Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optimize Microphone Pick up and sound quality

Optimize the pick up of sound like Skype using B&O

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple emotes

I read something that I found I wanted to acknowledge part of it and show surprise on the other part of the statement. I tried to emote on 2 different emotes and it seems can only do one overwriting previous one. Would like to emote on multiple emotes...that and adding custom can allow for multi tiered feedback as needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow focusing on a video for conversation (whisper mode)

When in a meeting, especially if I'm helping someone specifically (like a student), or trying to work with others on my team to present something to others. It would be nice if I could select a person's video and have my audio routed only to them.

We'd still be in the same room with everyone viewing our video, but our audio channels would be connected to each other only. This would be like a teacher going over to a student to provide some specific help without taking the kid outside the class. Or, I might want to remind someone presenting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. files

When working on a document in teams (not in desktop app), it is NOT intuitive how to close the working document BUT remain in the folder. There needs to be an "X" in the top right that closes the document but remains in the folder structure of the Channel. It always throws me back to the Posts page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CHANGE THE LANGUAGE ONCE ENTERED, IM LATINO AND I NEED CHANGE TO SPANISH

I need to change the language, I'm Spanish, I put Teams in English but now I need to change that. I need an option to CHANGE THE LANGUAGE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Communicative yes/no/agree/disagree emojis

My teammates and I often find ourselves wanting to quickly reply to a message in a chat with a large number of participants. For example, we could be in a video/voice call with 80+ participants, and someone might type into the chat something like "Do you guys think X is a good idea?", or maybe "I think X is a good idea". In these situations, a thumbs up emoji doesn't really communicate effectively, so we are left with dozens of people typing "@John Doe Yes" or maybe "@John Doe I disagree". If there were yes/no/agree/disagree emojis, we could quickly take…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete feature for messages and calls?????

It would be GREAT if you could actually delete old messages and calls. I feel that TEAMS is very clunky. Seeing all of those old messages is irritating. I like seeing cleaned out call lots and inboxes. No idea why there isn't a delete feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve taking notes efficiency

I like the idea that the notes are stored with the meeting and meeting series. Right now, the note taking application is very limited. During meetings, it is very hard to take notes since only the small sidebar is available to take notes. This view does not allow efficient reediting / restructuring notes while typing. Also no pictures or snapshots can be added. In an ideal note taking application, I would like:

• Have an efficient editor that can be either resized or can be popped out allowing to take notes while presenting content

• Allow to copy-paste images/screenshots into notes

• Auto…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable the enter key for the send function

Please give the option to disable the enter key for sending chat messages. I can' t tell you how many times my coworkers and I have accidentally hit the enter key in the midst of typing a chat message. It would be great to have the option to disable the enter key as the send button.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. @mention in planner tasks with notification

It should be possible to mention specific people with @name in the comments of planner.

The respective should be notified accordingly.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assignment Due Tomorrow, Remember to Turn it in!

An email or app notification that notifies 1 day before assignment due.

You have no idea how many times this thing has saved me in google classroom.

I turned in an assignment on ms teams late just now becuase I forgot it was due earlier this time, so annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Environmental and Sustainability Performance of our meeting

Hi,
    I have a new idea related to reflect the environmental performance while using the MS teams.
    i am working as environmental auditors and ive noticed a lot of people interested to present how much they protect the environment using your application and what is the positive impact by reducing the transportation, fuel, Electricity, ACs.
    i believe if have an option that the attendees can enter specific data and the related Carbon Foot Print are identified
    e.g. Milage and Fuel Saving per attendance
    Electricity Saving
    Chiller Saving
    ...etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Alerts

It would be nice if when a team member changed a file or just updated it that it would alert everyone on the team or that group that it was updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rename a Deleted Channel

Right now the suggested workaround for not being able to re-use a previously deleted channel name is to restore the channel, rename it, then delete it again.

How about allowing us to rename a channel in the "Deleted" area of the "Channels" management tab within the "Manage team" area? This would save some steps.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16927219-re-using-the-same-channel-name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to block shared accounts

When using the search bar in Teams, our O365 shared accounts often show up in the results, and often our users will try to send a message or otherwise engage with the shared account via Teams. However, shared accounts aren't fully licensed and I wouldn't think they should even be accessible in the Teams app. I've read there is the option to hide the shared account from the global address list to hide it in Teams, but that would also go and hide the account in Outlook as well, which we can't have.

It would be nice to selectively hide/disable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do not show "'Collaborate From Anywhere Chat in real time, meet online and share files all in one place." in Outlook

When opening Outlook 2016 recently, users were greeted with the info bar and a link to download Teams. We don't use or install Teams with office and I'd appreciate it if MS stopped trying to force their app on my staff. I worked with 365 support to find the only way to prevent this was to turn off shared experiences, which also breaks functionality we do use. Please stop trying to force firms to use the tools you want and allow us to use what already works for us.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automated introduction queue. When we have a group it is annoying, and cumbersome to have one person try to coordinate introduction

Automated introduction queue.
    When we have a group it is annoying, and cumbersome to have one person try to coordinate introductions... why can't this be an automated function?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reminder for Meetings in calendar

I wish that I could have added reminder 10 minutes before the meeting starts.
    similar to what we have in outlook.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate voice-changing technology for fun or for anonymous calls.

Integrate voice-changing technology for fun or for anonymous calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base