Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search functionality in chats & also filter by member so that only that member messages will be viewed

Search functionality in chats & also filter by member so that only that member messages will be viewed

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. eSoftTools 7z Password Recovery software

eSoftTools 7z password Recovery Software. This tool can work with all editions of the 7z file and Windows version up to 10. The GUI of this tool is very simple for all 7z file users even technical or non-technical can use it without getting any problem. The 7z users can easily recover 7z file that is created with any combination of characters or any length. The software also offers three advanced recovery techniques like- brute force attack, mask attack, and dictionary attack to easily unlock the encrypted 7z file. You can also get a free demo version of this software…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Toll free dial-out number in a Teams meeting is added as a unknown user

When a user joins a meeting and the user has been assigned a toll free number, he selects join with phone audio but teams will say “a unknow user has join

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want the public information of directory search uses Exchange address book policy (APB) to allow organizations

I want the public information of directory search uses Exchange address book policy (APB) to allow organizations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View all files in Files tab in Microsoft Teams

I would like to see all files in Files tab in Microsoft Teams. I would like to view all shared files in Files tab for my chat (private and group) and channel chats.

Currently I have to go to the shared file location to see them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show the full email message which is more than 25kb when sent to the channel

Please show the full email message whose size is more than 25kb when we post it to the channel. It is inconvenient that we cannot view the full message, and we see the warning, "The email message is too large to display here. Click on "Download original email" below to see it."

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There is no "Save as" option for files in Microsoft Teams so please implement such a feature

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のファイルの "名前を付けて保存" ができない。
    There is no "Save as" option for files in Microsoft Teams so please implement such a feature

■Description(内容):
    現時点では、 "名前を付けて保存" の選択肢がないため、ローカルでファイルを作成後に Microsoft Teams にアップロードする方法となる。 Microsoft Teams 上で編集した際 "名前を付けて保存" で新規ファイルとして保存ができるような機能の実装を希望します。
    Currently there is no "Save as" option so the only alternative is to create files locally first before uploading those files to Microsoft Teams. Please implement a feature that allows saving of new files using the "Save As" option when editing on Microsoft Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please let normal users edit shifts in the Teams Shifts app

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チームのシフトアプリについて
    Please let normal users edit shifts in the Teams Shifts app

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams のシフトアプリでは、チームの所有者以外のユーザーがアイテムを作成、編集することができません。
    チームの所有者ではないユーザーでもシフトの編集を可能とする設定の実装を要望します。
    Currently only the team owner can create and edit items for the Microsoft Teams Shifts app, and all other users cannot do the same.
    Thus I hope that a configuration will be implemented to enable users that are not team owners to edit shifts as well.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share the existing Whiteboard in Teams meeting

I would like to share the existing Whiteboard in Teams meeting.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please still display Teams name in Teams head

After Dec.13 Teams update, the team name is not displayed anymore beside with channel name on the top of right hand screen, it is very hard to know which team you are working, specially if you have many teams, similar channel names, for example, General channel, hard to find out which team’s General if team name is not shown. Can have an option to let users to choose if can display Team name or hide Team name to get more work space?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need detail information of URLs to be registered in Trusted Sites

The current information of URLs need to be registered in Trusted Sites noted in the following public information is too broad as URL range.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-sign-in/sign-in-loop

We would like to ask more detail URL information that are narrowed down the range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to add guest users to a private channel

When creating a private channel in a team and inviting new guest users to the channel, you cannot add the users to the channel successfully.

There is a workaround, but it isn’t the solution for the underlying problem. So, please improve the behavior.

・ Workaround: Delete the guest user > Re-invite the guest user and add him

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please give an option to just keep Voicemail in MS Teams and not be sent to Outlook.

Please give an option to just keep Voicemail in MS Teams and not be sent to Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UPN displayed when searching for a user

When searching for a user in the Teams app, the UPN is displayed below.
    Options should be implemented that allow you to hide or select the information to be displayed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add search by keyword (e.g. position, location) to the Organizational Chart

I am currently able to search for a person in my organization and view the org chart. It would be very helpful to also search by a position or person's location. If I don't know the name of someone but I know what they work on or where, I could connect to more people and greatly improve communication within the organization.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync status of contacts with Outlook and Skype for Business

The statuses shown for contacts in Teams are not the same as that shown in Outlook or Skype for Business, thus I cannot trust Teams accuracy fully. It is my feeling that this is a BIG ISSUE / PROBLEM.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a "Under Review = Draft" Tab for the Task Planner

Adding a Draft/Under Review option could help alert those sign to a task or monitoring tasks to see what stage the project is on. In progress is a pretty broad category and could not indicate how far the task is along.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop asking if we like the app

We only need to be asked if we like the app once. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. add ability to notify when available to a contact search results. i see it in recent chats and list of contacts, but not on search

add ability to notify when available to a contact search results. i see it in recent chats and list of contacts, but not on search

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't remove the Risky Sign in view.

Don't remove the risky sign in view.
    It is the most useful view to show attempts to hack into users accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base