Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conference Bridge

Notice one thing on scheduling a TEAMS meeting over the application and Outlook add-ins, that by using Outlook it shows the conference phone numbers while the application does not have (referring to the image attached) . Using the app, limits us to a very little features unlike Outlook TEAMS add-ins which i hope we can do a lot of things that can be done using the application itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Don't post chat notifications for meetings I'm not in!

I'm invited to a lot of meetings that I don't have the time to join. I don't need Teams popping notifications on my desktop and blowing up my phone because people are chatting in a meeting I haven't joined. It's annoying AF.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Upgrade Emoji Selection Menu

Replace the horrendous Skype Emoji selection menu with the Windows Emoji selection menu (see attached photos).

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Teams - Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000

We have tested Teams using the Roundtable model Polycom CX5100 and CX5000: video and audio works, but the 360° view (panorama view) doesn't work correctly.
          We have strong business reason to use the 360° feature, 'cause of more intense utilizzation due to 750 employees.
          We need the integration of this feature in Teams. We hope you can do that.
          thanks in advance

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Option to disable notifications for posts consisting solely of graphics

I get distracted by notifications of posts that turn out to be just a giphy image. I like being notified of new posts, because they might be someone asking for help I can render, but not for long threads of animated .gifs. I don't mind seeing them when I visit the channel, but I definitely don't want to be notified of them.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • @mentioning non-team members

Teams is allowing me to @mention people that are not on the Team but they are not getting notifications. Any suggestions/workarounds/fixes?!

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Tarefa Recorrente

Gostaria de poder atribuir recorrência às tarefas da equipe, como MENSAL, SEMANAL, TODO DIA 20, por exemplo.

I Need to set up to DAILY or MONTHLY our team tasks.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Posting a message in a Conversation from the Flow bot should be able to tag users, or the entire team, using @

I am currently using MS Flow to post a message to teams when a MS Form is submitted and subsequently approved. People in my organisation have been complaining that they don't know when a form is submitted so it would make sense that the Flow Bot posting the message to Teams could tag the entire team or the individuals who would need to pay attention to it.

I've read things about using BBCode and the Bot Creator SDK but these aren't viable as I don't have a Visual Studio license. The simplest solution would be one that works within Flow.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • annotations

During a MS Teams Meeting, the meeting owner should be able to annotate; draw lines, circles, arrows, etc. If I am presenting software to my team, I need to be able to circle or draw an arrow when I say "click here". -->

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Closing the window when on a call with Teams should not close a call in progress.

I'd call that a bug since MAC OS does not shut down an application when a window is closed.

When on a call, closing the TEAMS window will end the call. (clicking on the red dot or issuing "command+W").

When the window is closed or hidden, controls for the call could be placed in a right click on the application icon in the dock instead of a floating tab that will end up where it doesn'T belong in the screen.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • email id should be their in Teams when we are viewing MS Teams

email id should be their in Teams when we are viewing MS Teams

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • hide free busy for external partenaire

Hide free/busy for external partenaire.
                          The goal of this idea is to hide the user's free busy for external partenaire when you do a federation with a partenaire. Without this option we can't make any federation with any partenaire.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow admins to set the locale, region language and date format for Teams

It is vital that admins can set the locale, language, region and/or date format. We work in the UK and it is causing real confusion that the date is US based.
                            Could this be made configurable in the Teams admin console?
                            For me, the Language is set to UK English but all the dates associated with files are US dates. Clearly the language setting is not filtering through to a corresponding date display and this seems to be the same for other users. Thank you.

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Creation of Groups with 2 people to write and share information for a topic

Today it is only possible to create a group for a chat with 3 or more people. Often it is neccessary to write and share information for a topic. But you have no team like a project team. All information is about a topic like a proposal or presentation creation or acquisition etc. Therefore it would be helpful to have the possibility to create groups with 2 people and not to need 3 or above.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow users to set the order for display of Files

Please allow Teams owners to set the order of documents and folders in the Files tab. At the moment the order seems to be date-based (?). Users have said they would prefer to use alpha-numerical ordering. Is there a way to configure that either individually or by the Teams admin?

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Search function in desktop app

When I search in the desktop app, I need to write the whole word in order to find it. I mean for example; if I want to search for the word "design" so i must write "design" in order to find it in chat but i can't find it if i only write for example "desig" without the "n" in the end. so the search needs to be exact matching.
                                  this thing doesn't happen when i try with the mobile app, i mean it works fine with the mobile or Ipad.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • BUG: Photos on Wiki crashes IOS App

Added photo to Wiki and when trying to open on IOS it crashes the Teams App. Version: 1.0.69 Build 1.077.2019030803 (ring3)

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • MS Teams

Direct Routing - Once we take the call routing away from MS Teams Call plans, we lose user ability to add/remove/assign numbers to users or the auto attendant/call queue. You also seem to only have two services, auto attendant and call queue. How about time control? for example, if the client wants calls before 9 and after 5 to go to an external mobile.

We are getting our numbers from Gamma(not yourselves) and there is no way to add them on your admin page.

At the moment, ALL the programming is having to be done by Powershell.

You really need…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Timestamps for action inside channel

Known that Microsoft has added timestamp in conversation from this post (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17691118-timestamps-for-everything)

But I wonder why there is no timestamps for action inside the channel (e.g. someone joined/left team, someone added some new tab/guest to the team etc)

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix Blank Planner on Mobile App

On the mobile android app and on the ios app, once I click on a planner within our team, I cannot see the tasks. I only see a blank screen.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base