Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Teams - Wrong Camera Presented - No Way to set Default Camera with Anonymous Join, No Default Settings

How do I effectively get Teams to open a meeting with the Correct Video Device?

Teams appears to be willing to grab just about any USB UVC device it sees as a camera and picks whatever is first in its list.

In this case it is starting meeting presenting an HDMI capture device rather than the Camera.
    I have 3 "cameras" (USB UVC) devices in a meeting room

• A Logitech Screen Share HDMI Capture Device ( USB UVC ) used to integrate a secondary video feed

• A Logitech Rally Camera

• A second HDMI Capture Device used for conference table video…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attendance Teams using virtual glass or hololens

Microsoft should integrate the Hololens or any virtual glass with ms teams to provide immersion. I realize that many people that is attending meeting is doing other things causing distraction. Students could be more focused attending class by home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attendance Teams using hololens

Microsoft should integrate the Hololens with teams to provide immersion. I realize that many people that is attending meeting is doing other things causing distraction. Students could be more focused attending class by home.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show my mic level indicator while in meeting.

Show my mic level right next to my name in a little level indicator so I know if my mic is on and at a proper level when talking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handover and multidevice Separate streams

When someone calls on a device and jou eg pick up the connection on a smartphone, it would be nice to open eg the data desktop share from my PC while maintaining the audio connection via my smartphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mute function Sennheiser MB 360 UC

Phisical Mute button does not work anymore in Teams for the Sennheiser MB 360 UC. Sennheiser had full Skype for Business compatibility but the phisical mute button does not work in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use phone / companion device as webcam

Via the companion device feature, I have been using my phone as a webcam. I do this by joining a teams call on my desktop with audio but no video, then joining the same call using my device with video but no audio and speaker switched off. This works well but it is annoying to set up.

It would be much more convenient if you could set up your phone as a webcam before joining the call, so that once you join on your desktop it would automatically join on your device with video on and audio/speaker off (or whatever…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blue Tooth Cameras to allow viewing of objects remotely

I can't find a Bluetooth camera that works with Teams to connect to app or laptop. I want a better picture than using a phone camera. It would be used to share videos for technical assessment and or inspections in the aviation industry (remote inspections)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable webcam resolution configuration

I have an USB webcam that has many ways to configure the resolution of video and photography by the Camera app of Windows 10, but I can't mantain this configuration to work in MS Teams. I need that resolution configuration of the video showed by your webcam be implemented because in certains resolutions my camera shows better images (I mean wide image and an acceptable quality)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio and Video device controls need to be front and centre

This has to be the worst thing about web conferencing & calling apps.

Whenever we start a meeting people are fumbling around switching from headset to built-in Mic or camera or speakers or then to the one on the headphone jack etc. and it wastes lots of time for lots of people.

Why are these settings hidden under multiple clicks?

When you join a meeting the options for which devices you are using need to be in your face, front and centre, with quick, easy one click choices to switch to another device or 'environment'.

Having environment based quick selections…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a "Test Audio/Video" feature

Need to be able to verify that audio and video is working BEFORE a meeting, so that we don't find out DURING meeting that we can't see or hear anything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to see my live mic audio levels when looking at devices to be able to do a quick mic test at a glance

Currently, it seems like the only way to test my audio is to make a test call. I'd rather be able to see some form of live feedback of what the mic is picking up when in the devices tab in order to do a quick device check

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Camera costume filter - wear a shirt

I love working shirtless from home .. Camera meetings require me to dress, only if there was a filter that dresses me in a different shirt every meeting..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We can deafen individuals without them knowing.

Because we can't have multiple people speaking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add VR Support

Add support for devices like the Oculus quest for more immersive meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Switching between devices when in meetings

Currently it is very inconvenient to switch devices during a meeting
    ex If on a meeting on mobile cannot join on laptop / tablet etc
    If you can show Active Meetings for the logged in user ( Should not be difficult )
    Then a user can simply click the active meeting on another device and join the call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for all types of Bluetooth headsets

I tried using with Philips and Sony bluetooth headsets, both were not working with Teams. Whereas, I am able to use these headsets with zoom, webex and google meet. Heard that only select BT headsets are working with Teams, Why is there a dependency on the type of headset for a software product?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base