Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move or turn-off selfview in a Teams Meetings

The self view is always static in the bottom right-hand corner of a Teams meeting. This is often distracting and can also get in the way of the screenshare.

-Add option to toggle off/on self-view
    -Add option to move self-view to other locations on the screen

4,660 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

728 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

793 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  42 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

1,249 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

2,611 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

267 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Corrector Ortográfico en Español de México no funciona correctamente.

Mejorar el corrector ortográfico para Español de México

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add file searching for Guest Users

Guest users are unable to search files in Teams. They get the "Messages" and "People" however "Files" is not present. They are able to search SharePoint no issues, just not teams.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores LOTS of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

561 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Setting Wiped in App and Browser

Currently there is an issue with Teams (in a web browser or in the Teams desktop app) that is causing the settings for Teams to be wiped upon log out or restart of the user’s computer. This appears to happen to any owner of a team as well as the global admin for the organization.
    I have attached a screenshot that shows the settings that are getting wiped out by doing the actions above.

This is a huge issue as it is time consuming to put the settings back and also a hassle to the users that may or may…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "all monitors" desktop sharing option like Skype client

"All monitors" desktop sharing option missing from Teams

Desktop sharing in Teams includes sharing 1 monitor OR sharing 1 app... in Skype for business client there is also sharing "All Monitors". When used, a presenter with two monitors will present a view showing both monitors in one window. The viewer can see both of the presenters screens in the one window. They can view this on one monitor or stretch this window across two monitors to make it much bigger and easier to see.

3,035 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

346 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  24 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

1,706 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  228 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

439 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Power BI Dashboard - Tab

I want to add Power BI Dashboard as Tab.
    for share Power BI Dashboard with members.

Currently, Power BI Reports can add as Tab in Microsoft Teams.
    Power BI Dashboard website can add as Tab
    But, Power BI Dashboard can NOT.

So, I want to add Power BI Dashboard to Microsoft Teams as Tab.
    and want to support mobile Microsoft Teams.

472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Public Channels

Public channels will provide an outbound communication window for a team to engage with everyone in their organization.  These channels are accessible to everyone within the org, without the need to join.

For instance, we may have a team that is private and deals with network issues. They may want a public channel where they can provide updates to existing issues or answer questions users may have. Otherwise, you may end up with two teams in this instance: a private network team and a public network team.

575 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

8,125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

874 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Copy link" (aka permalink) doesn't work properly (bug)

I'm using Teams on a Mac.

Today I opened up Teams and was delighted to discover that there is now a "Copy link" option under the three-dot menu on each message. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Upon using it I would have expected to get a URL in my clipboard (pretty safe assumption for a menu item labelled "Copy link") but that's not what happened. Instead, this is what ended up in my clipboard:

Firstname lastname: Request you to add some links or documents regarding …
    posted in Technology Communities/Tech Renewal General Ideas and Questions at 23 Mar 2018 04:44

I…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  33 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2,865 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

687 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

507 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shared Channels across organizations

Shared channels across organizations will allow people in an organization other than yours to collaborate on a shared project or v-team.

711 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  24 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

3,652 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base