Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it more like Slack

More emojis, google drive integration, call from web browser, support Linux, remove dumb features I.e read out loud, urgent messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Microsoft FindTime

Microsoft FindTime currently schedules Teams meetings and currently integrates with Outlook. However, it would be great to integrate FindTime directly into Teams so that team members could place a FindTime poll invite into the Conversation for a team, then use it to schedule the appropriate Teams meeting. Or, use FindTime instead of the Scheduling Assistant when creating a new meeting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable exit notifications for channels

We need the ability to disable exit notifications on a teams channels. For example when a user is terminated and we remove their license we don't want a notification going out to everyone that the user has been removed from the team. For HR reasons we want to communicate a persons termination through email, rather than have people get immediate notifications before we have the chance to communicate clearly with our team. Having the option to turn this post off would be ideal.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I find the graphics inane, cloying and childishly trendy in an embarrassingly self-conscious way. Can I turn them off?

I find the graphics inane, cloying and childishly trendy in an embarrassingly self-conscious way. Can I turn them off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API to control notifications

As an Engineer on Duty, I have to monitor/get notifications from some channels, such as new ticket/incident, alerts, community channels , etc.
    So I have to turn on the banner notifications for those. However, I don't need the notifications from those channels outside of my shift.
    I didn't find any way to to automate that. I'd like API, which allows to enable or disable certain channel notifications .
    I apologise if this is possible today. please provide the ref to doc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable alt+~ or ctrl+tab for tabbing between the items within teams application

For example, click on chat and then click on the teams panel and navigate to my sharepoint, if I press alt+~ then I would navigate back to the chat tab. Maybe even take it a step further and if I am in a chat and click on another chat within that panel, if I press ctrl+tab then it tabs between chats.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Edit message

Add the ability to Edit a Message ( Edit Message ), at least for a period of time, after sending. Typos happen. Autocorrect happens. Clarifying happens (chat doesn't have the topic concept that channels have) after sending. Other IMs have this feature (including Slack). Deleting and then re-sending looks terrible (since we can't hide "this message has been deleted").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Voice Messages to Bots

I realized on mobile you can send recorded messages to people but not to bots. It would be great feature to add line such as in Line and Whatsapp. Just limited to typing to bots limits the usefulness.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Microsoft Access Databases to TEAMs

Allow TEAMs to import Microsoft Access Data Bases and Files

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams Allow Domain List

Add the ability to create an allow domain list per Microsoft Teams (and Office Groups) instance. The only means to control allowed domain lists is at the Azure Active Directory tenant level. The SharePoint site collection allow domain list model is a good analogy where each site collection can have a dedicated allow domain list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Error in displaying OneNote Tab in Teams 2016 client

New error starting July 25, 2019 - Teams client will not display existing OneNote tabs. These are in several different Teams that have existed and worked fine for months now and suddenly have stopped working (just get blank screen). Have to open in One Note client/web or go to Teams web client. This is not acceptable to require a change in user behaviors. Please fix ASAP!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete Chat History and Cache

No one likes a full inbox, or conversations that appear endless. Teams should feel more like an instant messenger (less for documentation, and more for getting a quick message to someone). If I wanted long-term records for documentation purposes, I would use Outlook e-mail.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Favorites Section that combines all other things

Finding things is hard in Teams. Even finding your favorite Teams is hard. This encourages people to use Chat over Teams. Private Chats don't have all the cool features and they are exclusive.

I want to be able to favorite anything in teams and have it be available in one spot. Favorites would be a sibling to Activity, Chat, Teams, Files, ...

Allow us to favorite anything, then put it in one place to find again. Encourage using the right place instead of the easy place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it possible to dismiss notifications with middle click

It would be much quicker if we could dismiss the notifications with a single click of the wheel button, as most notifications on Windows do, instead of having to hunt for the hidden X on every single notification.

Cheers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search for People BUG

Actually this is a bug. I can not search for people because Teams can not find people based on fractions of their names, ex:
    "Rodrigez Yazvedo, Juan Maria" can not be found by typing "Juan Yazvedo" nor "Juan Rodrigez".

Teams is unable to find a person, unless I know the person's made-up Teams name (family name comma first name), and start typing a string that is contained as an exact sub-string within the made-up name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support of Reverse Number lookup also with Exchange OnPremise

Support of Reverse Number lookup also with Exchange OnPremise

In our Tenant, we have activated Direct Routing and connected the gateway cce.r-it.at and are currently thinking about using of MS-Team as a landline phone. In our test scenarios, we noticed that no names are displayed on the Teams-Client, although these are signaled via SIP to the Teams-phone-system and could also be resolved in the Active Directory. According to your Dennis Langer, this is because we are using Exchange OnPremise and the “Reverse Number Lookup” does not work. We will have low user acceptance for MS-Teams as a land line phone…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base