Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renaming tabs

When renaming a tab, the related tab conversation retains the original tab name as its title, and there is no option to rename it. Tab conversations should be renamed automatically when the tab they relate to is renamed. Or at least there should be an option to change the title of the related tab conversation.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd like to be able to right click > correct spelling in Teams and Channels!

Spelling and grammar [red underlined] highlights appear but cannot be actioned in Teams or Channels - anywhere. Please fix this!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. links

Can you add a "links" tab so that we can list links to websites opening in a separate browser? There are many, many websites and articles that we need to reference but that will not open with the https-iFrame Websites Tab. If you can't do this, how do you suggest we post links (aside from within a buried conversation)?

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show team members in optional sidebar next to chat

Currently to see team members you have to go to an entirely different view from the chat view.

That makes sense for team admin, but it would also be nice to have a quick reference list on the right/left of the team chat like HipChat has.

This is helpful for 2 reasons. First, just as a reminder of who will see your message in case you need to limit your audience, or ensure you have everyone you need while typing your message. Second is that with the list right there you can have a quick reminder of who you can…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. being able to co-author on a document as in sharepoint

being able to work on and co-author a document as in sharepoint

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In status option like Skype for business we can't change the status idle time

In status option like Skype for business we can't change the status idle time

1. show me inactive when the computer has been idle for this minutes

2. change the status from inactive to away after this many minutes

3. status has been changed from available to away in few minutes itself

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. sort order planning tab

Ability to order the task alphabetically or on create date, due date ...

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mac OS Open App at Login

Mac OS Open Teams at Login
    Normally in Mac OS (currently Sierra 10.12.4), applications can be added to items to open at login (System Preferences>Users & Groups>Login Items). We have noticed that Microsoft Teams does not open after login when this is configured. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow meetings shown in Teams that come from Outlook to bring Outlook's categorization

Teams shows all the meetings that I have scheduled via Outlook, but it does not show the color-coded categorization that I have applied in Outlook's calendar. If this could come across into Teams, it would help me keep my different project meetings organized.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the posts searchable by date.

I often have the need to search the conversations for a specific comment on a specific date.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "My Tasks" function for Planner tabs in Team, similar to how Planner works.

If I'm primarily using Teams, and I have many tasks spread across multiple channels, the only way to see all my tasks is to go to Planner. That is the only reason to go to Planner. It would be much more efficient if I could see my Teams-assigned Planner tasks directly in Teams.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to remove/hide conversations from the Chat sidebar

The Chat section keeps all conversations. I tend to have individual chats with a lot of people and there may be weeks between our chats. It would be nice to have an option to remove or hide a chat with an individual user until the next time I/they send something. The same is true for chats with multiple users. I may create an adhoc chat with a couple of people to discuss a specific issue and may not ever need it again. I would like to be able to remove those from the list.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easier way to view photos

Right now I have a folder in my Files tab with a bunch of photos. The only way to view those photos is to open the folder in sharepoint, then view each photo one by one. I can at least easily click from one to the next, however if I'm trying to find a specific photo, I just have to click through one by one until I find it. Ideally I'd like a tab in Teams that is specifically for photo viewing. Similar to a phone, or a folder on my desktop, I'd like to easily jump between viewing thumbnails,…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Teams web app available in Safari

I receive a message hat is coming soon...any updates?

263 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently in Preview – planned to release very soon.

In the following weeks, Teams will be rolling out support on Safari 11+ on macOS. While in preview, there are known issues with Safari’s ITP mode and it is advised that users disable Safari’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention.

16. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

640 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams startup in system tray only

Please create an option for Teams to startup in the system tray only. I can get more people to use it that way! I really like this app so far!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Desktop App requires login to app AND connections every time

When using the desktop app we are required to log in every time to Office 365 when the app loads AND when the Planner tab loads. We have O365 connected with SAML to our portal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. wikis templates

Templates - Usually Wikis goes by some set formula for a specific team, for example my tech support team should write wikis with the same headers, problem description, root cause, solution, version..
    a set template could be very helpful

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the bug in @mentions

When you type an @ sign for a mention, and then need to backspace or otherwise correct a typo in the name you're typing - then the @mention function no longer works. 30 minutes later the "@" sign still won't bring up the list. If you type the name you want exactly - including both first and last name as the awkward implementation of this feature requires - still doesn't work.

This seems like a minor issue but it happens to a least a couple of people everyday. Not being able to notify someone with a message is such a…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base