Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Setting up a meeting defaulted to UTC TimeZone. Ideally, it should be able to select my timezone based on my location.

I didn't notice this issue on previous builds.
    I noticed it on the SelfHost build.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emoji creation

Make it possible for users to create and share emojis with the whole team. This is the only slack feature our team is missing.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook 'button' similar to the 'chat' or 'meetings' button in teams so truly in 1 space

Hi there! Would be great if the was an Outlook button, similar to the chat/teams/meetings/calls/files buttons on the left hand side of the Teams screen.
    This would truly allow you to live in one space; right now I am in Outlook all day, but then have to pop over to teams to see if activity happened to occur. Alternatively, would like to subscribe to email notifications of activity in Teams.

Thanks for considering!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Independent Tenant-Wide External Sharing settings

In https://[COMPANYNAME]-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/AdminHome.aspx#/sharing, there are separate slider for OneDrive and SharePoint Online, so that they may have different external sharing settings.

Since we cannot administer Teams the same way we do SharePoint Online sites, it doesn't make sense to tie Teams global sharing settings to SharePoint Online's global sharing settings.

This would also allow us opportunities to test Teams without impacting our SharePoint Online environment.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the :

I think the auto emojis are a bad idea. If I type :) it auto creates a smile emoji, if I type :s It makes an emoji automatically, but if I want to type :smile: the :s is changed automatically so I can't search for emojis..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like to move from Slack but not possible with Free Teams.

I have 4 365 licenses for engineering to use to test apps. Now the rest of the company in same domain cannot have free teams. Must buy a license for all employees. We were hoping to move from Slack but are now forced to stay with Slack. Please fix licensing!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Post a message "on behalf of"

I would like to have the ability to post new messages in Teams, on behalf of someone for who I already have the right to do so in Exchange/Outlook.

For now, the workaround would be to post:
    1) by sending an email from Outlook and on behalf of the person
    2) manually indicate in the header "sent by <my name>", as this is not displayed by default

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please put the user's status indicator (away, busy, available...) on the left side also.

Teams often ends up buried under other windows with only a little of the left most part visible so I can visually scan for notifications and other's status changes. It would be good to have the user's status displayed on the left also as a reminder to keep it current.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to copy URL for Microsoft Planner task within Teams

When you open the dropdown for a task, and attempt to click "Copy link to task", nothing happens.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Private Chat Notifications

An option for the popup notifications for chat to not display the actual message being sent. In case the message is private, the popup should only say "John Smith sent a chat" instead of the full message.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reply with IM in Outlook

Replace Skype in the Reply with IM feature in Outlook.

Currently, Skype for Business users can "Reply with IM" or "Replay All with IM" to an email in Outlook. This opens the SFB client with a message to the email sender, or a group message to all recipients on the email.

I am proposing the ability to either replace SFB with Teams, or add Teams as an option to the existing functionality.

Ideally, once this ability exists, the key value is to easily move a conversation from an email to either a channel, a group chat, or an individual chat,…

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Let user clearly know he/she can not create teams

Searching half the afternoon for a way to create a team. I think Im not allowed... but doesnt say it anywhere....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Visibility of New Posts

My list of Teams in the Favorites is growing very long. Sometimes I miss new posts where the team/channel/person is not mentioned, especially in teams that are beyond the bottom of the window (scrolling needed to see the bottom of the list) or where posts are within unfavorited channels. I'm now being forced to favorite all channels just to make sure I don't miss new posts, and that's making navigating around very cumbersome.

Setting channels to not be favorite trims the list so only high-activity channels are surfaced, but then when there is activity in slow channels, it's easy to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice if new notifications came in to the corresponding chat instead of the activity section

It would be nice if new messages notifications came into the corresponding chat section instead of the activity section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide 'Meet Now' or 'Share Window' button for one-on-one chats.

During a chat with a single user, there is no 'Meet Now' button or 'Share Window' functionality.

In SfB, I am able to simply share content with another person without needing to create a voice or video call.

In Teams, we cannot do this. My options are to start a video/voice call or to schedule a meeting.

Skype for Business provides a far superior experience, as I can immediately begin sharing with a contact without a voice/video cal. If you expect companies to adopt this as a new platform, you simply cannot make basic functionality more difficult. Furthermore, you allow…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Upload Outlook attachments to SharePoint subfolders

I am trying to encourage the practice of uploading attachments as SharPoint links, but my company can't have every attached document sitting in the root folder of the document library. We need a way to select from the entire group library folder tree so these documents are organized.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug : Cannot create new teams

It seems that our entire team is unable to create a new team... we just do not see the tile we're supposed to be seeing.
    Is there some setting that needs to be turned on to allow team creation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Very often the system tray notification that pops up when using the desktop client will not go away.

The notification window WILL NOT take input and does not go away. It covers the system tray making it difficult to get to items in the tray. This is real fun when it does it in the middle of a presentation and it sits there in the corner like a nice little bug declaring "I own your desktop experience, not you!!!"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. There is no possibility to call contact`s mobile

Im trying to call to users mobile:
    Calls - Contacts - A-Z
    When im clicking to mobile number (e.164 format) call goes to users teams client instead of user`s mobile.
    Only one way call to mobile - call from dial pad.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base