Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. digital breakroom

What if there was a place to mingle w/ your co-workers while working remotely?

We're using a channel meeting as a hack to provide us w/ a digital breakroom. It would be great if the "breakroom" or water cooler or coffee room or fuseball table or etc. could be a digital place.

The benefit of the channel meeting hack is that it can live forever and there is a presence indicator that people are active in "the meeting"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. minimize button on splash screen

On Microsoft Office you have a minimize button on splash screen so when it takes a LONG time and it is a LARGE image, you can start Teams and work on other things while it loads and it is not STUCK in the middle of your screen!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar view - having display size adjustments

if we can have an ability to adjust the calendar size so that i can have a view of the whole work week from 0700 to 1700 in one glance without having to scroll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. أتمنى أنكم تضيفون للطلاب أو لجميع المستخدمين أن حسابه يرسل تلقائيا للمعلم أن لايسطيع الحضور أو أن لدييي

أتمنى أنكم تضيفون للطلاب أو لجميع المستخدمين أن حسابه يرسل تلقائيا للمعلم أن لايستطيع الحضور أو لديه خلل في النظام أو في الشبكة الخاصة به

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Meet up Hub and Holosuite

Corporate clients could use a meetet up Cafe or hub, where people "stroll" over to for chatting and meeting up. The old fashioned break room, or huddle by the copy and fax machine. I think it would be a major sales piece--if it does not already exist. I'm thinking vending machines in there as well...virtual coffee, tea, snacks, icon with smoke and crunchy sounds Lol; ads for training, SME Q&A,.... Also, one should be able to fully dress, accessorize and customize their character. One key part is a free roam option which allows you to approach the hub in number…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Chat deshabilitado después de reunión

Agregar algún botón que deshabilite el chat que genera una reunión al finalizar la misma (más que todo que deshabilite la escritura nueva), hay estudiantes que después de las reuniones se quedan escribiendo en ese espacio emojis y cosas así que pierden el sentido usado del mismo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to captue Live Captions when recording a meeting. And possibly without the speakers icon, just the words like Closed Captions.

I've used the Live Captions option in meetings, but when I record the meeting, the Live Captions are not recorded. Is there a way to add this feature, as it would greatly enhance the ability for CC "Closed Captioning:. Especially if a caption "Side Car" file was available to download with Streamed video file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to open another instance

Ability to open another instance of Teams.
    For example: when setting up a meeting, it would be nice to be able open the chat section without having to leave the meeting form (outlook has a similar feature where you can start a new outlook instance).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AllowChannelMeetingScheduling Need Per team basis of Disabling meetings sent to a channel from the Teams client.

looking for assistance disabling meetings sent to a channel from the Teams client. The settings cannot be customized on a per-Team or per-channel basis. All the settings we have are user-specific, but they would like different settings for example immediate coworker Team of 10 people, vs. an org-wide initiative Team of 2,200 people. Please confirm if this is possible or not.
    Allow channel meeting scheduling
    Use the existing AllowChannelMeetingScheduling policy to control the types of events that can be created on the team channel calendars. This is a per-user policy and applies before a meeting starts. This setting controls whether…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it possible to search within a teams chat

It should be possible to search for key words within a Teams Chat session. This would allow to find important information in a concise way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio testing is not readily apparent.

Testing of audio/video devices should be upfront before people get into the room. It is not intuitive where that is. Picking the various devices is not the same as testing them. Simple UI is not MS strong point, but even Skype had the ability to test auido devices..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove attendees from a meeting in "bulk" versus one at a time.

When the need arises to remove attendees from a meeting, it can only be done one at a time. Quite tedious and time consuming. Would like an option to remove attendees in "bulk" or a group of them in one click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Time and Activity Time Tracking within Teams Chat Rooms

Is there any talk about adding an activity tracker with timer to Teams integration? Currently investigating the app Clockify, but there is no connector or other integration with Teams.

For my use case, I'd like users to be able to click a timer to start tracking time spent working on a specific task (client, ticket, administrative, training, etc.) with an option to add "project" and "tag" for granularity. I would also require reporting of some type, both summarized and detailed, by User, Project, Tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Missed Calls on Desktop App Able to Be Deleted or Marked as Read

When I miss a call in teams, I can "Mark as Read" the missed call on the version of Teams on my devices (phone, tablet) by swiping. I can't do the same on the Windows desktop app version, and not only because my laptop is not swipe capable. There just doesn't seem to be a way of doing this. This can be be confusing. Can a "Mark as Read" functions be incorporated into the desktop app version of Team, maybe with a right-click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Removing pinned channels from Team listing

I recommend that pinned channels be hidden/removed from the Team list view. This way it isn't listed twice and taking up that valuable real estate in the sidebar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to view more than 1 person in a meeting, when you are sharing a document or presentation.

Right now if you're the presenter sharing your screen, you only have the ability to see one other person in the meeting. In Zoom, there is the ability to see multiple people, while sharing your screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Push-to-talk support on Windows (and Linux!)

Could we get PTT support? It would make it a lot easier to answer questions in classes and have conversations, while cutting out background noise and echo (lots of people don't wear headphones) or delay time.

Additionally, I would ask that this is also brought to the Linux client. I have to use Linux for quite a few of my classes (computer systems, programming, and cybersecurity) and choose to for the other ones, so it would be quite important to many of us, especially people who take similar classes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix audio devices breaking and actually update Teams.

When adding a new audio output device, then switching to it, the microphone input no longer works. The only way to switch to a new output device is to restart Teams.

Also please actually update Teams for Linux, like support for different views and a 3x3 grid. I use it for school every single day and having the new things for Teams like on Windows would make everything so much better, like the updated call interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to hide when anyone join or leave a meeting from the meeting chat.

We don't really need to see when people join, however, we use the chat window for other things and the 'joined/left the meeting' messages really clog up the chat window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. That it is possible to filter in notes

That it is possible to select by subjects in the notes environment of the Assignments resource

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 3194 3195
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base