Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Breakoutrooms and more

You can make background less light and in breakout rooms you can make system that teacher click on button students by clicking on name in list and chose invite to group and teachet then teacher can relocate students in rooms and click button start rooms. And one thing students i rooms should hear teacher

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the back button while Teams folders

The back button takes you back to the team's channel when you are in a document versus going back to the previous directory you were like Windows would. This is so ANNOYING!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mute comments unless your tagged k

I use teams within a retail format and it’s connected to all staff so if a manger or a member of staff puts a message up we all see which is fine but if I my self have not commented on it or liked it think there should be an option to not receive all the other staff commenting on it so I feel like there shud be a mute notifications on each post. The store I work in has around 300-400 staff

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View current calendar item

There is a lot of empty space at the top of the window for Teams for Desktop. One really useful feature would be to include the current calendar event and in the case of a Teams Meeting a "Join" button. It would be extremely useful and would help with productivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. View current calendar item

There is a lot of empty space at the top of the window for Teams for Desktop. One really useful feature would be to include the current calendar event and in the case of a Teams Meeting a "Join" button. It would be extremely useful and would help with productivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. عبدالله

عبدالله محمد أحمد العمران

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display assignment per item in planner calendar

To properly manage resources in the planner calendar I need to see which item is assigned to whom. Otherwise I might double-plan slots for the same person. The Avatar picture on the Task would suffice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calling wholesalers bandit signs to say/Bankruptcy

The other day I called the real estate agency "Bandit sign". It was a Google Voice number. A lady left her name on the answering machine. It sounded amateurish, but who am I to say that she has hundreds of white signs near my neighborhood. She called me back and left me a voice message. Her voice sounded like she was high on a ton of caffeine or stimulants, all prickly and super-fast-talking, but still.

They are just a huge mix of signage, including the offers " ROI 15%", "2 bed 2 bath for sale" and "Wanted: 3 bed 2…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add new invite to existing Teams meeting without re-notifying those who have already responded

When I add a new person to an existing Teams meeting, it re-sends the invite to everyone rather than just to the newly added person. This causes mass confusion because everyone who had already replied previously now thinks that the meeting time or date has changed; once they figure out there's no change, it's then simply annoying to have to continuously respond each time I add a new person to the meeting.
    Please fix!! Only the newly added person needs to be notified, if that is the only change!!
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. co host

Additional co-organizers function! Need more than one person for assign breakout rooms and have som co-host functions!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Contact admin to make edits to org chart

i want to be able to contact our corporate administrator to point out a retired employee should be removed. Removing the retiree from the contacts list does not do this. Neither do dragging off, right clicking, hitting delete. I thought that chat, calls or messaging would have an admin contact. That is not there either. So i suggest a nameless admin contact card automatically be added to the local contact
    list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There should be a sound when a participant joins a call, especially when late

Currently, when a person joins late, it just appears in the meeting, and many times that happens unnoticed. It would be great to know if anyone joined the ongoing meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please create more than one organizer role.

For those of us who teach large groups of 100 plus, additional organizer roles would be useful for managing discussion/workstreams in breakout rooms

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable admins to add/delete/ change user call forwards with Teams Direct Routing

I'd like as an admin to be able to add a call forward for users in circumstances such as sickness etc. I know we can use call groups to provide similar functionality but a straight call forward would be handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. having multiple organizers/hosts of a meeting

having more than one host will create no vacuum if the meeting organizer is not available especially if there is need to change the meeting settings or download attendance sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Each user should have an audio activity indicator when video is on.

The audio talk "blue ring" that is active when a user isn't sending video goes away when video is active. Thus during a meeting it is impossible to identify who is injecting noise or audio feedback when you have multiple users who are not muted. Perhaps consider a "blue rectangle" around user video who is speaking or producing noise/feedback.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Popup window for live stream

Looking for an icon to get separate window for Live Stream window, which will useful to the user to work on other apps or screen sharing in desktop PC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use system default browser for desktop teams app login

Currently in teams desktop application, during login teams uses a electron BrowserWindow for loading page.
    The problem with this is the autocomplete, saved devices and many other features will not be available. And its even more troublesome when we need to login via SSO with MFA enabled. As for every login it needs to be verified.
    All these would be resolved if the login can be routed via system default browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More structure in the teams with subordinate channels

More structure in the teams with subordinate channels.
    As if they can be opened one below the other in a list.
    For example in Windows Explorer.

• team (main)

o under team 1

 sub channel 1
     sub channel 2
     sub channel 3
    o under Team 2
     sub channel 1
     sub channel 2
     sub channel 3
    o under team 3
     sub channel 1
     sub channel 2
     sub channel 3

The background to the requirement is:

I would like to map our organizational structure with it and work in small project teams in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i should be able to chat and study of files which are present in teams at the same time

there are tabs on the left side, suppose i am working in teams, watching some video/ ppt/document and at the same time someone messege me, then i have to go on chat window to chat with that person/group and hence the video/ppt/document i progressed got lost everytime, after completing my conversation i do have to watch that video from start. this is meaningless. this thing waste my time and internet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base