Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email notifications with connectors

Treat all notifications equally or distinctly. It does not appear that a post to a followed channel made via a Connector adheres to the same rules as posts made by other users. When a user sends me a message, or posts to a Team that I'm following, I receive an email notification. Any post by a connector (like a WebHook), will update the Activity feed and generate a notification on the desktop, but it will not generate an email. I could see having a specific notification setting for posts made via a connector, but, at base, I would expect all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Deeper Sharepoint Integration

We're beginning to use Teams as a central collaboration tool within our department, but it falls short when it comes to Sharepoint.
    We have things like a group calendar, List pages that we use for links and "at a glance" information, and reports.
    Unfortunately, it seems that you can only add News Feeds from sharepoint for Team Tabs. It'd be awesome if we could put those Sharepoint pages on our Team hub to keep everything centralized for day to day use.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. partial thread expansion

Allow expanding just the last few comments in a thread, rather than always expanding the whole thing. A thread w/ ~200 replies takes 4-5 seconds to expand completely saturating 1 CPU core and then requires scrolling down through it all to get to the recent replies. This is particularly inconvenient if you are frequently switching channels or between Team view and Chat view as all threads are repopulated collapsed whenever you return to a channel.

We should be able to expand only the unread messages or 20 or so at a time.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete recorded meeting

There is no way to delete a meeting that has been recorded in a channel. There have been a couple of times that I have started and ended one realizing I was in the wrong channel or that I didn't give it a title or topic name.

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We never know when we have messages or notifications, which defeats the purpose of quick communication. (Slack is much better at this.)

Slack feels like an interactive chat room where discussions are quickly conducted and we are notified when new messages are posted, which facilitates communication.

Our team's quick communication has ground to a halt since we switched to Teams, because it is terrible at notifying us of messages and chats and acts more like a message board than a chat room.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ansicht des Tageskalenders umstellen

Die Ansicht meines eingebundenen Tageskalenders wird in englisch (pm) angezeigt. Wie kann ich diese auf deutsch umstellen? Spracheinstellungen und Zeitzone sind ok.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not disturb

When i put my status to do not disturb i still get messages and notifications from people even when i just select certain people ? I dont think the selection option is saving when i select certain people can someone help me to see if i am doing it wrong or if it just a bug.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Live Quiz/Survey Option

For meetings/training sessions - a live quiz/survey option would be invaluable. Would be similar to the old 'Pulse' product that is no longer available.

Conduct a number of training sessions via Skype and like to ask questions of the audience as I conduct training to ensure the audience is understanding the material. It would be great if there was a way to go through Teams where I could ask a question, have the audience provide a response (e.g. multiple choice, true-false), see the responses live, and then cover the answer and provide an explanation based on the responses.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy link opens in wrong view

When creating a link to something in TEAMS the link needs to preserve the source displayed information - one example is that copy a link when in SCHEDULE VIEW of PLANNER opens in BOARD VIEW

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. navigation buttons for working in tabs

When you add a website as a tab and then try to work from that tab there is no back button or forward button. When you click the < in teams it takes you back to the channel conversations tab.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A way to test audio and video

like in skype, check call quality. I don't always know if my headset is working properly

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. list view vs. board view in planner

Add a LIST VIEW for tasks for better overview and less scrolling :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make link to a file independent of the folder or channel

We use teams for our software development department. We design use cases using Microsoft Word. We want to link to these documents from TFS, so that the developer can open the Word document from his task in the kanban view.
    The problem is that this link gets lost now when we move the file to a different folder or channel.
    Would it be possible to give each file a unique URL that doesn't change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share files in private chat without OneDrive

We aren't currently using OneDrive so not being able to share files in private chats is a major blocker for our Teams adoption. It would be very useful to have an alternative to OneDrive for sharing files in these kinds of chats, so that our users aren't forced to revert to email while we move them onto OneDrive.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need file sharing Parameters

Via Office Apps, users can share team documents to non-team members (cf. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-a-file-with-someone-outside-your-team-in-teams-66eda318-bb54-497b-b093-d1b572ca115b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US).
    It would be great to let Owners authorize (or not) their team members to share documents including access mode (read only or update).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use Delve Profiles for CV Management

Delve Profiles already supports profiles where you'll add your competences are projects which is really great and light weight.

I'd really like to see a feature that could expand this to full fledged CV Management.

But this should maybe bee a separate app that builds upon the Delve profile?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integration between mobile app and desktop is poor. Integration between teams and Planner is poor. No drag and drop of tasks to other areas

• Integration between mobile app and desktop is poor.

• Integration between teams and Planner is poor

• No drag and drop functionality of tasks to other areas possible

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base