Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add language to invite to explain how to enter web portion

When sending an invite to external parties, I have to add instructions letting them know to click on "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" to enter the web portion of the meeting. If I do not and they are not familiar with Teams they only dial in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE ALLOW FOR THEMES AND COLOR CHANGES : )

PLEASE ALLOW USER TO CHOOSE FROM DIFFERENT THEMES, COLORS, FONTS, ETC. TO ADD PERSONALIZATION TO THEIR MESSENGER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eyeroll response emoji

Some comments are eyeroll-worthy, and I need to be able to indicate that with an eyeroll emoji.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Group Email - Customize Permissions

Along with the creation of a Teams Group, an email address is generated. When permissions are granted for Send As rights, it would be nice to set that to dynamic groups such as Owners, Members, etc.

Additionally, when making the Group Email available in Microsoft Outlook, it would be beneficial to have it show dynamically for Owners rather than all members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete option to clean up past calls, past conversations, etc.

delete option to clean up past calls, past conversations, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turn OFF Read Receipts

You introduced read receipt and did not add the option to turn them off in the privacy settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be helpful to be able to cross search between Teams, Outlook and other MS apps.

When searching in Teams for a conversation, we should be able to see Outlook results as well as some conversations end up on both platforms depending on who you are talking with. Can this feature be added please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow guests to be in Teams Only mode when Coexistence mode is Skype for Business

Allow guests to be in Teams Only mode when Coexistence mode is Skype for Business*

This will allow Guests access to teams individual chat.

Currently if you move from Islands mode to a SfB mode you will break chat for all Guests users in your tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add screen sharing from the Teams app for Phones

Allow screen sharing from the MS Teams phone application! This would put Teams in the lead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. caption

Live Meeting Closed Captions scrolling.

The new live closed captions during meetings are awesome!!
    Sometimes people talk extremely fast and the captions scroll away before I can read everything. Would it be possible to make the captioning window larger and add the ability to scroll back and forth?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add the "nausea" to

Add the Nausea/"throw up" emoji to the reaction choices on posts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to see timestamp of a reaction to a post or comment.

Saw notification that someone had commented in a conversation but there were no obvious comments. Looked like maybe it was for a thumbs up on my comment but there was no way to see the timestamp of that thumbs up that I could see (tried mousing over).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Emergency Location must be accurate and not user-defined.

According to the Teams Docs, "For example, when they use Teams to call emergency services (such as 911 in the United States), users need to be aware that Teams might not be able to determine the actual location of the caller." - Is this even legal? How will this pass FCC muster? Did anyone consider the ethical and legal implications of not implementing accurate location determination?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. With One click Meeting can we have multi-factor authentication so any meeting room authenticates with the host before joining in

If the meeting room anyone can join with one click how can we enforce security that the right meeting host is starting the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would like to see the "If unanswered" also on the "Forward my calls" option

On Forward my calls include option "If Unanswered" like in the Calls ring me. Users have calls ring no answer
    Today had calls Forward to a call group that was set to ring in order...call continued to bounce back and forth between both users - never went to anyone's voice mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make your Chat searchable

Can you search in Chat? Why not, it would be so nice to have that option so you do no have to scroll through a million conversations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. organise contacts tiles

allow 'drag and drop' to organise contact tiles into the different categories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Call merging - come on, it's a basic feature!

On a call when another person calls me. I answer (putting the original call on hold) but then want to be able to merge the two calls.

I could do it in SfB but can't in Teams - seriously??!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please develop a new Framework for Teams

Microsoft,

Do you realize that Teams has the ability to revolutionize the 21st century cloud computing? Do you understand with the proper development of Teams, you could take significant market share from Amazon and Google.

1 If Teams is a communication tool than make it one. The Human being communicates in various different ways. Put all those communication methods in 1 application that is intuitive, fluid, dynamic, flexible, and self learning. Email, Chat,SMS, Text, Voice, Fax, any other communication method you can think of. Put it in a Single app and make it extremely intuitive.

2 Eliminate the following :

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Screen sharing without webex

I cannot get teams to work with my webex. Ideally I should not need a third party product like Webex. Teams should be able to let me share a screen with the person I am chatting just at the click of a button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base