Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow popups in tabs

I added an internal website that requires AAD auth, but AAD doesn't seem to be able to sign in with MFA, which I'm guessing is because of the popup :-(

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Separate speakers for Notification Audio vs Call Audio (Desktop)

When headphones are always plugged in, it is easy to miss a notification. An option to specify different speakers for Call Audio vs Notification Audio would be awesome. Similar to Skype.

1,705 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

332 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change requirement to press tab button in order to make Polly bot work

It turns out that when using the Polly bot one has to press tab after typing "@polly". I can kinda see why this is necessary but I didn't figure this out for myself, I had to email Polly support who kindly replied (very quickly, within a couple of minutes) and pointed me to this article: https://www.polly.ai/help/msteams/author-poll-not-working.html which states

"If you tried something like @polly "Your poll in quotes" "voting option" "another voting option" but nothing is happening, then you’re likely not tagging Polly correctly. In Microsoft Teams, you need to hit tab after typing @polly in order for us to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot cancel post edit

After selecting "Edit" on a post you cannot cancel the edit even after quitting the app. (There's no "Cancel" option and "Esc" doesn't do anything.) You have to "Send" the non-edited post, which then shows the post as "Edited" even though it wasn't.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

6. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

332 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to tag anyone in the organization on public groups

When a group is public you should be able to tag anyone in your organization. This would allow you to pull users into groups quickly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move channel folders to Teams folder

The foldere that contain the files for each channel are stored in the main Documents library of the SharePoint site. This can be confusing as to what documents are part of the Teams channels and what are just on SharePoint. Please move the channel file folders into a "Teams" folder, so that all files from Teams are together and easy to identify.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been declined by the feature team. However, the feature team is working on design changes to better help differentiate Teams files.
    Which hopefully will help alleviate the confusion users are experiencing when when trying to identify SharePoint files versus Teams files.

-Warren

9. threaded conversations in chats

can we get threaded conversations in chats? i see a lot of folks gripe about the threaded conversations in teams and about the "reply" button, but these seems more to be complaints about notifications and being able to see new conversations together with new replies to conversations.

Threaded conversations are really useful and it would be nice to be able to have these in chats, especially chat groups where several conversations can go on at the same time.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. adding skype conversations to favorites

I know that we can chat with people who use Skype for Business, but we are not able to add those that do use Skype for business to our favorites tab in Teams. Also, it would be nice to be able to organize those who are currently online and those that are not.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Onenote

I would like an option to restore the default note tab to Onenote.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a conference room, when scheduling a meeting

When using the Teams "Scheduling a meeting" functionality, it would be really great, if there also was an option to review and book a conference room for the meeting, so that team members also had the possiblity to meet in person and online.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  24 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

14. Time format/zone in notification emails

When I receive emails notifying me about unread activity in channels, the timestamp is in a different format and, what's worse, a different time zone than on my computer.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for read only access in OneNote

If a user has read only access, Teams does not allow them to use the OneNote at all. Please allow the OneNote to be used by those with read only access.

By default, the OneNote should open as read only and if someone wants to edit the OneNote, they should be prompted to open the OneNote in edit mode (if they have access).

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let us collapse/expand our teams list

One user asks for:
    I'm member of several teams in Teams and when I switch between channels in different teams, other teams seemingly at random collapse the channel lists. This impedes my workflow when I participate in discussions in several channels in different teams at the same time.

Another user says:
    Please give me an option to collapse or expand all Favorites

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve UI for following channels

It seems that to get proper notification about channel activity, you have to "follow" a channel. However this is far from obvious as the option is buried in a context menu. Furthermore, the fact whether a channel is followed/not followed is not clearly indicated.

I would prefer if the follow/unfollow option was indicated in a similar way as the favourite channel star, placing a symbol besides the channel name that can be toggled with the mouse.

Furthermore channels in the "n more channels" popup currently can't be followed. That should be possible.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do not display over full screen apps in MacOS

When using Mail.app or other apps in full screen, sometimes Teams will pop up over the full screen app. Honestly, I don't know how you even do it, but it comes with all sorts of usability problems. Like not knowing how to move the windows to another desktop.

Really, you should be using standard MacOS window behavior for everything. Teams is the odd man out at the moment.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Permalink

I want to be able to point someone to a message in Teams via a URL (aka a permalink). This would be particularly useful when used from outside Teams (e.g. From a wiki, or from an email, etc) but would have use within Teams too. We currently use MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and sharing permalinks to messages is something that people do often.

As far as I'm aware there's no way to get a permalink to a message from within the Teams desktop app, my request is that you make this possible. Thanks.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow content packs and dashboards (not only reports) from Power BI to be added as a tabs to the teams.

Allow content packs and dashboards (not only reports) from Power BI to be added as tabs to the teams.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base