Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add personal tabs

Allow us to have our tabs like my personal Site tab or Planner.
    With personal tabs I can customize my experience with Teams and add functionalities.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ToDoist integration

ToDoist is one of the most widely used task managers for business and personal use. Having Teams integrate with this product would be fantastic.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog. I’ll keep you posted as it moves through the development process.
    -Warren

4. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

358 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

5. "Jump to Channel" Keyboard shortcut

Similar to CTRL+K kb shortcut for Slack. I use this often and I'm sure most do as well. It's much easier to just to a channel rather than click through them.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shared folders

Allow to enter the shared folders on One drive! Otherwise its useless to use teams if i have no access to folders which are shared with me

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Public groups

Add the option to create a list with groups that already exist on the company. So we can contact someone from the team on the designated group without creating a Team and having infinitives teams created.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Conversations/Topics per Channel

It would be great if we could add additional Conversation Tabs to channels.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search for Jira Issue number

When a new Jira Issue is posted to a channel, the title of the Issue is searchable, but not the content. I would at least like to be able to search for the Jira Issue number.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifications within Teams

I'd like to see a notification bubble for new posts (of any type) in the Teams I'm in (yes, I'm already following) just as I can see for chats. It's an extra step for me to have to click through the teams to see if there's new activities. I'd like to be notified as soon as activities happen.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Go native for Desktop

Please, for the love of sweet candy, go native on Desktop platforms.

I'm looking for an alternative for Slack as it uses electron which sucks every last bit of RAM it possibly can before destroying your computer in a sweet sweet fire. After seeing the wonderful performance of Office I was really hoping this would be native!

Please, someone with the development experience and financial backing of Microsoft must be able to accomplish this in your sleep. Surely?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change picture size in wiki

You should be able to change the size of a picture when pasting into wiki pages.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Table of Contents to wiki interface

A Table of contents for a specific Wiki Page (one with plenty of sections)
    Or a table of contents for multiple Wiki pages under the same Hierarchy is very important, for when your wiki becomes larger.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nested conversations. Mimic what Facebook does with comments...and anyone can reply to any comment anywhere.

Mmic what FB is doing with comments/conversations. Let anyone reply to any comment no matter where it is or when in the tree of the conversation. Allow a sub-conversation to be mirrored as a top level discussion as an option to de-clutter it but leave it in the original place so that the history of the sub-conversation remains intact.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Word :Share as attachment

Wanting to share a document from any of the MS Office Suite programs to Teams from an android phone? No luck.

Word
    Excel
    Power Point
    One Note

List

No Teams

No Skype Enterprise

WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook all accounted for but no sharing a document to a team member or channel.

You own both sets of software.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Within the chat section there doesn't appear to be an intuitive way to refresh the content.

Changing machines from one computer or cell phone to another machine; there doesn't seem to be a way to refresh the content of the screen. I can't see the continuation of my chat from another device without closing and opening the application. If there is a way to refresh, I'm not seeing it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
    It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

2,721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.

Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
    -Warren

18. Support actions (buttons) in mobile app

Currently actions (e.g. the response buttons of the Polly bot) are only available on the desktop and browser clients.

In some of our scenarios (e.g. voting where to go for lunch, while 2 of 6 people are still on the road) this is a show stopper which prevents us to use Teams in this case.

It would be great if the mobile apps support actions/buttons. In our case, we would use this in combination with the custom webhook functionality to move a lot more user interactions from other systems into Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Select Default File Repositiry

As most companies already have an established File Repository either in O365, NAS or other cloud storage and cant afford to have users putting files in different locations due to confusion, allow the Team owner upon creation to specify a location for Files and use this location as the default when doing attachments and links.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)