Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Planner checklist, description, Attachment

It would be nice if we could see checklist, description and attachment details at the same time on the task card.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quoting previous Messages

A collegue of mine discovered this in markdown formatting (if you include a ">" before a paragraph it formats it as a quote, then 2xShift+Return to exit quote). This is a useful feature when trying to give context to a response that occurs later in a conversation thread.

Quoting should be a more integrated feature. I'm picturing a "quote" button below the message window that when you select it, it opens another window where you can select a message you want to quote. The tool should automatically date/time stamp the quote, format it the same as the markdown method, and…

1,968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  229 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save & share documents with Onedrive in Teams! Sharepoint must be merge it!

I think we must make Teams more user friendly, the sharepoint must be closed because we don’t need it! We have Onedrive to save documents and we can share it with Teams ! i understand not why you bringing many the same functions! You must Merge same functionalty to make it smaller and userfrindly! Then you must make, that we can share channls with different users. Because expamle: if we have a Marketing Division (Team), i don’t want that all users or certain users can see certain documents.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to share Office 365 Videos from the Video channel

Required ability to share the Office 365 Videos (through embed code). So that it is possible to have conversation around the video.

Or

Have a separate Video Channel/hub for each Team.

Thank you.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How many members of the team are available online

I want to see which of my team members in the channel are available online at the time, and the list of the people who are following the channel. This is important because we have a global team working across different timezones. That way, I can communicate with the member, let's say, who is working in US, without looking at the Skype whether he/she is online at the time. This kind of feature shows up in Slack (pic attached).
    Thanks.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Zapier

Bring Zapier integration! Please Please Please!!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to sort Teams in ascending or descending order

As the list of Teams grow in number, it will be very useful if there is a button that will allow a user to list Teams in ascending or descending order. This is useful when you do not know the exact name of Teams that was added.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
    I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
    I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window…

2,083 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

282 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can incoming emails sent into a channel generate notifications the same way conversations do?

If I'm following a channel I'd like to be able to receive notifications on ALL activity in that channel. The biggest thing that's missing is the ability to get banner notifications and a number in the Teams icon (like when someone posts a new conversation) for incoming emails to the channel.

We want to have a group of people monitor automated alerts coming into a channel and respond to them but without notifications we have to keep bringing the Teams window up and manually checking it.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team. No ETA for a decision yet.

-Warren

10. Easy navigation back to other Microsoft Apps

Once I'm in the Microsoft Teams experience, I haven't been able to find an easy and simple ways to open up the other Microsoft Apps other than through documents (like navigating to OneDrive or SharePoint). Could there be a simple symbol or button that would open up a sidebar with all of the other Microsoft Apps so I can quickly move between them and teams?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Metadata / Customized Views in Files Tab

Show Metadata in the Files Tab to easily see, add and change metadata. (It seems that now you have do all that in Sharepoint)

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the download function of files allow you to select the destination

Currently files are downloaded only to the DOWNLOAD folder. Allow a save as function / select download location.

3,288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

468 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better integrate meetings with rooms and OneNote

The meetings tab is really under utilized. Would love ability to start a room based on meeting, include link to one note notes, etc.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a Microsoft Team based on a Office 365 Group created in Yammer

Office 365 Groups is supposed to be a single definition for a Group across all Office 365 services. However, Microsoft Teams cannot be based on Office 365 Groups created in Yammer. Please fix this so that Yammer Groups and Microsoft Teams are more tightly integrated. Fragmentation of Office 365 Groups will result otherwise.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have different users for different channels

Allow different people in a group to be assigned to different channels. E.g. A,B,C,D are all in Team X and all in the General channel, but A,B are in Y Channel, A,C,D are in Z Channel, etc.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,375 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

17. Extra tabs on the iPad version

Hello, I love Teams and my project team also loved it. So we ahve defined new tabs or pages to manage our meetings nd so on.
    When I use Teams on my iPad i can't see them.
    Woukld it be available soon?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Place Saved Conversations Top Left Navigation

"Saved" conversations should appear under "Activity" or somewhere else in the left bar navigation as shown in the screenshot below.

Currently "Saved" appears in the sub menu of my profile

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Asana doesn't connect or allow login

• from desktop app it doesn't connect when prompted to login.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set theme preference for each team

Another idea from Slack, but one I miss more and more. In Slack, you can set a personal preference on what theme to use for each team you are signed into. I guess this would require more themes other than the light/dark/high contrast, but having this ability makes it a lot easier to determine what team's channel I am currently viewing without having to read anything.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base