Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pictures App Tab

Right now, the only way to browse through pictures that are stored in our SharePoint Pictures app is to embed it into a Web Tab. It would be much nicer if the Pictures app had its own tab.

Thanks

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better sending of files between team and personal OneDrives.

It would be awesome to be able to send files from my personal OneDrive (in the Files section) to one of the team drives.

When you right click it could say "Send to team...". If you click on it, it will pop out a list of your teams. You select a team, and it pops up with a dialogue similar to the Share File dialogue in chat to choose where to save it.

Additionally, in the Team > Channel > Files tab, there could be a Add File from My OneDrive, that pops up with a Dialogue similar to the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cleanly remove connectors

This is not an enhancement but a bug but there seems to be no place to report it.

I had tried adding the Asana connector as a test, but decided it's not what I'm looking for so want to remove it. After doing so, every day my team receives an error complaining that the account has been removed.

How do I cleanly remove the connector??

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. File version summary showing that a file has changed, new updates, who changed files, conversations about content, etc

We are using teams to collaborate on files. Is is possible to be able to see when files are changed or the review process has been undertaken. For instance, if I upload a file and need someone to review the file, I would need to tag the person but I don't have a common view of this.

Can I get notifications when a file has been changed?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. we should be able to create invites for the group within a chanel and not have to invite persons individually

we should be able to create invites for the group within a chanel and not have to invite persons individually

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copying from Visual Studio and Pasting into Teams should keep colors and formatting.

Copying and pasting from Visual Studio into teams should keep the source formatting and color. Copying from VS to MS Word to Teams keeps the formatting.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Admin Control - Connectors

I would like to be able to have admin control over which Connectors are available for use with Microsoft Teams. These controls do not appear to be present today. For example I want to block the Facebook and Twitter connectors from use in our entire org with Microsoft Teams.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Renaming a Microsoft Team

Currently when you rename a Microsoft Team it changes the display name to the new team name however on the backend in Exchange the old email address and alias remain, and a new email address with the new team name does not get created. When a Microsoft Team gets renamed it would be nice if a new email address and alias get assigned, and the old email address get shifted to a secondary alias.

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. slightly larger status indicator

Would like the status ball to be just a little bit bigger; maybe 50% bigger

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Power BI - Reload Tab Needs to Work Properly

The reload tab button on a Power BI Report doesn't do anything. the tab just flashes and it doesn't attempt to pull the newest version of the report, if it is available. This needs to be fixed to avoid having to re-launch teams to fix reports that are stuck with old data.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

1,825 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

435 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Love the product- couple things: Window panes and chat screen on Tabs

Please make Window panes adjustable so I can customize the size of my workspace. Also, for example on the Files tab- I can't figure out how to close the "chat" pane on the right. Please allow that functionality (or make it more intuitive).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot view emoji's

Hi Guys, Love MS Teams so far - however myself and few colleagues are stuggling to be able to view emoji's in the web app or locally downloaded version.

We just see a blank text space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a favorites tab that keeps my favorite teams and chats in one place.

On the left-hand panel there should be a "Favorites" Tab, that list all of my favorited Teams and chats in one place. Having two separate tabs for Teams and Chats is annoying. Also, when you go to the "Favorties tab" it should group the Teams and Chats separately. Thanks.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display channel members

I know this can be seen on a separate screen, but if you're going to take the IRC model, don't leave out some of the best parts. I'd like to see a channel member list down the right side, like you can get in Slack and IRC. This could be especially useful in the integrated microsoft environment, plus I like to see who I'm talking to.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. translate links to gifs into gifs

Please add functionality to translate direct links to gifs into the gif itself. Slack has this.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Save this message" button prevents selection of the ending of the message

Not possible no select the ending of the message because of this button.

Probably it should not appear on top of the text, but maybe somewhere on the right

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let admins manage updates

For corporate use please let stop automatic updates and user side updates.
    Admins can deploy updates in a managable way

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Design Mockup tool

It would be really great to see some sort of integration with either a Microsoft product (such as Visio) or third party app like NinjaMock to allow us to have a tab for screen designs and various mockups for projects. Exporting the designs to PDF would be the only way to do it at the moment, but that is only useful when the design is final

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

1,165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base