Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Focus on architecture first

Teams is a big mess, to put it mildly. Try using multiple accounts. There is not such a concept. You cannot even switch account. You have to restart. Restarts happen all the time, also with network changes. This is a frequent nuisance.
    Also, get your SSO act together, finally.
    And, as Teams is supposed to be a collaboration tool, stop relying on mail and SharePoint for daily tasks. It makes no sense.
    And don’t get me started on the editor. That’s disappointing in so many ways.
    There are so many superior options to get inspiration from, it’s a mere shame…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG] Unlock wiki sections locked by myself

Often wiki sections get locked and i can't edit them anymore. It says i am the one locking the section and there is nothing i can do but wait. I have to wait a very long time before anyone can work on this section again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Possibility to add two accounts to teams app

Hi

It would be great if TEAMS app would have the possibility to add two more accounts. Same way as it is possible with OneDrive app. Now it is little bit challenging to swich between work and private account.

BR
    Miika

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat & Team unread notification missing. Suppose one message came into chat or team group unread count notification missing.

Suppose one message came into chat or team group unread count notification missing. Every time we have to check activity tab.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable Like feature in Conversations

Need to have an option to disable/enable the 'like' feature. We have found staff at times abusing the setting by continuously clicking the like button and bombarding the other user with notifications.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Start new chat in MS Teams is not intuitive and hard to find as it's on it's own and not in a logical spot - did you do any user testing on

Start new chat in MS Teams desktop is not intuitive and hard to find as it's on it's own (top left) with no association to chat and not in a logical spot - did you do any user testing on this...I'm not a power user and always frustrates me to find it.

It should be located as an option on chat menu item on left; and or top right where you can add people to a chat..

This is UX 101 stuff, come on MS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Modify/add to the columns in the files tab

Currently, you cannot add a remove additional columns within the files tab navigation. Please build in the same options as seen on the sharepoint library, so we can add and modify columns. thanks.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CACHE APPS / USAGE

I really like the integration efforts to move all of MS Office 365 Services into a single app... but it becomes extremely frustrating when you switch from one app to another.

For example, I've added a 'Planner' tab and a 'Notebook' tab to one of my channels... when I switch between the two, Teams re-loads the entire Plan/Notebook, and I don't resume where I left off.

So much wasted time in page loads / finding where I was to move forward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. appear offline

I want to access Teams content while able to "appear offline"

This is a feature request regarding the presence capability versus other offline features that want to use Teams while disconnected.

This feature allows
    People to do work at off hours without being interrupted.
    People to look or retrieve content which has no concept of presence.

For those concerned about abuse of an appear offline feature and enabling presence liars, users can still lie and set any of the current presence states with the same intention.

I can be connected to the network and use Outlook, OneNote, SharePoint, etc. and…

1,287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The "Teams" should have nofications like the normal chat does and / or normal chat should be able to @team / @general / @all / @something

The Teams don't have notifications but general chat does. General chat can't do chat room wide mentions. Combine Teams and Chat and / or add notifications to teams and / or add channel wide mentions in chat.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Go To New

The Command/Ctrl + E feature is great, but I think it could be improved. I'd expect it to work more similarly to the Command + K feature in Slack.

First, as soon as I press the shortcut, the first available options should be a list of the latest notifications, with the most recent notification already selected, so I can easily jump to it by pressing Enter.

Once I start typing, instead of the selection defaulting to search, it should default to the top result, so I can easily jump to that selection using Enter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. open weblinks in the app is app is open

When some one shares a web link for teams and the teams app is open, open the link in teams app rather than a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Linked Documents to tasks

I've noticed whenever I link a document to a task, clicking on the link only allows you to open the document on Word online. For documents that have images or text boxes, word online distorts these images unlike in the desktop app.

There should be an option, like in the files tab in teams, to open the document in the desktop app or on the online platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Uploading file with the same name with the same name

If I upload a file from my hard drive with a name that matches another name, it does not prompt to create a new version. This should be the default behavior or at least a prompt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notifications are very inconsistent on android

When I get a new message, whether or not I get a notification for that on my phone feels like a complete coin toss. This has been a huge problem for me, as I've often missed notifications for important messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mobile notifications

We recently moved from hipchat to teams. Seems everyone who has the app gets duplicate notifications on mobile and desktop. The setting send notifications when I’m not active on desktop doesn’t work. Through out the day despite being logged in and available I get notifications on my app. Even as I type this I got a notification in my phone and desktop simultaneously.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base