Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calls > Speed dial list > ability to change screen appearance + others

The ability to change the screen view of names in groups from tiles to lists would be great and reduce the screen space taken up by the tiles.
    Ability to make the tiles smaller.
    Ability to reposition the keypad to make a call.
    Ability to search by title, location, team, division, branch etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easier to tag and untag contacts

Ability to tag a person from the contact list rather than opening settings and adding and removing them.
    This would work more like skype for business where it was super easy to tag and untag someone when they became available (status changed) and you contacted them and no longer needed the tag.
    The way it is is too complicated. keep it simple please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a log feature that shows who muted who

I’m a student and often times classmates get muted or kicked out of the meeting when we’re all presenters. Sure there’s an option to turn everyone into attendees, but it’ll be nice to know who constantly ruins classes like that so they can face the consequences. Having a feature to see who invites random people into the meetings could be useful too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Microsoft Excel Tab in Teams

Kindly add an option to add Microsoft Excel tab in the team group chat so that one can share and contribute to an excel sheet like in case of OneNote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more than 11 people approve at once

I can only choose 11 people to approve an item, I sometimes need more than 11

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Approvals App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Live Event - Moving the "End" button

The "END" button seems to be in an easy spot for the producer to end the meeting by accident. Moving the button or burying it in the menu to make it even more difficult to end the meeting at the wrong time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Approvals

I would like the ability to delete, and archive approvals. I will have over 400 by the end of the year and have to review each day to ensure I have taken the steps the approval required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Approvals App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow at least two Microsoft Accounts to be linked to the one phone number

At the moment it is not possible to have a work Microsoft account and personal Microsoft account linked to the same phone number. This makes things problematic for those people who have Teams at work, but also want to use Teams personally outside of work. It appears that the only way around this issue is to have two separate phone numbers registered. Microsoft at the very least please allow one work and one personal Microsoft account to be linked to the one phone number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add filter to participant list to allow moderator to easily find unmuted participants

In large group calls, it can be challenging to find the participant(s) who are creating background noise. Creating a filter or grouping participants based on muted vs unmuted, would make it easier for the meeting moderator (and others) on the call to mute those participants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Voice needs to keep Audit Logs.

Teams Voice needs to keep Audit Logs. If anyone adds, changes, or deletes a call queue, auto-attendant it is not logged. If anyone creates, edits, or deletes a dial plan normalization rule it is not logged. All Teams Voice policy changes should be logged. These are a few examples, there are many others. To summarize - if anything changes in Teams Voice at all, ever, it needs to be logged.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open files in new window

When we click on a link that opens a file that was stored through teams that it opens the file in a separate window than the primary window of teams. Often times I need to review files and participate in chat/meeting sessions and I can only have one open at a time. Plus it's extremely annoying when I click on the link and I'm taken away from my session.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams jumps to the first activity feed item while I'm viewing or responding to one further down the list.

While in the activity feed and typing a reply to any existing item, if a new item comes into the top of my feed it jumps to it while I'm still working on it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase Diversity and Inclusion

Features:
    1) A microphone icon near individuals names where they can record how to pronounce their names.
    2) A pronoun feature near individuals names where they can input their pronouns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Project Online buckets and tasks to be visible in Microsoft Planner

Please integrate Microsoft Project Online with Microsoft Planner, to allow buckets and tasks from Project online to be visible in Planner. Otherwise users have to open multiple locations to view all of their assigned tasks. As it stand Project Online can use Groups to assign users tasks. Those same groups are associated with Planner. Planner should be a single pane of glass for assigned tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virtual dresses that can overlay for a face..

Can there be a library of dresses like coats, jackets, tux that we can choose similar to virtual background? If its not too much of an ask - virtual hairstyles like faceapp too :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow me to watch meeting while listing to another.

Once again, Teams is deficient to Skype. In Skype i could have one meeting open on one screen while participating in another. when the meeting i was in gets bogged down in meeting paralysis, i could bounce into the other meeting to comment on the 5 minutes of subject matter that I needed to participate in before bouncing back to the first meeting (assuming the finally got of the slide they were stuck on). In Teams, when you bounce from a meeting, it takes away the screen share so you can't keep appraised of progress and know when you need…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hold spacebar to talk -- instead of unmute/mute

As a User -- I'd like to "Mute" to be defaulted and I can hold down the "spacebar" to unmute to talk.

The problem context for me is that I feel anxious, at times, whenever my wife walks into my office and consistently have a moment where I'm double-checking my microphone is not live so I can answer a question from my wife that might be personal (not work related).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Walkie Talkie  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. being automatically set to "do not disturb" while on a call

I tried to find a way to turn off notification while I'm on calls and couldn't find anything. I try my best to focus on the subject matter of a call when I'm on it but find myself overwhelmed with pop-up notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When you click on a Teams document link, no "Open in Desktop App" ability

When you click on a Teams document link, when the document opens, the ellipsis in the upper right hand corner does not give you the ability to open the file in the Desktop App. This is especially useful if you need the full blown Track Changes features or are looking at an intricate Excel file with lots of data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mensagens de áudio pelo Teams para computador/web

Criar recurso de mensagem de voz nos chats do Teams.

O que difere das chamadas, é que a mensagem de voz pode ser ouvida a qualquer momento.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 3433 3434
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base