    :-)

But Delve is more then file search, you would like to use Delve to search/browse people as well. So it might be better to make a left-side tab for Delve.

Yes, I know you could search for people in the chat tab, but not very Delve-like experience :-)

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Able to See When a Team Member is Typing

In Spark, it was super-useful, especially in a work environment, to be able to see which team member was currently typing a message, so the entire Team wasn't typing/submitting messages all over each other. This is very useful especially when questions were asked - instead of 5 people responding at the same time, we could see who started typing and let them submit before adding to the conversation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

You can see this right above your text field when someone is typing. It will say “[Person’s name] is typing…”

15. Custom connectors

to integrate our systems & it data along with our Team in an effective way. May be there is some way and it is not very obvious.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

We have this — just click the ellipses next to the channel name when you are in the channel, and it will have a fly out that says “Connectors.”

16. More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
    I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
    * In a meeting
    * In a conference call
    * In a call
    * Presenting
    * Be right back
    * Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most…

4,289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

285 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still queued within our backlog. No new details yet.
    -Warren

17. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

18. Include an optional Project Timeline(s) for Channels

Include a project timeline for channels, that includes milestones, tasks subtasks - the whole nine. Whoever is admin/assigned project manager should be able to assign tasks etc with reminders that sync to calendars (outlook etc) so that those people get automatic pop-ups and reminders about items coming due - and everyone can see the progress/assignees. When completed files/pieces of the project are complete, the upload button should include an option to choose a task from the timeline to check as complete, and the timeline updates - who completed, date, and the file. Milestones will update as "reached" or complete when…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Channels visibility

See all channels inside a teams in the left panel under the Team's Name

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Currently we have Teams defaulted to show you the first (up to five) channels ever created. If you want to add more channels to your left rail view, just click the ellipses next to the channel name and select “Favorite”. When you favorite the channel, it will then be “pinned” to your left rail under that team name.

Try that and let me know if that meets your needs!

Suphatra

20. Show URL previews for messages from Connectors

When I post a URL as a user, Teams automatically expands the message to include a URL preview. When a webhook posts the same thing, the URL remains plain text.

The webhook should be able to opt in to the same "unfurling" treatment that the user's message received.

Screenshots: https://stackoverflow.com/q/40415045

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base