Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to change their display name in a teams meeting

Many people prefer an informal form of address, or use a nickname. It would be good to allow them to edit their name to a preferred form of address when on a Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to hide my thumbnail video

Recent studies have shown that people in video chats are being emotionally impacted by seeing their own face in video calls. It’s distracting and people become more self critical. In Zoom, it is possible to remain in a video chat but mute my own video for me. I find it does help with meeting engagement and enjoyment. Pleas consider adding this feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reactions

Should add an "ew" reaction to messages and a shrugging emoji
    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Single class should not needed to be selected assignment tab

When I click the assignments tab, it asks me to select a class. This is fine unless you only have one class, so it is just an extra useless step to click on your class and press next when there is nothing else

Thanks, Teams is getting better and better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meeting control buttons while sharing a screen

Presenters cannot see the control buttons or the participant list while sharing their screen. However, participants can? So for instance, if a participant raise their virtual hand, everyone can see it except the presenter. The presenter can't mute a participate while screen sharing. We use Teams to deliver workshops and lectures. We use sharing all the time and struggle to know who is trying to ask a question while sharing is happening. Teams should allow the presenter to see the participant list while sharing a screen, which is currently not an option.

Another issue with file sharing is that Teams…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prioritize people showing video in meetings

Teams used to prioritize showing people who were sharing video rather than those who were not sharing video. Now it seems totally random - there are icons instead of videos, even though others are sharing video. Revert back to prioritizing showing video in the 9 box instead of icons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. During a meeting, always keep own name visible at top of "currently in this meeting" list

During a large meeting, the list of people in the meeting can be several pages long. When I scroll down the list I would like my own name to always stay at the top - the reason for this is that I always want visual confirmation that my microphone is muted, even when the control bar hides automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show who recently made edits in SHIFTS

It would be very handy to see who has recently made changes in SHIFTS. Currently we have over 10 team owners, however it seems that someone edits the shifts which conflicts to what was already planned etc. If we could view who has made the edits like an edit history, it would come very handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When you get a msg in 'teams" icon, have little notifcation count show up like it does in the chat icon

When you get a msg in 'teams" icon, have little notifcation count show up like it does in the chat icon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifications for new SharePoint News App in Teams

It would be great if we could have notifications in Teams for new SharePoint Modern News pages that are getting posted into a SharePoint intranet for companies that want to leverage the Yammer App in Teams and integrate an App for their intranet news. This would allow the end-user to see all key communications and notifications in one place. This is similar to the Teams Yammer App Feature ID: 64015

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GTM has you beat with one feature. The ability to freeze the screen. This is very helpful in a sale when you need to jump form one slide.

GTM has you beat with one feature. The ability to freeze the screen. This is very helpful in a sale when you need to jump form one slide to another that's not in sequence. The viewer doesn't see you've jumped. This is the only reason we stay with GTM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with libnotify notifications on Linux

On Linux, global notifications are pretty much always handled with libnotify, across desktop environments. Rather than creating your own windows for notifications (that then need to be separately silenced from system notifications). This will also allow Teams to integrate with thins like Do Not Disturb mode, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spread Large Gallery the width of the screen

Very excited Teams has finally updated to see more than 9!

The original gallery view is spread the width of the Teams screen. When switching to Large Gallery view, it shrinks the width of the screen to where there is two black rectangular spaces on each side. Please fit to the width of the screen for better visibility.

Also seems to pick and choose who is being displayed although everyone has their cameras on.

Would be great to have the speaker either pinned to one main area for easier visibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microsoft Voice Plan for a small business with only a few lines (2 or 3)

The way I understand MS voice plans and routing groups is, each user must be licensed for voice in order to be in a response group.

Imagine a small company that has 2 lines and 20 employees. The small business pays for 2 lines and the 20 people can only use line 1 or line 2 (waiting for a line to be free). the 2 DID numbers can call an extension to reach 1 of the 20 employees, but it will tie up just the 1 line.

I feel that users should be able to be in a response group…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default channel for assignments

I note that we can now put assignments into a particular channel. This is great. I have a class I share with a colleague, and we have it set up so that there is a channel for my stuff, a channel for their stuff and a general channel.

Can I set it so that, by default, when I set a task, the assignments bot will default to using my channel; and for my colleague will default to their channel? Obviously, over-riding would be useful in some cases, but day to day, not having to remember to set that option would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. simple, weighted, or meta-tagging in Files

I would like to move from SharePoint to Teams, as everyone at my org finds Sharepoint difficult to navigate. We currently drop files in Teams, but I would like to move our entire file library to there, but in order to do so we must be able to tag files. Is there a simple way to do this, like using the people tagging feature but with my own custom made tags? Or, more expertly, do a weighted tag, like in a 100 page document about EV chargers in a latino community in Hillsboro, with the focus being on EV chargers,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow User to adjust how quickly Teams shows user as 'away'

In Skype it was an option to customize settings around my status. Specifically the ability to set how long it would take for my status to show as 'away.' It seems if I'm working in other programs e.g. excel, word, web browser, email my status in teams can change to away rather quickly. A) I should be able to adjust how long this takes. B) Working in other programs should not make me appear away as I'm on my computer, just not in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable spelling cue's in Word documents by default, including within document comments.

Enable spelling cue's in Word documents by default, including within document comments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New message in the pop-out chat window should make that window active

New pop-out chat window should become active window and come in foreground, if it is hidden behind other pop-out chat windows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 2094 2095
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base