Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the chat sidebar on the left side, it's very difficult to read the names AND the latest texts from my contacts. Can I have just names?

Name, message, name, message, names, message, names, message is too hard to scan for a contact name. Can I you make it 1. Just a list of names, 2. Names with only unread message preview, or 3. customizable? Sometimes those previews show sensitive information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the chat sidebar on the left side, it's very difficult to read the names AND the latest texts from my contacts. Can I have just names?

Name, message, name, message, names, message, names, message is too hard to scan for a contact name. Can I you make it 1. Just a list of names, 2. Names with only unread message preview, or 3. customizable? Sometimes those previews show sensitive information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need ability to join the team meeting on the phone and on the laptop

If a user has bandwidth issues, their voice is choppy while trying to use a headset on the laptop.

The work around is to join the meeting using their cell phone, but if they need to see the shared screen, they have to look at the small phone.

Need the ability to join the meeting on the phone for audio purposes AND simultaneously be able to join the meeting on the laptop for the presentation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Users to know who locks a file

I'm trying to delete a file and it is "locked". Allow user to know who is "locking"the files

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. remove fuzzy grey outline when sharing a screen

When a presenter is sharing their screen (laptop, not Surface Pro) the viewers see a grey haze around the edge of the screen. Difficult to read words at the top and bottom of the shared screen.

I am guessing this is so the viewer does not confuse the presented screen with their own screen???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Teams video to run outside of a Microsoft Operating System

The fact that the Teams Client is reliant on a Microsoft OS makes it expensive to build out MS Teams Video Room spaces. Managing remote video spaces that are running for example MS Surface PC's or Intel NUC pc's in order to host Teams is costly, operational inefficient and security concern driven. Teams is too fat. The Teams Client used by the end user on the their PC's can be fat, it can be OS driven, with all the bells and whistles, but please simplify the Teams Video Room System requirements. It should be simplified to run outside of a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to sort tasks in buckets in the task tracker

Need an option to sort the tasks, within a bucket, by date or A-Z or Z-A, or assigned/unassigned, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. assignment tab

Add an assignment tab for each channel so that teachers and students can access assignments in the same channel as their content.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow External Federated Users to be added to Contact List

Require the ability to add external federated contacts to the Contacts list under the Chat section of Teams.

At the moment, it is only possible to add internal users or guest accounts.

Key requirement for allowing communication with federated partners as is available with Skype for Business.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GIFs are not loading on 2 computers but works on everyone else's machine. Why is that?

I have tried signing them out, restarts, windows updates, online portal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add greenscreen background

Add a feature to allow users to upload an image or animated gif to appear as a background behind their camera image. Using similar AI to the background blur effect, allow users to appear in front of a virtual background. This would be a fun feature that would drive engagement as well as allowing branding of corporate calls. Also, I want to appear with flames, dinosaurs and asteroids behind me to liven up conference calls.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Smaller Attachment Icons

When an attachment is included in a conversation, there is a huge banner icon across the chat. This waste a lot of precious screen real estate. Make the icons much smaller so that the space can be spent on the valuable text.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to send one IM to contact group.

Would like the ability to send one IM to a whole contact group. This is one the Skype feature and i would like to see it on MS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. music

Colocar un bot para poder buscar y reproducir musica en los canales de grupos similar a lo que tienen en discord, asi mucha gente aunque no tenga reuniones o chats puede estar interactuando con la aplicacion mientras trabaja.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic reply/message to a chat message

Just the possibility to have automated replies when we're busy or unavailable for chat messages

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meetings: Only display an attendee window if their camera is on.

We don't need a full portion of the screen taken up by a box with initials. A good example is when one room is presenting with a camera, but none of the remote attendees want to be seen. Don't disable the full-screen view of the primary site to the whole meeting when others are not sharing cameras anyway. We can open up the attendees list if we want to see who is in the meeting.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. pasting image into chat should automatically resolve naming collisions

I take a lot of screenshots of Outlook and certain web pages (such as a web-app we're developing) and paste them into Teams. The screen capture tool I use always pulls the browser tab's name (so FuseKit in my case) as the name of the image.

What happens is that when I paste this into Teams, there are all of a sudden like 20 naming collisions as it tries to insert it as FuseKit, FuseKit (1), FuseKit (2), etc.

I'd love a way to either just say 'give it a unique name', or have it . pick some other random…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow @ mentions to work from SMTP email

We have a .NET program that sends SMTP emails to various Team group channels. It works great except that we cannot use the @mention feature as part of the email.

We would love to use an @mention to one or more specific people in the group to grab their attention as they are task owners. An @mention would show up in their activity and notifications and stand out to them.

Currently, if we put something like "@User Name" in the email body or email subject (or wherever) it appears as text and no activity is shown to the specified team…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reply desktop notifications to a topic should contain the text of the reply

When I'm not particularly participating in a discussion, I see the reply notifications, but they don't contain any of the text in the reply (screenshot attached).. so to find out what's been said, I need to switch to Teams and go see.

It'd be super useful if it contained the text of the reply so at a glance I can see what was said (just like chat notifications do) and decide whether to go and contribute to the topic.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How do I see what user I am currently signed in as, on Android?

There doesn't seem to be any way of seeing what the active team is on Android, or to see what the user is signed in as, or to switch accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base