Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support VHDL & Verilog Code Snippets

Code snippets are great, but my Team's languages are not yet supported. We use VHDL-2008 and SystemVerilog and would like to be able to share syntax-highlighted code snippets.

Alternately, the ability to add support for custom languages would be fine too. We are not adverse to writing our own syntax highlighting rules.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display who is sharing their screen

There is no indication that I can find of who is sharing their screen when in a meeting.

Perhaps have the presenter's avatar a different color or with an icon, and possibly add the presenter's name to the meeting name display when you hover over the presentation area.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.

Group Chat: option to Spin off new chat Topic from old Group Chat.
    Lets say I have a Group Chat with 40 people and we are talking about the best cookies.
    Later I need to start a new Subject “best cars” with the same group of people, right now I must type in each person in.

But if you had the option to Start new Topic and it pulls the participants names out and starts a new chat with them. It would same me from having to type them all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More than 100 Participants in Group Chat

I need Teams to support more than 50 in Group Chats. My Team across the region has almost at the max number of people that can be in a Team Room 2500. I spin off Group Chats to have technical Conversation without hijacking the Channel. Each Subject is different but when we need to have a common hot topic we max out the 50 limit and I have to ask some people to leave the chat.

I don’t understand why such a low limit for Group Chat, just looking a Technical Guys in the team without management, we are pushing…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show display pic for users with obscured cameras

Users often share video, but then cover the camera with a Post-it, piece of tape, or other cover. This results in their useless video stream taking up valuable space in the 4x4 view.

It'd be nice if Teams would recognize the lack of content in the images and not show them in the 4x4 view.

I think the meeting host can mute people's video, but the meeting I'm in has an inexperienced host and I'd like to be able to deprecate some of the video streams myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to mark something as 'To-do' or 'Action' in Teams

I need the ability to mark an item in Teams as a 'To-do' or 'Action' and have that be a separate list from 'Saved'. Action vs. Saved serve a different purpose. I would like to be able to access my To-Do list from the left rail menu.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to indicate when an @ mention in Teams is an Action vs. FYI

Today when you @ someone in Teams they are notified.  I would like to be able to indicate when an @ means an action vs. an FYI.  Many people manage their To-Do list via emails that are in their inbox.  It would be good to be able to know when something is an action to have that in my email to-do box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification Settings - add the ability to set only email notifications

Currently in Teams I can set notifications to be Banner and Email or just a Banner but there is no option for just an email. I would like to be able to set my @ mentions to only send me an email instead of a banner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enhanced BlueJeans integration

Need to be able to schedule a Meeting from Teams and seamlessly add BlueJeans into the meeting. Would like to have a button to 'Join' similar to the Teams Stream meetings. Right now a user has to click on the calendar, open the invite, and then click on the BlueJeans link within the meeting.

Need a simple one click option to join a BlueJeans meeting within teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When are you going to bring T-bot back?

I found T-bot to be very helpful, where did it go? Also where is Statsbot?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Collaboration of Box files in real time

Currently when a user clicks on a file in Box within Teams the only option is to open the document within Box or to download the file. This requires extra steps for the user. Would like to have the same capability of users being able to collaborate on a document at the same time with a file from box. This will also help keep the versioning history in check.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Chat priority setting

It would be useful to be able to set the priority of a chat. This should be visually indicated on the message. It would be great if lower priority chats didn't show up in Activity, and notified you more passively.

The reason I'd like this is because chats often switch between social and business. Being able to set priority would allow me to send something passively to my boss without bothering her, and would allow me to send something High Priority to her, letting her know I'm asking her to look at it asap.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change once occurrence of future meeting more than 2 months into the future

We have a couple of reoccurring meetings (Sprint Planning etc) in our dev team where we use Teams. Every now and then one of these meetings occurrences falls on a national holiday. These days we know of with plenty of time ahead to rebook them, but the Teams client doesnt allow us to go that long into the future to do that.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

817 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, the team has this request under review. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you may want to try using the “Do No Disturb” status if you are in a call or meeting, and do not want to get call notifications (rings and toasts). For more information on the various status settings in Teams and how they effect your notifications, including call notifications, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-your-status-in-teams-ce36ed14-6bc9-4775-a33e-6629ba4ff78e.

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Changing the way activity is displayed on the feed

I believe that it would be helpful to be able to change the order in which activity is displayed on the feed. Personally I would prefer the most recent activity to be displayed towards the top as opposed to needing to scroll all the way down to see the newest information. Possibly having a menu option to toggle between the two so that people can change it to their preference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There is an item in my activity feed for a team channel but the message does not appear in the team.

A message appeared in my activity feed for a team channel I'm subscribed to. When I look in the channel, I don't see the message anywhere. I tried restarting teams and marking the message as unread by neither had any affect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Maximum limit for no. of people in a private chat

Looking for more no. of people in a private chat, i.e. more than 50 people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Attach File in Chat

The current Chat function to attach files defaults to your Personal OneDrive. Can you also add the option to attach files from the Company OneDrive folders or Teams that I am a part of? Sometimes I want to share a file with someone who is not on one of my teams, but I want them to see it as an FYI.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. expired meetings (and future ones) should not show Join button

We have an issue where people sometimes join meetings that are from the past and have already ended days or even weeks ago. Can the "Join" button be greyed out once the meeting is no longer valid?

It would also be nice if people couldn't join a meeting days or hours in advance - we have a similar problem with people joining a meeting posted to a Team days early. Perhaps the Join button would only work 1 hour before the scheduled time (I know this goes against Skype backend conferencing design but is something you certainly could do via…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base