Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy/Paste images from wiki to wiki is not working

Selecting and copying an image from one wiki and pasting it to another is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts- Work Days, like M-F (no Sat/Sun)

You currently have the ability to select the starting day (like Monday), but in our situation, we only work M-F, so this makes creating schedule more cumbersome since I have to skip over Sat/Sun. Seems you could allow ending day of the week or maybe a checkbox for each day worked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. delete chats

delete chats, I can not lend my computer because someone can read old conversations,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. chat windows should have a setting to allow them to be their own windows (independant chat windows)

chat windows should have a setting to allow them to be their own windows (independant chat windows)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. print

Printing option straight from Teams, rather than downloading first to print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. What if I don't want all my files I am working on shared with the team. Just some. not all

I would like to see something that would keep some files I am working on to be shared only to one person. and not be posted or opened by others. only the person I send a share document. like to CEO or HR, not to all staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can you add a similar functionality from Skype to Teams?

Can we have the functionality, where you can see the arrow, added? Some users can write where they are located in the moment? Thank you so much!
    Jean

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Incorporate Dante audio

The integration of Dante enabled audio for Teams Rooms will provide network integration of large room audio systems. This will ease incorporation with existing facilities as well as facilitate new installations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the login issue where Teams picks up the user@domain format which is not how all users login to Teams in the workplace

Fix the login issue where Teams picks up the user@domain format which is not how all users login to Teams in the workplace

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show shifts that are overtime, involve one or more premium pays or are extra shifts

Add an attribute to a shift to indicate that particular shift is an overtime shift, involves one or more premium pay types (bonus shifts) or is an additional shift (worked in addition to a typical schedule). Incidentally, a single shift could be all three.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow people to not save chat history. For some industries, keeping all the chat hisotry becomes a document retention issue.

For some industries, keeping all the chat history becomes a document retention issue. Therefore, we should have the ability to turn off the chat history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open application in background for Mac

In Windows..Settings..Application, there is a setting to "Open Application in Background" I would like this on the MacOS version. When Teams opens it interrupts any application that I am working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make revision history available from within Teams without having to go to SharePoint.

Make revision history available from within Teams without having to go to SharePoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock the order of Teams

Sometimes I accidentally moves a Team to another location (ordering) in the list. Other times the list is reordered when I start Teams in the morning.
    Please give me the option to lock the order of Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to associate dial in caller with existing video session - User ID for Audio Conference

I would like to have the ability for a user who enters a Team meeting to dial into the audio conference and associate their call with their existing session. For example, in Webex, when you connect to a meeting using the app and select dial in, you are given the meeting number as well as a User ID to enter at dial in. This then associates the PSTN call with your existing session. This allows your video session to become the primary focus when you are speaking over the PSTN. It also associates the PSTN session with your name, instead…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the annoying pop-up with emotes when you hover over a message

I still can not figure it out how is it possible that you make this app incredibly annoying with each release.

Before the last update there was the 3-dot menu in the same message box space, now you added the emote pop-up that appear as soon as you hover the mouse pointer over a message. Both approaches are horribly annoying, making very difficult to copy a message and even read them.

As a suggestion, put the 3-dot menu next to the message date so it won't bother when you try to copy a meesage or even read them without move…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. rubrics

I would like to be able to add rubrics in multiple formats (ie. word, pdf, etc.).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. rubric

The option to add a rubric should stay there when you go back to edit an assignment.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base