Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow sharing a URL to a specific thread/message

It would be really useful to be able to get a URL or share a URL which points to a specific message or a thread in a channel. For example, I wanted to point my colleagues to a specific thread which was discussed two days ago and the only way I found possible doing it today is to tag them in that conversation.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just click your profile photo and select your status in the fly out.

3. Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can integrate Microsoft Planner or Trello as a tab in any channel in Teams. Just click the little + sign in your channel’s tabs section, and choose Planner or Trello from the pop-up window.

4. HUBOT support

I would like support for hubot: https://hubot.github.com

This could make the switch from Slack or FLowdock a lot easier.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When teams logs out it should give a different message

When you get logged out in the mac client it says:

"You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows."

1. I did not sign out it autosigned out on it's own. The wording implies some action I did signed me out rather than an auto timeout.

2. I am using the mac client not a browser. Perhaps behind the scenes it is just a browser, but this terminology is confusing.

3. It saying "it is a good idea to close all browser windows" implies both that I need to close browser windows (not true with the…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks Ben for this information and your insight. Its really helpful. I have sent this to the design team so its under review.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

6. Show team members.

I have no way to know who else is in the team.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just click the ellipses next to the team name and choose “View team”. It will then show you a list view of everyone that is in the team.

7. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

2,318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

8. Upgrade Windows notifications experience

When my Teams application is minimized and I get a message, a notificaiton pops up on my screen. However, if I DON'T click on it and go to the app directly and view the message that created the notification, the popup on the screen does not disappear. Make it so the notification clears, please.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't collapse unread messages

Messages that are longer than 6 lines only show the first 6 lines followed by a "See more" link. This helps with vertical space, but it's inappropriate for messages that I haven't read yet. When the messages are unread (i.e. below the "new messages" text) they should be fully expanded and the link should read "See less".

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Animated GIFs in conversation

I keep reading that you've integrated it but I don't see it. Please allow for GIFs to actually animate.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  3 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)

Allow for call recording in calls (which could then be saved in whichever channel works)
    As well as allow for calls in moile app

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "What's Changed" overlay (Coachmarks)

You should have a "what's changed" overlay everytime it updates, or at least a pinned topic on this page with a summary of the changelogs.
    Given that it is a new product, some updates might include the missing feature that a team is waiting to switch over to Teams and it would be good to be able to discover this.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m super excited about this one! This should help the daily user experience tremendously. Looking forward to bringing this to you.

13. Users need a Support- Channel in Preview Phase.

Users need a channel for Support and where they can send - Bugs, that found in Preview

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Thank you for the feedback, currently we are collecting bugs and feedback here.

14. Folders inside of channels' file section

Folders inside of the Files section of a channel would be handy

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just click on “Files” tab from inside the channel, and then click the “New” button. A drop down will appear — select “Folder”.

15. Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
    thanks

2,290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video…

56,657 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6507 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m excited to announce that the new Large Gallery view, allowing users to see up to 49 participant in a meeting, has started rolling out! Large Gallery will release as an optional (preview) feature that can be turned on at any time during a meeting, and will be available in desktop Teams client on both Windows & Mac. We are pushing the updates via a cloud update. The minimum desktop build needed is 19173 or later. If you have this build you will see the new feature once the cloud update is pushed to you, over the coming weeks.

You can read more about Large gallery view, Together mode, as well as other new meetings experiences here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/new-meeting-and-calling-experience-in-microsoft-teams/ba-p/1537581.

For more details, check out the Roadmap item: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=65333.

Thanks,
    Alex & the Teams team

17. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,824 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  144 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better support for hi-dpi and docking

I have a Surface Book that gets docked and undocked regularly. The external monitor is not a high-res display, and consequently, the size and layout of the desktop app gets pretty weird after docking. Essentially, the app can't be used unless the window is made super wide.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Global Admins add themselves to teams

I'd like to have the ability to add myself to teams as a method of ensuring adherance to company policy.

Right now, I am one of 3 global admins and we've had the problem before when using Slack of people making channels and productivity disappearing. We'd like to be able to monitor these teams when necessary, and requested by our Security Officer.

I've attempted adding myself as a member, and owner, of the associated Office 365 Group but I am unable to get the Team to appear in my Team Client

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base