Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop-out for channels to view the files in 2 different channels

It would be really convenient to shift through chats and channels if you can bring in a pop-out feature for channels. Every time you wish to view files in 2 different channels, you got to navigate through folders.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sending images and files in Teams chat should be as easy as email, Twitter, and Facebook

For email, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, there are very obvious file and image attachment icons available in the message composition dialogues. The process to include images and files in Teams chats should have been just as easy and obvious. Images can be included through copy-past, but there is still no clear and easy workflow to send files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show me which channels I'm not getting notifications for

I missed some important notifications today because they were off by default. It would be helpful to see a little icon next to each channel in the sidebar showing whether I receive alerts (email or banner) for it. For example, the icon could be a gold notification bell or a grey one with a slash through it.

This way, I can quickly tell if I'm not going to get notified about posts in an important channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set notifications for many channels at once

I would like a way to easily set my notification preferences for more than one channel at a time. Currently, if I have 50 channels and want notifications for 20 of them, I have to dig into the sidebar and set my notification preferences for every single one. A dialog where I can view all channels and set my preferences by selecting checkboxes would solve this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Who answer anything and make a real person control it.

It is so annoying when it doesn't answer anything. And I want a real person doing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better ability to sort and manage Teams to which I belong

Might be a Microsoft problem, but I belong to over 60 teams, and there are probably 20+ I really need to track. Which I could default to alpha sort or rearrange more easily than the current awkward dragging. Ability to pin about 10 somewhere would make my life easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better ability to sort and manage Teams to which I belong

Might be a Microsoft problem, but I belong to over 60 teams, and there are probably 20+ I really need to track. Which I could default to alpha sort or rearrange more easily than the current awkward dragging. Ability to pin about 10 somewhere would make my life easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Can you see my screen?"

The number one question I hear while attending meetings, is "Can you see my screen?" I've said it, you've said it. I can't remember someone not saying it. So the question we need to ask, is why don't people know if they're sharing their screen? There's no feedback. I know there's a red box around the shared window, but if that's so useful, then why do people ALWAYS (I'm not being hyperbolic) ask "Can you see my screen?" There has to be a better way. Maybe a monitor window that shows what the rest of the participants see. You're the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it more coder friendly

Putting a snipet is not easily accessible. Also remove the 1000 character limit from clipboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Real Time Call Center Wallboard

Real Time Call Center Wallboard

Give live Updates on Call Center information such as number of users in the queue, agent status, etc. for multiple queue's at once.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed It'd be nice if unread updates to a

Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed
    It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

(This suggestion proposed by Erik has been UNDER REVIEW for 2 years now - 87 votes. A similar suggestion has been UNDER REVIEW for 16 months - 1990 votes. -- Lets get this REVIEW completed and decide one way or the other if it is to be implemented.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification consolidation and audio customization.

Audio that is audible, and notifications that dont pile up on the side of my monitor. come on microsoft.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In SHIFTS we would like to be able to set the default colors in the time off area

Though colors can be changed after the time is entered, we would like for the default option to be configurable specifically under the time off section.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When you add time off in the SHIFTS App it should automatically deleted your preloaded schedule for that day

In most cases we have preloaded everyones schedule , they then request time off, unfortunatly SHIFTS does not delete the preloaded shift for that day it instead shows 2 lines one for the shift and one for the day off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow users to send files without having to wait for upload

To send a file in Teams and apps like it, a user just drags the file to the compose window and hits send or upload, etc. Teams doesn't allow you to send until the file is completely uploaded, whereas other apps like Slack let you upload and hit send immediately afterward. If I navigate
    away from the compose box while the file is still uploading and forget to come back to hit send, the file just sits there in the compose box and is never sent.

Suggested behavior is to let me hit send while it's being uploaded, then just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add language to invite to explain how to enter web portion

When sending an invite to external parties, I have to add instructions letting them know to click on "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" to enter the web portion of the meeting. If I do not and they are not familiar with Teams they only dial in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE ALLOW FOR THEMES AND COLOR CHANGES : )

PLEASE ALLOW USER TO CHOOSE FROM DIFFERENT THEMES, COLORS, FONTS, ETC. TO ADD PERSONALIZATION TO THEIR MESSENGER.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Eyeroll response emoji

Some comments are eyeroll-worthy, and I need to be able to indicate that with an eyeroll emoji.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Group Email - Customize Permissions

Along with the creation of a Teams Group, an email address is generated. When permissions are granted for Send As rights, it would be nice to set that to dynamic groups such as Owners, Members, etc.

Additionally, when making the Group Email available in Microsoft Outlook, it would be beneficial to have it show dynamically for Owners rather than all members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base