Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. During Video calls - Keep the tool ribbon static.

From within a video call, when I open the Conversation Box or the Participants list, the tool ribbon shifts to the left as the lists take up the right hand side of the screen. After having displayed the conversation pane or Participants list, I have "requested control" more times than I care to admit. This is because that tool ribbon/bar shifts, and I assume my cursor is still on the Conversations or Participants icon, which I selected to make it visible. I click it thinking I will close the pane that I just opened, but instead, my cursor is on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When replying to a Mention to an Individual or a Team Tag give Activity Updates

I would like the Activity App to show Replies to Comments that I have been mentioned directly or through Team's Tag.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit or add a description to created teams.

Allow Team owners to edit or add a description of their Team so people can see what the team is about before joining. This used to be available on all my Teams. Currently, most of them no longer have that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A delete button to delete history.

A delete button to delete history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back screen shot on all platforms; OneNote, Team, Outlook, etc

Bring back screen shot on all platforms; OneNote, Team, Outlook, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. time before to enable join meeting

set a time before to enable the join meeting button so attendees will not be able to join meeting before that set time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export LIS from SfB to Teams E911/LIS

For customers whom had invested so heavily in doing the Network Mapping exercise for E911 into their LIS database, it would be nice to be able to export this data and import it in to their Teams Location mapping. Can you guys think about doing something like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pop up meeting notice.

Would be nice to have a separate pop-up meeting notice when meeting is about to begin and option to join or start meeting from that pop-up. Feature is available on Webex and does not go away until you manually close pop-up or join meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. backgrounds for video chats like zoom

instead of just blurring the background allow the use of a photo as your background.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable pinning multiple videos and setting the pin for other participants

In the grid of 4 videos, I would like to select which videos/screens are displayed.
    This would enable sharing video from multiple places for observation, while conversation happens without interrupting the view for any participants.
    Speaker view only lets you see one location at a time, whereas grid view will change as different people speak.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No deletion of the recorded meeting in the post / channel

If I record a meeting with my class a link tot the stream appears. Students can look back what was told. But after 7 days these links are automatical removed. This means loss of information for the students. My wish is to have no deletion of the link after 7 days, so that there is always a nice history of teaching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. App favorite on login

Allow users to choose a “favorite” app that teams logs into automatically. For instance, if I primarily use chat in the more apps section, allow me to set that as a favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display more than one attendee when using the webapp

If I use the installed app on my Windows 10 computer, I see up to four attendees as it is designed.

When I use the Webapp on my Windows 10 computer (no matter which browser I use) I only see the person who is currently speaking. There is only one attendee displayed.

This appears to be a limitation of the Webapp. If it is, then I would like to see a LOT of votes for displaying as many attendees in the Webapp as the Windows 10 app displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Chess, Checkers, TIc Tac Toe Etc

Add interactive games like these as app options to Microsoft Teams. This is especially helpful right now when most co-workers are working from home and it's hard to stay connected. This can be one interactive way for co-workers to stay connected in a fun and social way with others by taking turns throughout the day when time allows to make your move in chess, tic tac toe etc against your co-workers and bring some light fun and breaks to your day. I got more ideas on the game formats, etc if you want to get in contact with me through…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use system proxy configuration on Linux

The only way that I found to make the Linux application to work behind proxy was add "--proxy-server=https://x.com:port" to the command line.
    Would be better to use httpproxy and httpsproxy environment variables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification for Completed Tasks

It would great if the creator of a task gets notified when the person it's assigned to completes it. I can't keep going back and forth and checking to see what's complete and ready for review, it would be very beneficial to my teams productivity to get a message or an email saying the task I assigned someone was completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show conversation subject in Activity Feed

Currently, the activity feed only shows Team name > Channel name.

Adding the conversation subject (truncated if needed) would help skimming through the activity feed quicker: Team name > Channel name > Subject

Same for the Activity tab on a person's one-on-one chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tell me the notification sound file for Teams

Apparently you are not going to add a function in Teams to change the notification sound. I can't imagine why -- why isn't this easily done in the Control Panel/Sounds? Once again, Microsoft marches backward instead of forward, making each program a little worse than last year's version...

So please just tell me what the sound file is on my hard drive, so I can swap it out with another one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable button on Teams admin center to allow / block guest users in channel meetings

For now I can see a button in "Meetings settings" to allow anonymous users to join a meeting, but as far as I could see, this block or allow guest users in all meetings.

What I think is a really functional option is to also let the admins block the presence of guest users in channel meetings adding a second button in the "Meeting Settings".

Also it would be fine to have an option to override the configuration in certain channels where guest would be allowed to join the channel meetings.

This is a really important security function that should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See all video simultaneously

Like the free software Zoom, you should be able to see all participants video simultaneously.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base