Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. clear or trashcan recent member chat threads

Would like the ability to clear a member chat/thread from the Recent listing pane. For example, trashcan the T-Bot recent chat thread. Might be nice to have a trashcan then purge option, with team admin control over the purge option

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Landscape mode in iOS/Android app

Landscape support for iOS would be a real differentiation point to Slack. Slack lacks support for years now. Users of plus size devices would love to read and type to a channel. If you use a Plus size device in landscape and switch to Teams it is quiet annoying that the orientation switches to Portrait as well.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Planner activities assigning by multiple members

It will be amazing if you guys include multiple assignees in activities on Planner.
    It will also be a good improvement if you add the option of including external members for colaboration.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would like to have a Teams Soft Phone

I hate Jabber as a chat agent, and the Skype underneath, already takes care of the screen sharing, and team collaboration via chat. However, it makes for a pretty good soft phone, but I would love it if Microsoft could partner with Cisco, or something be done to add a Soft Phone to the Teams ecosystem.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show me the number of channel followers

In Slack I can see the members of a channel, but I also know at a glance how many people are in the channel. With Teams I can see the team members but it is hard to get a quantity. Also, I don't know how to see who is following a given channel in the team. If I have a dead channel I want to know so I can remove it.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share documents on OneDrive for business in multiple teams

I'd like to be able to a file I have created on OneDrive for business with multiple teams.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Editing a previous message is not intutive

If I start to edit a previous message in Slack, pressing the ESC key cancels the edit. In Teams there is no keyboard shortcut. You must click the Delete icon and then say Ok to delete the draft. I've never heard of clicking a Delete icon in order to cancel changes.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to hide or minimize gifs (at user level)

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

9. "Sticky" one liner on top of channels, used for members out of office, latest build numbers, etc

Customizable one liner on top of channels. This will help team members know who's out of office (unavailable) and/or latest build being released. Or, pizza in the conference room :)

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Windows Insider-like Teams bug reporting

We're having a number of issues with Teams (Connectors apparently not connecting, slow notifications in general, etc etc) which do not seem to fit into this UserVoice forum for future suggestions. I'm hesitant to use the help forum, as Suphatra has noted that it's not actively monitored by the Teams team (!), but I also don't want to actively fill this forum with bug reports.

Is there a best practices for filling out bug reports? The Windows Insider team is doing a good job with this, might there be something similar in here?

For the record, I don't seem to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey Kip, it’s Suphatra.

So, right now I’m not outfitted to triage bugs from the general public. Then I’d never see my family, and I’m pretty sure they aren’t down with that. Right now we’re validating and bug triaging only from beta customers and internally, but that will change over time as the product matures.

I have added a category in UserVoice called “Bugs” (I just added it today!). So that people can view and vote on bugs that have happened to them. I’d like to see if we find patterns of bugs.

For now, I hope that helps. You can always email me or ping me on Twitter at @skprufo if a bug has really ruined your day.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

11. Email settings

I keep getting emails (e.g. when I am unavailable for a chat message) saying "Rather not get these emails? Head over to the app, click Settings and then Notifications to edit your preferences." But, the Windows 10 app has no such setting, or, it is extremely well hidden!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support OneNote Tags in Teams

I know there are several requests for better overall OneNote integration, but here is a specific request:

Enable use of "Find Tags" within Teams. This could be a decent workaround until full-text search for Wiki/OneNote tabs is possible (for those of us wanting to use Teams as a knowledge base)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create call from meeting screen

When on the meetings screen you can see the participants for a meeting, it would be great if you could call all those people from the same screen!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Embedded URL shortener

Embed a URL shortener in chat or conversations. Provide the ability to add a URL to a work.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transparent Icon

Handle transparency in Team icons. Currently an image with transparency will display transparent areas black.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pin wiki menu

Would like to see the ability to pin the Wiki menu once you are in the tab. Every time you go to the tab after reopening your browser you have to open the menu again to display all the pages/sections

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Posted Moved File Handling

When a file is moved or renamed after it has been uploaded and posted to a channel, the link referenced in the conversation in that channel never gets updated, therefore leaving a broken link with an existing conversation.
    If Teams is intelligent enough to post the file to the channel, and handles the move, it should be able to find and update the posted locations in the channels.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Small Icons Notifications

When using small icons for the Windows task bar, the red notification showing that there is content you want to be notified about does not appear.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full API to write/receive messages so we can create new clients or integrate it into other tools

Slack has a full API, so people can write their own client apps or integrate Slack messaging into existing apps. Would be great to have something similar. Especially combined with giving external users access to Teams.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,952 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base