Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display a specific screen when Teams is launched

When starting up Microsoft Teams, "Teams" is selected to start up, so I would like to have the ability to select "Activity", "Chat", etc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. normal smile shortcut

it is great that you allow an emoticon to be added to each message: 'like', 'laugh', 'angry', etc is available. A normal smile would be a great addition to this. It would be a more personal acknowledgement than a like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to change the “New meeting” text

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "新しい会議" との文言を任意の文言に変更したい
    I want to change the “New meeting” text

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams での予定は "会議" という文言での登録となるが、利用状況に合致しない表記のため、Microsoft Teams の予定表で表示される "会議" という表記を "予定" との文言へ変更する機能の実装を希望します。

We would like to change the “Meeting” text in Teams schedule items to match our needs. Please add a way to change “meeting” (Japanese: 会議) on the Teams calendar to “booking” (Japanese: 予定)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Creating unnecessary groups

When I make a call or chat with selected team members, it automatically creates a group on chat. This leads to unnecessary number of groups in chat list, therefore its better if the caller has an option to keep it as group or just to make that call without creating a group.
    Do not know whether this is already there, if so appreciate your guidance to that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide the tool bar on Teams for iOS

I need an ability to hide the tool bar in the Teams meeting. I’m using iPad to use Teams and connect it to the projector for presentation. Every time a participant joins or leaves the meeting, user icon appears on the tool bar and it’s annoying. So I would like to hide the tool bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. About the main menu (left menu)

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):About the main menu (left menu)

About the main menu (left menu)

現状、Teams アプリケーションのメインメニュー(左側メニュー)に対して SharePoint の チームサイトを登録することができない動作となっております。
    つきましては今後、チャネルで閲覧するだけではなく、左メニューに対しても登録できるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, it is not possible to register a SharePoint team site for the main menu (left menu) of the Teams application.
    Therefore, in the future, we request that the functions be expanded so that you can register not only on the channel but also on the left menu.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability within teams to simulate a meeting to give the use the ability to properly check audio and video

Ability within teams to simulate a meeting to give the use the ability to properly check audio and camera response. Basically record the user and playback with 5-10 second delay Enough to stop and check the sound and the video.

This could be implemented locally or as a remote service accessible via teams only.

Skype had a similar feature at one point. Very useful for confirming your setup works and you see what others do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding Group email DL as a Contacts

As available in Skype for Business, Teams app doesn't have the feature of adding the email DL as contacts, where all the group members are exists. This will reduce the time in adding the person contacts manually and help us to find the available persons by just expanding the Email DL in contacts. Otherwise we have to search for the persons availability by typing their names. Sometimes we don't know who are all belong to that email DL to find the right support person. Skype for Business has this valuable features to reduce the searching time. Please enable this option…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can we have Dark mode in MS teams for Desktop Systems

When can we have a Dark mode for the MS teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I can only hear teams audio while in a call, not other audio

For class, we need to be able to listen to Youtube for lessons while on a teams meeting. I am not talking about sharing audio with the screen. It would be great if someone can tell me how I can listen to things like Spotify/Youtube or other audio while on a Teams meeting. I am using a Beats Studio 3. I can hear the audio when it is selected to hands free audio, but it's extremely low quality, and then my Teams audio cuts off. When I use the boat airdopes 381 audio I can't hear anything. It would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Divert on Busy - Microsoft Teams

A group of my colleagues are frustrated that when they are on a call (and so their status is set to busy) subsequent calls still come through. They want to change the behaviour so that when a call comes in while their status is set to Busy the call will automatically divert to the hunt group of which they are all members. I can't see any way of doing this, but was wondering if there's any way that I can bodge it to reproduce this behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute while sharing screen

Currently it is NOT possible to mute yourself while sharing your screen with sound. If you press the mute button also the presentation will be muted. Please add this feature ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate tasks and calendar

I know tasks and planner apps are going to be integrated soon, but i also want you to integrate planner and teams calendar(not outlook calendar).
    I mean i want to show tasks on calender, not only meetings.
    It helps me to clarify how many tasks and stuff to do including meetings are there in the near future and it leads me to more efficient way to finish stuffs and jobs to do.
    And anyway why is there only new "meeting" in calendar app?
    Usually it's not only "meetings", but definitely EVERYTHING to note on each person's calendar.
    It's like meetings,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change of Background

allow to Change Background prior to Meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Um botão para excluir contas indesejadas.

Um botão para exclusão de contas que abrimos e depois fica complicado a operação de exclusão.
    Por não ser um caminho muito claro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Design TEAMS to be multi-tasking friendly

The biggest problem with TEAMS is you can't multi-task within the program. You can only be in one part of the application at a time. Allow multi instances of TEAMS to be opened at one time would help solve this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need much more robust sorting, categorizing, and selection capabilities

Allow teams to be categorized (user defined and standard) and allow sorting on those categories.

Tree mode organization like folders would do.
    Allow multi-select of teams and chats and allow numerous options, "hide", "pin", "move to folder/category"
    Your "best practices" says, "don't make too many teams". That's unrealistic in a department of hundreds or thousands of employees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. alerts or ring tones when messages are received

Is there a setting or option available to let you know you have received a new message, or have unread messages?

The POP up does not work if you are not looking when it comes in.

Please let me know if anything exist

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)