Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subject only view

Can we have a view with subject only?

Sometimes, I want to read one thread and read others later.
    It will be nice to have a view like outlook group mail box, so I can read a thread I am interesting at the moment.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot open link file types from with the Files tab

I dragged some URL link items from a folder in OneDrive into the Files section in Teams

When I click on these URL links from within the Teams Files tab they do not open to a website, instead they try to download

If I click to the actual library within Sharepoint, and then click these URL links, they open ok (ie. they take you to a website)

Why don't they open from within the Teams Files tab?

BTW - I noticed in the "New" menu in the Teams Files tab you can create a new folder…

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable 3rd party PKI certificates for SMIME in OWA

Our organization has a trust hierarchy that requires us to use 3rd party PKI certificates for SMIME. We use Office365 and many users use OWA, so we started looking into configuring OWA to do SMIME. However, there is a technet article that states that is not supported for 3rd party certificates. As many users prefer OWA, that is negatively impacting the security posture of our organization.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us move messages between conversations

The confusing UI design constantly causes people to start new conversations rather than replying to existing conversations. We have to remind people every day to please use the reply box below the message you're replying to. That doesn't fix the problem that they've already started a new conversation.

Please give us the ability to click and drag a message to move it into a different conversation so we can fix these inevitable mistakes.

I realize it's possible for the person who entered a message to delete it and retype it correctly, but having to explain that is even worse than…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Search on Mobile devices

Separate out search for contacts from keyword search. Alow mobile users to search for a particular contact or team

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include a Task Manager Section

It would amazing to have a task manager where you can create a task list and assign them to team members and mark the status of them. This would allow for easy allocation and management of tasks, streamlining communication for all, and a historical record of when task were opened and completed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sharepoint document search

When you add a tab for a Sharepoint document library you can't currently search it, its just a long list. A search bar here would be great.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ellipses option on every post to add thread as a link on a wiki

One difficulty we are having is getting back to past chat threads that are important to our channel...at the moment the choice we have is to endlessly scroll or search.

The text messaging we do in our personal lives really doesn't have that much of a need to scroll back to earlier messages. But in the enterprise we are working on activities over time, and may need to visit a thread from a couple of weeks ago to continue working on it

It would be good if an ellipses on a post would have a selection to add it to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Files can set default folder path or save opened folder.

Hi Teams,

When I open the Files in the Teams, I prefer to open my last folder or I can set default folder One Drive path in files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chat sort order

Hi there
    is it possible to change the sort order of chat, so that the newest posts are displayed on top - and not as now the oldest. 

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

We have this — your chats appear in most recent to oldest, EXCEPT your favorite chats, which currently appear in the order of which you have favorited them.

11. Allow users with on-prem mailboxes to configure Connectors

We are piloting teams as a persistent chat solution, however due to some constraints, we cannot have mailboxes hosted in the cloud, and our users currently have their mailbox on premise. We are unable to configure Connectors with this current configuration. Please allow on-prem mailboxes to configure Connectors.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. control f fuctionality

a way to search within the window you have open.

Similar to browser functionality and word/excel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attach file within user created sharepoint folder

When attaching a file to a conversation within Teams using the 'Browse Teams and Channels' allow visibility of all folders within the Documents section of the SharePoint section for each Team other than folders created within the Teams Files tab, i.e. folders that were created in the SharePoint document interface.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable sharing system sounds during screen-sharing

We've been using Skype so far to review projects internally, and liked to have the option to share system sounds while screen-sharing (some of our projects are videos with voiceovers).

Would it be possible to add the same functionality in Teams?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. more channels

I've favorited all of the channels I have access to, and yet, Teams is telling me I have 148 more? And yet, if I click the 148 more, there is nothing there. That 148 continuously increases with any action within teams. Further, colleagues who haven't favorited all of them, now can't even see them because there's nothing there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Teams Azure AD Admin Role

Create a Microsoft Teams Azure AD Admin Role for organizations to have a more task oriented Security design around the service. Basically, the Global Admin is very privileged, and the Teams services is not something that a Global Admin, in large enterprises, really needs to management. An Admin role in Azure AD would allow the service management teams for Microsoft Teams to implement settings on the Teams services directly, and create, read, update, delete existing teams. This should be possible leveraging the Microsoft Graph.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Where are the July/August release notes?

Where are the July/August release notes?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are deep in work, that results late replay

need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are in deep work, that results late replay.
    my idea is like you could add MS Team notifications to visual studio, that results ask things to work easy is the one way of enterprsing the application.
    and add a notification flag to right side corner like the star now added to this site as a number of notifications with glowing, that will be draggable to any place on the desktop itself
    please see the attached file star

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make possible to sort teams alphabetically or what would be the best to sotri it up to me

Please make possible to sort teams alphabetically or what would be the best to sotri it up to me

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Banners show   where usernames have a space in them

When a username has a space in it (or a first and last name) the banner renders with   instead of the space.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base