Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. up/down arrows to choose emoji

If I type
    :+
    then a list of "thumbs up" emoji appear however I can't figure out a way of choosing one without using the mouse. As a keyboard shortcut nut I really don't this.
    Please allow us to navigate that list using arrow keys and choosing one using enter.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow thumbprint view of images in files section

Allow view changes just like in Windows for files. For instance, detail, small thumbnails, medium thumbnails, large thumbnails, etc.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. EML file reader for reading emailed conversations to a channel

Related to the recent "Forward an email to a channel".
    The full email is attached as an EML file. But it needs to be downloaded to read.
    Please build an EML file reader into the application and browser experience. It will be valuable to read the full email without downloading.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Finger print / passwords same as outlook app

Finger print / password security access the same as outlook app.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to disable some tab app tiles

With all the new tab app tiles that have been made accessible such as Zendesk, Asana, Smartsheet and etc, can we get the option to disable some app tiles? From an administration standpoint, we should have some control over what apps a user can add. It should be similar to how connectors are added, we can decide to select which 3rd party app to use in a channel. Basically, i need to a way to prevent users from adding in 3rd party apps, signing up for accounts and bypassing internal tools (security issue). Great job with MS Teams so far,…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The New Notes - Export/Save As to a Word document

Love the new notes. Very clever. Would love to be able to export or save as a Word document.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

1,614 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in the works. I hope to have more updates soon. I’ll keep you posted.
    -Warren

9. Group Policy Template

When are the Group Policy Templates going to be available for Microsoft Teams? I want to unify desktop app settings at my company (like disabling Skype Integration) but haven't seen a way to currently achieve that.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Streamline process of sending a new message

Currently Skype has the ability to do a search for a contact or group using a keyboard shortcut. Typically the person/group I want to message is at the top so all I need to do is hit "Enter" and I just start typing away. I love how simple and fast this is in Skype.

However, currently in Teams if I use the keyboard shortcut for "New Message", I cannot write a message into a channel. But if I use the keyboard shortcut for "Search", I can find the channel, group, or person but I cannot just hit "Enter" to start…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't use Comic Sans on the stickers.. Especially the Design ones.

It's basically a way to guarantee it won't get used by designers.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When viewing OneDrive from Teams "Files" section, it would be nice to see folder shares I've accepted from other team members.

When viewing OneDrive from Teams "Files" section, it would be nice to see folder shares I've accepted from other team members.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevent users from Adding Team

Need a way to prevent any user from creating new teams (and therefore a 365 Group).

I set GroupCreation to $false for the default policy but users in the default policy are still able to create teams. Please advise when I can expect this to be resolved.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a "Teams" icon into Outlook address book

When a new Team is created, a new email address is automaticaly created on Exchange.
    Unfortunately there is no icon to identify this new Team into the Outlook user address book. (The "icon" filed is simply left blank.)

It would be nice to add a "Teams" icon into Outlook.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Maximized desktop app displays a thin white bar up the screen to the left.

Teams Desktop app on Windows 10
    3 monitors are setup -- Left, center (main), and right.
    All monitors are the same resolution (1920x1080) with no scaling.

With Teams maximized on the center/main screen, there is a vertical white bar on the left screen. On the left screen, it is in the top right corner going down. It is 5px width and 745px height.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Onedrive for Business integration for mobile apps.

Don't know why this isn't available by now. Would it be possible to have OneDrive for Business integrated with mobile apps?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Would someone be able to provide feedback in the comments as to what is the expectation of this integration? What functionality is being asked for?

Any details to better understand the request is appreciated.

-Warren

17. Which chat belongs to which Teams on mobile apps?

It's not easy to remember which chat belongs to which Teams after a while on mobile apps. When you have multiple ongoing chats, it would be nice if you can see which Team they started from.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow removal of suggested contacts

Please remove/turnoff Suggested contacts from bottom left

833 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

239 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to “discard” suggested contacts in your chat list is rolling out to users. We will be making further changes to make suggested contacts more relevant for new users in the future as well, so marking as partially completed. Thanks for your patience with this one.

~Alex & the Teams team

19. Show when your video is being displayed

When there is a video conference with more than 4 people, it seems to show the 4 most recent speakers on the screen. It would be very useful to know if your own video image is being displayed to others. Your own image is displayed at the bottom right, if it could be made to have a thick red border when your video is active it would be great.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team chat should be visable when you click the team

When you click the Team from the teams list you should see the General Chat window .  

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base