Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing the way activity is displayed on the feed

I believe that it would be helpful to be able to change the order in which activity is displayed on the feed. Personally I would prefer the most recent activity to be displayed towards the top as opposed to needing to scroll all the way down to see the newest information. Possibly having a menu option to toggle between the two so that people can change it to their preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is an item in my activity feed for a team channel but the message does not appear in the team.

A message appeared in my activity feed for a team channel I'm subscribed to. When I look in the channel, I don't see the message anywhere. I tried restarting teams and marking the message as unread by neither had any affect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Maximum limit for no. of people in a private chat

Looking for more no. of people in a private chat, i.e. more than 50 people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach File in Chat

The current Chat function to attach files defaults to your Personal OneDrive. Can you also add the option to attach files from the Company OneDrive folders or Teams that I am a part of? Sometimes I want to share a file with someone who is not on one of my teams, but I want them to see it as an FYI.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. expired meetings (and future ones) should not show Join button

We have an issue where people sometimes join meetings that are from the past and have already ended days or even weeks ago. Can the "Join" button be greyed out once the meeting is no longer valid?

It would also be nice if people couldn't join a meeting days or hours in advance - we have a similar problem with people joining a meeting posted to a Team days early. Perhaps the Join button would only work 1 hour before the scheduled time (I know this goes against Skype backend conferencing design but is something you certainly could do via…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The website that helps with signing in is not very well designed and could not help me at all

most apps help you log in if you are having trouble figuring out your email or password but not teams it sent me to a page that was very difficult to understand!?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sería fantástico poder agregar dentro de un canal de TEAMS, una carpeta de una biblioteca de Share Point.

Cuando agregas Invitados a un team, sería una buena idea poder compartir con ellos y el resto de miembros del equipo una carpeta de SHARE POINT en lugar de una biblioteca entera

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Security flaw in Chats tab

EMERGENCY! There is a serious bug in Microsoft Teams! When I click on the tab for Chats under recent chats my password is displayed! This is a serious security issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change control en Shifts

Check which of the owner manager makes change to the schedules

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assign policy to groups

With the new admin portal you can only assign messaging policy to individual users. Why is this happening when the previous admin portal let us set different options to for example Faculty, Students etc? It's near impossible to manage per-user Teams settings for several thousand students who come and go. We need to be able to let group membership control these settings in Teams.

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Usersnap

Hey, could you make an integration with Usersnap?

https://usersnap.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. when I try to use teams with jabra headset on meetings, it fails the microfone. When I do it on a simple chat, point to point, it works

even if I reinstall it, it does not work.
    The version running in my android mobiole works correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the word copy to paste, when copying documents from one team to another.

When you copy a document from one team to another the button says copy, when you are pasting it into this team.

If this was to change tho the word paste, it would stop confusion when completing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share wiki across channels and/or teams

As a multiples teams member i'd like to share (or copy at least) an existant wiki created into a chan with another chan into the same team or another one

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Zotero integration

Adding a Zotero connection would be great.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams in Outlook Customer Manager integrieren

Teams should be able to provide a "Tab" for Outlook Customer Manager (OCM) in a similar way to the "Planner" tab.

This would be a key capability for the running of sales teams. In business the customer contact is the centre point and this a massive oversight to have missed this! Yes you have a Dynamics365 connector but Teams needs to spans a lot more than this!

Team discussions about customers should also show on the OCM feeds within outlook.

Teams, Planner and Outlook Customer Manager are all from the same era and targeting small to medium businesses. We need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base