Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint list type "Contact List" does not show in the Lists when adding a tab to the Team

I am not sure which list types are supported by the SharePoint extension that shows when you create a new tab for a channel, but Contact List is not one of them. It should be.

(Similar to the idea about showing SharePoint calendars: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35965447-allow-sharepoint-calendars-to-be-added-using-the-s)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring Back The Clippy Sticker Messaging Pack

Please bring back the Clippy Sticker Messaging Pack for Teams. It was a really fun sticker pack that brought back the nostalgia of a favorite Microsoft mascot in a new and fun way!

5,251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

935 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blank login window - Fix it!

When I open the Teams app on my machine (Windows 8.1), I get a blank login window. I've tried completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the problem remains. My company's IT people can't figure it out either. The only way I can get it working is to close the blank login window, then it reappears, then I close it again and it says "Modern authentication failed here. Status code 4c7". Then it logs in some other way and works.

How do I fix this?

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is expected behavior when an organization’s SSO doesn’t have Modern Auth enabled correctly with fallback auth. For more details around the 4c7 error and sign-in issues, please see the following articles:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4041047/modern-authentication-fails-in-teams-status-code-4c7

https://support.microsoft.com/office/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in-to-microsoft-teams-a02f683b-61a3-4008-9447-ee60c5593b0f

4. Support 'Issue Tracking' SharePoint List

Currently you can add SharePoint libraries and custom lists but you cannot add 'Issue Tracking'. Given that it's a project oriented list and was converted to the modern format indicating that its not on the chopping block it should be available for use in Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow SharePoint calendars to be added using the SharePoint tab list option.

I'm glad that we're now able to add SharePoint lists as a tab to a team, but it doesn't support SharePoint calendars.

We would like to add our team calendar to our Team as a tab, but due to some of our organization's policies we cannot add SharePoint as a website tab on a Mac.

We were so excited to hear that a list tab was in the works, and even more so when were told by a Microsoft TSP that it did support calendars (which are essentially lists).

I'm aware that a Teams calendar tab is also in the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. edge download manager

it would be better if edge uses built in own download manager to
    download torrents and other files at high speed with download priority option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded

Please use the Feedback Hub which is a Microsoft Store app; (requires Windows 10) to submit your feedback in the Microsoft Edge category.

This site is for Microsoft Teams feedback only.

-Warren

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

It’s by design. English text on your screenshot is a meeting title. It’s set by a meeting organizer. Users (a meeting organizer and a user who proposes different time) have set different UI languages: Dutch and German correspondingly.

- Natasha (Microsoft)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make this forum work with Chrome (Cannot accept T&Cs for first post)

I had to move to edge and paste the URL across in order to post my problems.

Woe. Is. Me.

:p

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Channel Groups

Add the functionality create channel groups. This feature would add much more clarity in big teams with many channels.

Example:

Team Test

Channel 1
    Channel 2
    Channel Group (Development) [Collapsible]
    -> Channel XYZ
    -> Work
    -> etc..

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hate to bear bad news but this feature request has been declined by the feature team.

-Warren

11. Khmer Language Support

Please add Khmer language support

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sinhala Language Support

Please add Sinhala language support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. automatically remove Teams canceled meetings from outlook calendar

When a user cancels a Teams meeting, it would be nice if we didnt have to click "remove from calendar" in outlook to remove that from the outlook calendar. please remove automagically

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the feature team has declined this feature request.

-Warren

14. Search bar location

The search/command bar in the middle of the very top of the window is not a very good location. Decades of UI/UX work to train users to click there to DRAG the window and now it's a giant search box. Perhaps the ability to move it to a different place or make it expandable if you want to would be nice. Or option to hide it. But right in the middle of the top of the window is a terrible place.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team has decided to decline this request after careful consideration. Thank you for the suggestion and all the feedback.

-Warren

15. 107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feature team thanks you for the feedback but it isn’t truly actionable.

More concrete suggestions are recommended such as, “Please create a more compact chat layout” or “Increase density of the UI text elements”

-Warren

16. @mention like yammer

I would really like to be able to @mention a user who is not in a Teams Team (public or private) or a Channel but a conversation only, similar to how Yammer does it. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/External-messaging-FAQ-Yammer-35b59d6c-bb1c-4541-bf19-9f67d2f2b199 .

I feel this would then stop the massive list of Teams being added to my left hand navigation and it would also mean I would not need access to the whole Teams team to collaborate.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately the feature team has declined this request.

Thank you for your feedback.
    -Warren

17. windows 10 mobile

I would like to have a fully functional live-tile for Teams on Windows 10 Mobile with text snippets of the latest interesting posts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been declined due to the shift with Win10 mobile devices.
    -Warren

18. 222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded

We will not be doing this request at this time, due to other high priority engineering that the product needs. But we really appreciate the feedback and are listening to every one that you submit in this forum. Thank you!

19. Fonts

would like to change the fonts

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry everyone, but the feature team has decided to decline this feature request.

-Warren

20. More @mention possibilities

Idea spliting off from this one https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16940059-add-generic-mentions-in-each-channel?tracking_code=1c7742f3e32355a2d76e469ddf0af53e

It would be nice to have more options for @mention as suggested in the above issue with @here for giving notification to everyone present (available status).

There are many other possibilities as well for example the opposite, something like @notHere (so they will not miss the message when the get back) or @onnline /@offline. You could also have @admin / @ owner and later @guests for external users.

Not sure if it's possible already or not but you could allow tagging a different team/channel so everyone that are in both gets a notification.

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  25 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base