Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please put something on the 'layout options' box to stop it appearing after the first time

Can you please put an option on the 'layout options' box that will turn it off after the first time of use. I'm doing something with like a zillion arrows and every time I put an arrow in the box appears and blocks the next arrow. I don't need it and it's really really annoying. Thank you. PS I've seen online other comments about how annoying it is and you can't get rid of the 'layout options' box.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams

Teams. Really annoying to not be abble to suppress / delete or hide part of conversations or all conversation. I feel Teams like a Spammer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In Jira, the order the list is in from the filter is overridden by local state

This is annoying if I want to use the tab to show a prioritised list of issues, as any ordering the user has done overrides the order from the filter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Jira integration bug - assignee not shown

Assignee is shown as unassigned, but it is assigned in Jira

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable us to link to our existing Confluence from the wiki tab

The last thing we need is for people to start putting wiki content in MS teams when we have a huge existing investment in Confluence.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make search option available for each group chat, as all chats are online so easy to search.

Make search option available for each group chat, as all chats are online so easy to search while having to many groups.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. for the love of Cthulhu FIX STATUS! or at least beep when you mess it up for me

Since you can't seem to fix status can you at least make a sound or something when you randomly change my status? maybe a baby crying, or nails on a chalk board...you know, something that is about as annoying as the freaking status indicator NOT WORKING!!!!111ONE11!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Messages are not showing on OSX application but can see them on mobile

I am not seeing some
    messages on OSX that I am able to see on the Android app. Missing all messages for the last two days within one specific channel on the OSX application, but those messages show up on the mobile app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. out of office in group chat

When in a group chat with a person out of office, you get that bar at the bottom saying so and so is out of office and may not reply. Which is cool, and you can dismiss it, great. It keeps coming back, over and over. I dismiss it, and minutes later it's there again. Make it stop!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. share screen from computer even when using phone for a call

If someone calls through Teams on my phone, but then need to join the call from the computer there is no way to transfer. That alone is an issue, but the big one is if I need to share my screen. The only option seems to be to hang up the call from the phone and call again, just to share my screen. I should be able to share my screen at any time, without a call. What if I'm not using teams on a phone call, then I don't want to call with teams at all. Lots of our…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Undo button in Wiki for accidental deleting of text

Hi, I was attempting to copy a paragraph from a wiki section and as soon as I highlighted the paragraph, I accidentally deleted the data (typing too fast). Since the wiki updates in real time, the information was instantly gone with no way to retrieve it. I checked the SharePoint site but it's not in the recycle bin (since it wasn't a file, only a paragraph) and the wiki file in SharePoint had already updated with my deletion in a matter of seconds. Is there any way to add an undo button for typing, even if it doesn't apply to…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. zoho add-in needs to better guide user through setup - it's nonfunctional

The zoho add in guided me through login, but then did not allow me to access or setup a portal, I kept running into blank screens or screens saying "that portal is not available" so I never got anywhere with the app. Right now it's nonfunctional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Host a teams meeting in a pre-exsisting chat and be able to select this group when scheudling the meeting via outlook plug in

My team and I have a Named Group Chat, we use this for daily conversations, file sharing...etc. We basically get all our work done here. We also sync weekly via a teams meeting. We would like to be able to schedule this meeting to show up in our Named Group Chat. Currently it goes into a separate Chat for the meeting. Keeping all our conversations and files in the same chat would be helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)