Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. At the moment, it is not possible to call Teams internal contacts via mobile app if the phone is not connected to WIFI

At the moment, it is not possible to call Teams internal contacts via mobile app if the phone is not connected to WIFI.
    The only way to call a contact via mobile phone connected to celular is to set up a meeting and join the meeting. This is not convenient.

As in skype, we should be able to make internal calls to Teams contact via cellular and not only wifi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Flow to trigger when two tasks are complete.

I have two buckets, each with identical task names and each assigned to a different team member. I need a third task to be created ONLY when both tasks are marked complete.

This requires that the bucket names be checked and the task names that are complete be equal to each other. This allows two parallel tasks to flow into a single work stream.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn off secondary ringer for outgoing calls

When placing an outgoing call my secondary ringer alerts. That is the equivalent of placing a call from an analog wall phone and it giving ringback on the earpiece and the external bell. I like the external ringer for incoming calls but really hate it for outgoing calls so I end up turning it off altogether.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bluetooth and Android Auto

Teams works fine with my car Bluetooth but when I plug in Android auto it disconnects. With Android auto connected I can only use my device speakerphone and not my car's audio. I would also like the ability to mute using Android auto

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include <Ctrl>+<E> on /keys list

From the /keys list, people can see what keyboard shortcuts are available via the Search/command bar at the top.

They can't, however, see the shortcut for accessing the Search/command bar with just the keyboard - that shortcut is <Ctrl>+<E>.

It'd be nice to include this, then people who type /keys could see that they can get back to /keys using only the keyboard any time they want!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Identification of portable media like iPhone or Android phone

Just wanted to advise feature like if someone using/replying over MS Team from iPhone or Android there should be a indication like sent from iPhone/Android phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. channel calling

Allow people to be assigned to each channel so that when "meet now" is clicked, the meeting notification only goes to those in that channel and not the whole Team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Should have an option to see who has seen our messages

There should be an option to see as who has seen our messages, will be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Order of arrangement of tasks

The feature to be able to arrange tasks based on a number or letter or a particular set order (in accordance with how a user wants the task to be done). Arranging/reordering tasks is very inconvenient and not efficient enough

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assign roles to the members in the channels

It would be helpful to assign roles to the people in the channels, e.g. product owner, observer, ect.(differentiate between acitve and passive user per team or channel). This would avoid everyone in each team getting a notification when something is posted there. Instead, only those people who are owners and actively work on the topic will receive a notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If a file is edited in Teams, I need to see what was changed, not just who changed it.

When a file is edited in Teams, the only change everyone sees is who edited it. There is no way to see what was changed in the file. Somehow MS needs to find a way to make sure this is labeled in the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a regular catchup for a team within a channel for ALL team members.

Currently I don't appear to be able to invite a TEAM to a meeting, I have to specify recipients. I want to schedule a regular team meeting, for those members of the team to join as / when they can.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. To send a mail when a message is received but nobody is connected

How Microsoft Teams can be configured to send a mail when a message is received from microsoft teams but nobody is connected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better version history options

Setting: Shared access to edit Excel Spreadsheet.
    The current system only shows different versions.

It would be way better if each version could colour code each editor and the edits they have made. E.G I made edits on 4 cells and Kelly made edits on a different set of cells, all my edits will be purple in the version history and Kelly's will be orange? Opening a version history should have an indication of how many edits were in that version with a link to each cell that was changed.
    Also it will be beneficial if the version history could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat shows conversations across IM, calls and Email

It would be great if the "Chat" tab was all direct conversations, regardless of the method... ie it shows calls, but also email conversations by default.

Chat starts to replace emails as the main direct method of internal communications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deleting the chats

Please add the feature of deleting the chats, as we have to keep all the old chats in the teams and its bit annoying.

Kindly add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Function to ascertain how much data is being used by Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teamsで利用している全データの容量を確認する機能の実装を希望
    Function to ascertain how much data is being used by Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のデータを別のテナントに移行するにあたり、総容量によって移行プランが変動するため、事前に容量の確認ができる機能の実装を希望します。
    In transferring the data from Microsoft Teams to another tenant, the migration plan depends upon the volume of data in use. Therefore I would like to be able to confirm exactly how much data is being used before the migration is carried out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Best Email Backup Software

Use the best and reliable software is ZOOK Email Backup Software to take emails backup to computer. It allows you to freely create backup of emails from your online email account directly without any hassle. The online backup tool has easy to use GUI which enables user to archive emails to local storage folder in few moments.

The Emails Backup software allows you to take backup of emails from 40+ online email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, GSuite, Rediffmail, Outlook.com, AOL, Amazon WorkMail, etc. Webhost mails such as GoDaddy, HostGator, BlueHost, DreamHost, etc. into desired mailbox. The email backup utility…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying to exiting comment

similar to whats app pls implement the feature like double click over the comment for replying or for writing a continuation comment to the existing comment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams sharing restrictions

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams の共有制御について
    Teams sharing restrictions
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Teams のチームにファイルのアップロードを制御する際、Office 365 グループ サイトの権限での制御となる。しかし、多数のチームが存在する場合、権限の付与で制御することが困難となることも想定される。そのため、Teams のポリシー設定などを利用しアップロードを制御する機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, when file uploads to teams are restricted, the restrictions are applied from Office 365 group sites. However, in the case that there are a large number of teams, granting permissions in this way becomes difficult. Therefore I would like to be able to set restrictions on file uploads via the Teams policy settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base