Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When a tab has been edited (excel or any file), indicate that the channel is updated

For any tab, for example an excel file, if the file is modified at any time, indicate that the channel has an update available. This could include a visual in the channel listing, as well as bolding the tab label

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the Mac App

• Can't find it in Mac App Store

• Weird first run experience (very un-Maclike)

• Didn't know which monitor it was on (had windows on both)

• Ignored system level text replacements when trying to log in (I have a shortcut for my fairly long email address)

• Non-standard UI, and not in a good "I hope this takes off" way

• Non-standard emojis automatically used when you type keyboard ones (e.g. ;) is turned into a horrible animated winking face that looks like it is leering at me... but it also lets you insert system native ones alongside them for added confusion)

• A garish…
    59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Secret Emoticons not working in Teams

The secret emoticons (Which are awesome by the way), don't work in Teams.
    Could we please have these turned on??

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow adding or editing Teams SharePoint site Content Types

Would absolutely love the ability to add templates and forms into content types in the document library created by teams in the team SharePoint site. So that when someone goes to add a new document they have the ability to choose from templates and the content types I put into SharePoint. Also some more of the standard site features of a standard SP site would be lovely (I.E. workflows and the like)

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Schedule a meeting that does not include yourself

Make it possible to schedule a meeting involving members of your team but not include yourself. This would allow, say, and admin member of a team to arrange a meeting for other members of the team without the meeting appearing on their own calendar.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

This should be working via the web client.

Can users confirm if you are still having this issue? Please let me know in the comments below.

-Warren

7. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Images in Wiki are very small

Please allow for larger/better quality images in the Wiki section.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Channel Connector Errors

I have a team and I get an error when I try to get to the connectors tab:

:-(
    Something went wrong.
    We can't find that group. It may have been deleted. Please verify whether the group exists.:The requested group 'invalidGroup' is invalid.

There's no more information than that. No way to fix that I can find. (Heck, no way to actually know what the **** the error IS for that matter.) All I get is a request Id and a server.

RequestId: 0c040c00-916a-4e21-89fc-4e9c877e7247
    Server: DM2PR0501MB1533

Mind actually giving us something to work with or search for to find an…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access

When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access the application as it keeps trying to open it on my other monitor which at that time isn't connected making it inaccessible.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to subscribe to desktop notifications while opting out of mobile notifications for the same channel.

While working on my computer, I like to see my desktop notifications for my channels that I'm following. However, I don't like to get all of the notifications on my mobile when I'm not working. It would be great to have an option for "desktop and mobile" and another option for "desktop only" or something along those lines.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have option to not send message by hitting Enter (Like LinkedIn)

I keep hitting enter to create a line space in my messages which goes ahead and actually sends the message instead of inserting a paragraph break. LinkedIn gives you a setting option so that you can function that way or set it so that you have to hit send before the message jets off to its recipient.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop logging out of mobile app

I use the Teams app when I am away from my desk but a few hours may go by before I notice I've been logged out and missing communication. We shouldn't have to re-log in and continuously check our status on the app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yammer Connector: Support for private groups

We have large private groups that we want to connect to Teams, but can't because the connector options we need are limited to public groups.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding new folders to OneDrive through Teams

When adding folders to OneDrive from Teams pressing Enter/Return does not add the folder. I have to click the 'Create' button.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add in E-mail and e-mail functionality

Teams could be a one stop shop application if it also integrated e-mail. Potentially under the file icon you could put an icon for e-mail and teams could work like an e-mail client. Again - I would use this exclusively - no longer have to have skype, outlook, one drive etc... all open when its all right here. Really would be amazing.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to have an on-going call session

Within a team, it would be nice to have a separate voice channel that users could just hop into and out of. That way members can do impromptu meetings for whoever is available.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sharepoint tab linked to a list, a library or even a specific view

At present, when adding a SharePoint tab, you can only link to a site. Since sites may be shared among several teams, team members will still have to browse the site to find material relevant for the actual channel. It would be nice if a tab could pull up a specific custom list, library or even a specific view of a library. That would keep stuff on the site in context for that particular channel.

1,036 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't shift click to move and it opens off screen when switching between work and home

Exactly as description says, can't use the shift right click on task bar trick to move a window that opened off screen for some reason. Please fix that or make sure the title bar is on screen!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
    However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
    At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
    everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
    for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
    We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in…

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base