Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

This should be working via the web client.

Can users confirm if you are still having this issue? Please let me know in the comments below.

-Warren

2. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

1,354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

293 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, we are collecting feedback on this so we can determine prioritization and user need.

Please comment in the thread below about how this affects you, how you currently add members, and who you think would benefit from this in your organization.

Thank you!

3. Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. Onedrive for Business integration for mobile apps.

Don't know why this isn't available by now. Would it be possible to have OneDrive for Business integrated with mobile apps?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Would someone be able to provide feedback in the comments as to what is the expectation of this integration? What functionality is being asked for?

Any details to better understand the request is appreciated.

-Warren

5. Half of my screen goes missing

sometimes it scrolls down and I get a gigantic footer that takes half of my screen. The upper half still shows the content but when i scroll only the upper part scrolls the content. I have to ctrl +R to fix the problem temporary.

I can share a screenshot if that helps...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing when you scroll? Also would appreciate if you could call out is it happening on Web or Desktop?

Thanks!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior PM, Microsoft Teams

6. Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

7. Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

8. Allow the central administration of Teams

Currently an Admin cannot use the Admin app to centrally administer Groups, Planners and Teams. This creates a number of risks for an organisation: 1) unable to manage ownership; 2) unable to manage storage; 3) unable to manage information life cycles. Just to name a few. From a security and compliance point of view a central admin function is highly recommended.

440 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone — Suphatra’s back! And I’m on the case with this item.

I talked to engineering and I think they don’t understand this request. The requests says “Admin App” — do you mean Admin Center? The O365 portal?

Also, what exactly do you envision for central administration — for example — what can you do now, can’t do, and would like to do with this new feature.

Your feedback will help me get the team to put more resources into this. Thank you!

Suphatra

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base