Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Event joining

Custom Holding Screen for Live Event about to begin.
    Set questions for entry ie name & company name

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inline replies

Inline replies to the messages in Teams on Windows/Android Apps

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide access to toolbar without being in a meeting

Provide access to the toolbar without being in a meeting to add a photo to background effects. Currently you have to be in a meeting or join a meeting for this option to appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Video Conference

The video canvas should be able to change colors so the glow can illuminate faces and supplement bad room lighting. Yellows & Oranges.

Additionally, give the option to tint colors of people who are not on video or have no picture/avatar to accomplish this illumination.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show recent emails from user within chat

It would be helpful to see recent emails from a user in the chat window as they are regularly asking about an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Automatically play the presentation before the host joins the meeting"

Add the capability to play a presentation (short video or PowerPoint ppt/pptx deck) before joining a meeting, or before the host joins the meeting.

Other platforms include this ability:
    "Automatically play the presentation before the host joins the meeting"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can you add Drawboard to teams for collaboration of documents?

Can you add Drawboard to teams for collaboration of documents? you get Drawboard free with Microsoft teams but it is basic people would more likely purchase the pro version if it was incorporated in to Microsoft teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. assignments

Hello, I'm from the Bridgeport, CT Early Adopters District Pilot. I would like students to be able to type something when they submit an assignment. It might be a simple assignment where they can type a short answer, or they might want to explain something when they submit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In Telkos / Webkos für jeden Teilnehmer einzeln die Lautstärke anpassen

Manche Kollegen haben laute und durchdringende Stimmen, andere sind eher leiser, ich würde mir wünschen jeden Teilnehmer einzeln lauter oder leiser stellen zu können.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add feature to send Teams message without preview in receiver's pop up

It would be nice to mark a new message to someone as private so a preview of the message does not show in the receiver's pop up. In case the receiver is sharing his/her screen in a meeting, this would prevent others from seeing the content of the message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expand MS Teams window to see Team Names in full

Expand MS Teams window on the left pan so that MS Teams are not cut off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Grades

Hello,
    I'm from the Bridgeport, CT Early Adopters District Pilot. I'd like to be able to scroll over on the Grades tab. It'd also be nice to have a total column.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable tagging @mention on mobile app (IOS)

Currently, you can’t add a tag for mentioning a group of people on mobile Teams app, such as Teams for iOS. This is very inconvenient when you want to make sure that target audience will receive a notification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Makes Teams Chat more Like Skype

Skype for Business has been honed in and perfected over the past decade. The Grouping - the ability to have it only in the side (not taking up your entire screen), the ability to automatically pop out conversations, the compact size, etc. Teams simply ignores all the virtures of Skype. Make the Chat feature in Teams completely pop-outed so the contact list looks just like Sype. Allow the list to be much more compact. Allow the conversations to automatically pop out. The idea behind teams is fine - the execution is very disappointing.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unique ID instaed of Serial Numbers

When we export the results of FORMS the entries shows Serial Numbers. Please make it feasible to generate a unique ID so it can enable reporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outstanding Assignment in one place

Would it be possible to have one place where the students can see all their assignments from across different subjects? At present, they have to go into each Team to see if they have any assignments that are still outstanding.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have my favorites set up but now I see them and a larger window area on the right. Is there a way for me to see just the list of my contac

I really want to see JUST my contacts list (like it was in Skype...) and not the large window area to the right of it which takes up too much space on my screen. Really annoying and distracting. If I'm not IN a chat or meeting I really don't want to see all that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assignments

Hello,
    Right now, if I provide feedback on a student, whether they completed it or not, the assignment goes into their completed folder. This is very misleading to the student (and their parents). Perhaps there is a way the teacher could mark the assignment as completed.
    I am from the Bridgeport CT Early Adopters District Pilot.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make your Office products truly customizable, finally !!!

Well, I was just force-switched to Office 365. I knew it would be a rude shock but boy, this is so frustrating. I knew with every forced update from an older version to an (invariably inferior) new version of MS Office it is rude, but this time it is truly terrible. After having spent 3 hours Googling for solutions, like "how do change the color of the outlook icon so I won;t confuse it with Word", "how do I get rid of the toddler graphics in the Quick Access Toolbar", the answer always is: MS decided this cannot be changed.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base