Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make real time syncing with web from desktop app

I have experienced issues with desktop app syncing immediately with web app or not syncing at all so when I am trying to work from my desktop app users of the web app aren't seeing the latest or sometimes don't even see a new channel i created, for example.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acknowledge exceptions for third party cookies instead of demanding a huge security hole!

I tried Chrome, IE 11, and Edge (don't get me started on the Edge issues!) and all required that third party cookies be fully enabled. It would not acknowledge an exception for all teams.microsoft.com addresses.

IE 11 is riddled with script errors and it prevents the download of the desktop app.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the customization of which video is displayed during a group video meeting.

During video calls, allow us to click on a person to force their video to take up the whole window (Including one's own camera!). Especially since some people do not turn on their video, their icon should not take up a portion of the screen that could be used to enlarge an active video broadcast. Thank you!!

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hearing ghost "Bloops"

This is a possible bug not a feature idea. I am hearing new IM notifications when there are no new IMs or new activity of any sort.

Is this a know issue?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. messaging

I think if we were to be able to message within a team, we should have both options of replying specifically to someone's response or reply and his enter. It seems kind of not efficient to have to click on "reply" every time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Kanban tab for a different VSTS login

When I try to add the VS Kanban tab it says I have to use my Microsoft Teams account. Currently I have two accounts, one is used for Office 365 and Teams, the other is used for VSO.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mobile app message count icon

When you get a new message on the mobile app the icon of the app should show the message count of new messages

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Planner: Paste pictures in a task from the clipboard

It could be great to enable the possibility to paste pictures in a task un Planner from the clipboard. Also to drag pictures from a folder / desktop...

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Planner: Filter by color

As the colors in Planner are referred to different labs, it could be nice to have the possibility of filter by colors.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. If a Team and Group site are linked, wiki pages should be the same documents

Having separate wiki systems for both will lead to confusion on where to find pages.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Secure wiki articles

I just created my first wiki article as a description how to fulfil a job.

I'm wondering about the fact others could not only read my article and comment it, they can also delete it.

Pls create a possibility to prevent wiki articles from delete by all persons

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to print and/or export a wiki page.

Provide the ability to print and/or export (Word, PDF, etc.) a wiki page(s) that is created under a Team's channel page.

1,455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still on the backlog. I will continue to track this item and provide updates as soon as I get new updates.

-Warren

13. Show Team Members on the right hand side

There should be a list of user who are on the team on the right hand side. That way, you know who you are talking to when you post to a group chat.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Help us SEARCH and FIND things in Teams

We want improvements to search:

CTRL+F SHORTCUT
    I wanto to find messages inside a chat or channel with CTRL+F.
    It’ll allow me to quick search messages in a specific conversation.

PARITY TO SKYPE SEARCH
    Like in Skype chat, we need to be able to search text strings from conversations

IMPROVE SEARCH RESULTS VIEW
    I feel as though the conversation view looks a bit cluttered as is, and conversation threads are not as readily identifiable as I had hoped they would be. Some suggestions are: Add the ability to include a Topic Header for a conversation so that you can easily…

3,372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

218 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has moved to the planning stage. There have also been several small updates that have gone out already, as well.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more about coming updates.

-Warren

15. Let me send docs from OneDrive for business via Teams from iOS app

In iOS app, while chatting with a co-worker, you may want to send a file (or link) from onedrive for business. Currently that is not available. Would boost productivity by integrating already available services.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display 'user is typing' indication also in Teams Channel

While there's an indication of the user that's actively typing in the Chat area, I'd like to have this in the Teams area as well

1,164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  42 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include meeting

the mobile apps does not have the option "meeting", as the browser version has. The I'd like to suggest to include meeting tools integrated to outlook. Other point is that a could not open a link from youtube directly from the team for mobile.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "Sync button"

Add "Sync button" - In the app there is a "sharepoint" button. I suggest you add a button to directly start syncing the "file/sharepoint/group library". It takes to many clicks to start syncing files localy to computer with current functions.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. @ another Team or Individual while staying in your Team Channel Conversation

Use case:
    - a threaded conversation starts within a single team but reaches a point where conversation would benefit from participation expanding beyond this team's members. The whole reason email chains expand as a conversation unfolds.
    Note, the additional participants have no reason to be added to this Team's membership...just this one conversation.
    -e.g. a team wants input from a person/team that is not a member of their team. It would be more efficient not to step outside of the thread to restart an active conversation.

Approach:
    - allow adding another Team or individual to a single threaded conversation while…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add personal tabs

Allow us to have our tabs like my personal Site tab or Planner.
    With personal tabs I can customize my experience with Teams and add functionalities.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base